Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 197134 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1650 on: May 15, 2020, 07:35:51 pm »

Ok this is happening really fast and I need to go right now, and I don't want to leave my vote somewhere without thinking this through. I'll be back tomorrow. Seems like the best plan is to lynch joth today, so he can't steal the third piece from Joseph tonight. Then Joseph can start graverobbing him to get additional pieces and win and leave the game. Then we lynch mail-mi tomorrow.

I'll think about it some more and I'll be back tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, Joseph should unvote me asap please.

Ppe

Actually, that makes sense.  Vote: Joth.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 15, 2020, 07:45:50 pm »

@eevee, can you walk us through your decisions on whom to investigate each night, please?

K now I really have to go.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 15, 2020, 07:50:30 pm »

N1 Galzria big player, usually good to have info on him. Turned out not so this particular game
N2 Joth there was a lot of discussion around him and the owl
N3 Joseph thought it was just him needing the owl, so it seemed like relevant information. also i had decided i want to play for town so checking how truthful joseph is about the owl seemed prudent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 15, 2020, 07:51:51 pm »

So, here's a theory: what if when someone wins with the owl, they can also give all of the owl pieces?  Then scum can just keep giving each other the owl pieces, and they win.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 15, 2020, 07:52:34 pm »

So, here's a theory: what if when someone wins with the owl, they can also give all of the owl pieces?  Then scum can just keep giving each other the owl pieces, and they win.

No wait, that would be weird, because then everyone would win and they could just claim it and get the owl pieces.  Never mind.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 15, 2020, 08:03:41 pm »

I'll likely vote joth, but want to reread first. If joth is scum, does that make faust suspicious too? joth gave him codebook and notebook (via Mix) and then faust says what joth says is true.

I'm thinking scum could be joth, faust, and skip.

I prefer skip to mail-mil because mail-mi claimed a sailor role with details first, then skip said "me too". If mail-mi were lying what are the chances he guessed exactly skip's role. Though I guess the role could be the same, just different factions.

OK, so I'll need to think which of those two.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 15, 2020, 08:05:48 pm »

vote: joth that's L-1 baby!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 15, 2020, 08:06:57 pm »

Also, I'll want to reread, but let's say joth is theif, which seems possible). If he stole rope N1, how could he give both that to scum sailor and a 2nd item to mix? (do I remember correctly, that he gave mix one of the codebook / notebook - I'm pretty sure he did)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 15, 2020, 08:07:44 pm »

fyi, intent to hammer, after I reread, which will happen some time later tonight after finish watching Upload episode 2.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 15, 2020, 08:08:08 pm »

Someone can feel free to hammer if they want before I get to it, of course.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 15, 2020, 08:10:30 pm »

vote: joth that's L-1 baby!

This is not actually L-1, I missed that skip unvoted
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 15, 2020, 08:16:50 pm »

Also, I'll want to reread, but let's say joth is theif, which seems possible). If he stole rope N1, how could he give both that to scum sailor and a 2nd item to mix? (do I remember correctly, that he gave mix one of the codebook / notebook - I'm pretty sure he did)

Oh wait, maybe we're saying joth stole owl piece, and other scum stole rope. (both were stolen N1? like I said I need to reread; am completely typing stream of conscious without verifying my fact)

OK, really going off to watch show now - just wanted this one more post as I realize some my assertions could be wrong and so you know that I haven't actually yet reread before typing any of this - apologies for the noise.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 15, 2020, 08:41:05 pm »

Even though I definitely think joth is scum, let's at least wait for him to show up.  In the 0.6283% chance that he ends up town, he might have useful things to say.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 15, 2020, 08:43:52 pm »

Oh wait, maybe we're saying joth stole owl piece, and other scum stole rope. (both were stolen N1? like I said I need to reread; am completely typing stream of conscious without verifying my fact)

The owl wings were stolen N2, not N1.  So N1 he stole the rope, N2 he stole the wings, N3 he stole either the torso or the head (not sure which).

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 15, 2020, 09:01:17 pm »

The owl wings were stolen N2, not N1.  So N1 he stole the rope, N2 he stole the wings, N3 he stole either the torso or the head (not sure which).
Head (for what it matters)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: May 15, 2020, 09:02:17 pm »

Vote: joth
He's scum and he's been stealing my owl pieces. And I want them back

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 15, 2020, 09:03:57 pm »

That's probably L1 apparently

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:12 pm »

Ok this is happening really fast and I need to go right now, and I don't want to leave my vote somewhere without thinking this through. I'll be back tomorrow. Seems like the best plan is to lynch joth today, so he can't steal the third piece from Joseph tonight. Then Joseph can start graverobbing him to get additional pieces and win and leave the game. Then we lynch mail-mi tomorrow.

I'll think about it some more and I'll be back tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, Joseph should unvote me asap please.

Ppe

Actually, that makes sense.  Vote: Joth.
Agree with this.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 15, 2020, 10:36:42 pm »

OK, can someone unvote? We definitely need to hear from joth before lynching.

It doesn't work for him to have stolen the rope N1. Because on N2 de definitely gave the codebook to MiX on N2. He couldn't have also given the rope to a scum sailor.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 15, 2020, 10:40:17 pm »

I'd also like us to question eevee a little more.

Can you explain this sentence more clearly:

N2 investigated Joth, found out he had the torso and know has the wings

I get the type is "now" instead of "know", but am still unclear. Are you saying you investigated joth N2 and were told he had told he had two pieces, the torso and the wings? I'm trying to understand why the "now" at all, were you told he had just acquired that piece, then? (i.e. he had torso N1, then acquired (presumable via stealing) the wings N2)?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 15, 2020, 10:44:29 pm »

Once eevee confirms he had both pieces when he investigated N2, I think it will be safe to lynch joth (and will throw the hammer). But I'd really like to confirm we're understanding that key sentence correctly before we do.

So an unvote now, until we get this clarification would go a long way.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 15, 2020, 10:51:18 pm »

I have a couple of thoughts, but I don't think joth is quite as scum as everyone is saying. I'm not going to say them out loud because if he is scum I don't want to give him any fakeclaim ideas.

Meanwhile, to me, skip is 100% scum at this point, we should have lynched him d1.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 15, 2020, 10:54:49 pm »

Unvote, at least until joth chimes in, but boy do I want to lynch him.

Anyway, first off, I fully trust Eevee.  I'll eat my hat if Eevee is not what he says he is, I believe him so much.  That said, I interpreted what Eevee said as "Joth had the torso at the start of the night and received the wings by the end of the night."

Also,
It doesn't work for him to have stolen the rope N1. Because on N2 de definitely gave the codebook to MiX on N2. He couldn't have also given the rope to a scum sailor.

He didn't give the codebook to MiX on N2.  He said he gave the notebook to someone, but I could never figure out who.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 15, 2020, 10:55:30 pm »

I have a couple of thoughts, but I don't think joth is quite as scum as everyone is saying. I'm not going to say them out loud because if he is scum I don't want to give him any fakeclaim ideas.

Meanwhile, to me, skip is 100% scum at this point, we should have lynched him d1.

I've tried for a skip vote every day, man.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 15, 2020, 10:56:47 pm »

I've tried for a skip vote every day, man.

I think you're gonna be right. I was townreading him before, but now, i mean, someone stole the rope from eevee. Probably one of skip's scummates.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.