Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199330 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2020, 12:01:43 pm »

It's day 1, I'm mostly trying not to get lynched myself. To offset being not useful like that, I'm trying to take clear and strong stances in the posts I do make so if I do survive, there's something about me out there for later days.
Very strange. I find that I usually can avoid being lynched by being useful, why do you think these things work against each other?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »

Also lynching me is not a bad choice, so long as you lynch skip after I flip town.
So what do you think happened there? What is skip's game plan?

I think Skip thought that revealing these things about his item would be a towny thing to do and didn't realize it would put us in a 1v1.
He didn't realize it after he specifically asked about whether people think two people needing the same item makes one of them scum?

Neither mail-mi nor skip have a good reason for the other to enter this conflict as scum. But I think scum!skip is this crazy. Also look at how quickly the mail-mi wagon grew!
This is basically my argument against lynching one of mail-mi or skip (I don't know much about skip before the game, though, other than the awesome username).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2020, 12:09:47 pm »

It's day 1, I'm mostly trying not to get lynched myself. To offset being not useful like that, I'm trying to take clear and strong stances in the posts I do make so if I do survive, there's something about me out there for later days.
Very strange. I find that I usually can avoid being lynched by being useful, why do you think these things work against each other?
I don't think putting in a lot of effort day1 is a good use of anyone's time. I would totally greenlight a random lynch -> into the night right now if I could.

Speaking against this 1-1 is how I'm trying to be useful too. It's not like I'm being intentionally useless, I just don't think there's much of anything I can analyze yet.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2020, 12:12:45 pm »

Ah, it' nice to see baiting people to lynch me is working! Oh the towncred I'll have if I survive this!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2020, 12:14:15 pm »

I don't think putting in a lot of effort day1 is a good use of anyone's time. I would totally greenlight a random lynch -> into the night right now if I could.

Speaking against this 1-1 is how I'm trying to be useful too. It's not like I'm being intentionally useless, I just don't think there's much of anything I can analyze yet.

D1's the easiest day to catch scum because there's no conflicts or claims or anything, just classic reading people. And town's good at reading scum.

Then skip has the brilliant idea of outing people's item needs and here we are.

PPE: Lol. You'll only survive it if you're lynched, so I don't think that works how you want it to.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2020, 12:47:45 pm »

I wanted to vote Eevee, but I reread him and there's nothing that scummy.  Something does seem off about him, but I can't put my finger on it.  I guess I wouldn't be opposed to his lynch?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2020, 12:49:52 pm »

Glooble's making fun of us.

I approve of this flavor direction I've grown to love.

Retweet. Glooble, this is awesome. I especially like the coffee mug of whisky.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2020, 12:51:10 pm »

I wanted to vote Eevee, but I reread him and there's nothing that scummy.  Something does seem off about him, but I can't put my finger on it.  I guess I wouldn't be opposed to his lynch?

But he's Eevee, and like you, doesn't play with us very often.  Wouldn't it be better if he could hang out for a bit?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2020, 01:04:52 pm »

But he's Eevee, and like you, doesn't play with us very often.  Wouldn't it be better if he could hang out for a bit?

Wait, by that logic I should always be lynched.

I don't like that implication.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2020, 01:11:11 pm »

Ah, it' nice to see baiting people to lynch me is working! Oh the towncred I'll have if I survive this!

This almost makes me want to vote you.

Eevee/skip partnership

People distracting away from the 1v1 are most likely scum if one of us turns up scum (and one of us almost definitely will (it's skip btw))
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2020, 01:13:02 pm »

This almost makes me want to vote you.

Eevee/skip partnership

People distracting away from the 1v1 are most likely scum if one of us turns up scum (and one of us almost definitely will (it's skip btw))

If you do that you're lynched so, yeah.

