Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199278 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1825 on: May 19, 2020, 03:34:09 pm »

And the thought of confirming you actually have a baseball cap by giving it to somebody honestly hasn't crossed your mind?

I don't feel the need to confirm I have it. I'd rather it not fall into the wrong hands.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 19, 2020, 04:08:52 pm »

Also, everyone has posted and no one else has joined me on skip. This might be lylo (or Mylo) so that makes me feel just a little bit more confident in my vote there.
Well if this were the kind of LyLo where scum can quickhammer with one vote then we'd already have lost, so that shouldn't be something that informs your decisions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 19, 2020, 04:15:46 pm »

can everyone share their reads? feels very relevant to scumhunting.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 19, 2020, 04:16:07 pm »

@faust, best guess, who are the bad guys?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 19, 2020, 04:16:19 pm »

Ppe

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: May 19, 2020, 04:16:54 pm »

can everyone share their reads? feels very relevant to scumhunting.
I plan on doing so later today.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 19, 2020, 06:50:04 pm »

One of mail-mi or skip is scum (and where we should probably lynch today if we're not lynching joseph) and the other's probably town. After that I think I'd vote faust over scola
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 19, 2020, 06:51:58 pm »

Eevee, if we lynch mail-mi today, do not investigate Joseph. It's pointless, we're not lynching him. Investigate one of the others. I would suggest scola, but adk and faust are also fine. Scola claimed to have a piece that he gave to joth night 1. Faust claimed to have one that got stolen night 2. Confirmation that they have never had any other pieces, and that they no longer have those pieces that they once had, would be good. Also, confirmation that they actually had those pieces at all is important too. Although not for faust, as mix already confirmed that. 

Anyway, don't investigate Joseph. It doesn't matter if he's lying. It only matters if other people are lying.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 19, 2020, 06:55:24 pm »

One of mail-mi or skip is scum (and where we should probably lynch today if we're not lynching joseph) and the other's probably town. After that I think I'd vote faust over scola
(How is lynching Joseph your first option?)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 19, 2020, 06:57:30 pm »

Honestly the main reason I don't want to lynch mail-mi is because then I'm gonna get shot tonight, and all y'all are gonna end up lynching faust, which will be a mistake.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1835 on: May 19, 2020, 08:20:56 pm »

• Generally in games like these, do scum get to talk N0 or not just night N1? i.e. do we think they've had any chance to coordinate anything yet?

Why wouldn't they get to talk N0?
Scola, did you ever answer this? Why would this game be different than any other game?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 19, 2020, 08:23:27 pm »

• Generally in games like these, do scum get to talk N0 or not just night N1? i.e. do we think they've had any chance to coordinate anything yet?

Scola, did you ever answer this? Why would this game be different than any other game?

This is scola's second? game, and he was town in the first one, so it could just be newbie innocence.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 19, 2020, 10:35:55 pm »

This is scola's second? game, and he was town in the first one, so it could just be newbie innocence.

That is correct. (well, 2nd or 3rd game , I can't remember if this was before M126. Regardless, I was town in that one too.

Why do we think scum killed sudgy last night?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 19, 2020, 10:55:03 pm »

That is correct. (well, 2nd or 3rd game , I can't remember if this was before M126. Regardless, I was town in that one too.
This doesn't really answer the question. Why did you think this game might be different from the other games you played?

Whom would you have killed?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 19, 2020, 11:24:32 pm »

This doesn't really answer the question. Why did you think this game might be different from the other games you played?

The point is that I wasn't aware that they could talk in N0 in those other games either. i.e I never thought it might be different, I just didn't think to wonder about that in those other games. Well that's not exactly true: for Hunger games there was N0 talk. But it wasn't just for scum but also all the different districts. So that game definitely seemed different.

Whom would you have killed?

I'll answer after I get others to answer my question first.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 19, 2020, 11:30:21 pm »

The point is that I wasn't aware that they could talk in N0 in those other games either. i.e I never thought it might be different, I just didn't think to wonder about that in those other games. Well that's not exactly true: for Hunger games there was N0 talk. But it wasn't just for scum but also all the different districts. So that game definitely seemed different.
So if you didn't think to wonder about N0 in the other games, why did you think to wonder about it in this one?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 19, 2020, 11:31:48 pm »

Probably because he was obv!town, and there was nobody else who was obv!town and also a good idea to kill.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 19, 2020, 11:59:31 pm »

So if you didn't think to wonder about N0 in the other games, why did you think to wonder about it in this one?

I mean, I already explained that for Hunger Games - that was first and everyone had some kind of N0 QT. I can add it was explicitly in the set up - since it was specifying when during N0 scum could and could not talk.

For M126 (I checked and confirmed it started before this). It just wasn't so important. These RMMs have more going on, what with (in this case) items. So there's more to coordinate than just who to vote for, and that's what made me wonder.

Skip, why are you town and yams is scum?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 20, 2020, 12:00:28 am »

Probably because he was obv!town, and there was nobody else who was obv!town and also a good idea to kill.

Who else is ob!town but not a good idea to kill?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 20, 2020, 12:14:32 am »

Who else is ob!town but not a good idea to kill?
Well, whom would you have killed?
Honestly your question sort of presupposes a specific answer to my question. Scum didn't decide in a vacuum to kill sudgy, they compared him with other potential nk candidates, and decided he was the best. So until you tell me who you think was a good nk target, I don't really know the intent of your question, or how to answer it satisfactorily. Are you asking why scum didn't kill me? Eevee? you?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: May 20, 2020, 12:19:40 am »

This question has multiple answers, and I will get into it, but it may take more energy than I currently have. I'd also like to put down other thoughts and reads on adk/you/faust(/eevee), but that will take even more effort. Hopefully tomorrow.

Who do you think is scum?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 20, 2020, 01:06:53 am »

I will say one thing, though. If I'm scum, then scum started with both the codebook and notebook, which would make vey little sense to begin with. Then, on top of that, instead of keeping this to themselves, and waiting to see what the codebook/notebook did, scum publicly outed that info to the whole thread in an extremely strange and impromptu moment during twilight of D1. So there's no way I'm scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 20, 2020, 01:24:54 am »

As of now, having reread only D1, I'm thinking Eevee>scola>ADK.

I've also realized something I really should have thought of before though - skip is definitely town. I mean the whole affair with him giving the codebook to joth doesn't make sense if they are both scum.

So Vote: mail-mi is the best thing for today I think.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 20, 2020, 01:25:18 am »

I will say one thing, though. If I'm scum, then scum started with both the codebook and notebook, which would make vey little sense to begin with. Then, on top of that, instead of keeping this to themselves, and waiting to see what the codebook/notebook did, scum publicly outed that info to the whole thread in an extremely strange and impromptu moment during twilight of D1. So there's no way I'm scum.
Oh, haha.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 20, 2020, 01:44:12 am »

As of now, having reread only D1, I'm thinking Eevee>scola>ADK.

I've also realized something I really should have thought of before though - skip is definitely town. I mean the whole affair with him giving the codebook to joth doesn't make sense if they are both scum.

So Vote: mail-mi is the best thing for today I think.
Eevee is a very central character in a lot of the actions and claims that have happened over the course of the game. It's been hard for me to come up with a scenario where he's scum, and complicated for me to consider the implications of all the claims and stuff. Could you walk me through your process?

Like for example, did he really start out with the rope? What's the point of my power if he did?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.