This post makes mail-mi town btw.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2020, 01:18:38 pm »

I reread the first part of the day with Skip. So first it takes him a few posts after mine (there are three of his posts between my list and the one where he brings up that we share an item) and then he lists 3 different possibilities of what it could be. At this point, he is not making it a 1v1 but leaving it open to possibilities. Then he reveals that it's on my list, then votes for me. However, again he is not making this a 1v1 because he says right after he votes me:

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

So he still isn't intent on making this a 1v1. I think town would be more gungho about a 1v1 because a 1-for-1 trade town-for-scum is much better for town than it is for scum, especially this early on.

Also he allows me to claim the item I need first, so he has a plan on what to go off of. He could have lied and said he doesn't need to rope, so perhaps there are some townpoints there, but not enough to make up for what happened earlier.

There's my skip case, take it or leave it (I prefer you take it cause he's scum)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 28, 2020, 01:18:53 pm »

Feels to me at this point we should lynch the 1v1, and we will learn a lot from that.

If town vs town, we can give further scrutiny to those who advocated for it (myself included).
If town vs scum, we can give further scrutiny to those who were against it.

And if scum vs scum (different factions), then win-win!
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 28, 2020, 01:20:22 pm »

I reread the first part of the day with Skip. So first it takes him a few posts after mine (there are three of his posts between my list and the one where he brings up that we share an item) and then he lists 3 different possibilities of what it could be. At this point, he is not making it a 1v1 but leaving it open to possibilities. Then he reveals that it's on my list, then votes for me. However, again he is not making this a 1v1 because he says right after he votes me:

So he still isn't intent on making this a 1v1. I think town would be more gungho about a 1v1 because a 1-for-1 trade town-for-scum is much better for town than it is for scum, especially this early on.

Also he allows me to claim the item I need first, so he has a plan on what to go off of. He could have lied and said he doesn't need to rope, so perhaps there are some townpoints there, but not enough to make up for what happened earlier.

There's my skip case, take it or leave it (I prefer you take it cause he's scum)

Also of note that I was the first to pronounce him as scum more definitively, in this post:

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

The item I need appears in mail-mi's list.

Vote: mail-mi

Interesting. I listed the item I need plus 4 random ones. I think that makes you more likely scum than town, if you happen to need the same item I do.

vote: skip

So I pushed more for the 1v1 than skip.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2020, 01:21:06 pm »

Also, who suggested people list of what they need in the first place? The more I think of it, that seems a scummy to me.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:15 pm »

Also, who suggested people list of what they need in the first place? The more I think of it, that seems a scummy to me.

ADK I think? But the first person to want a claim plan was skip IIRC.

"Not leaving there for the rest of the day" means "Not leaving this vote for the rest of the day" which means he's not moving his vote from you which means it's a 1v1.

Are you scum?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:49 pm »

Feels to me at this point we should lynch the 1v1, and we will learn a lot from that.

If town vs town, we can give further scrutiny to those who advocated for it (myself included).
If town vs scum, we can give further scrutiny to those who were against it.

And if scum vs scum (different factions), then win-win!

If we lynch both, and they're both town, will you offer yourself as tribute?

Oh wait no that was the other game oops.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 28, 2020, 01:24:05 pm »

"Not leaving there for the rest of the day" means "Not leaving this vote for the rest of the day" which means he's not moving his vote from you which means it's a 1v1.

Are you scum?

what? I thought it meant like "not leaving it there for the rest of the day" as in "this is more of a pressure vote." it was a confusing sentence, i guess i interpreted it wrong?

No.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2020, 01:25:13 pm »

Well, one of us interpreted it wrong. Would not be surprised about either interpretation being correct.

Thank you for your honesty. I like how that's the only answer I could give as scum, yet as town I could say much more. No idea about you, however.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 28, 2020, 01:26:19 pm »

I guess it would be better to ask skip than argue over its meaning without the person who said it.

@skip, with this sentence:

Did you mean that your vote will not be leaving me for the rest of the day, or that you won't be leaving your vote there for the rest of the day and will move it later?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 28, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »

I guess it would be better to ask skip than argue over its meaning without the person who said it.

Did you mean that your vote will not be leaving me for the rest of the day, or that you won't be leaving your vote there for the rest of the day and will move it later?

Of course, we won't know if the answer will really be what he meant then or what he wants us now to think what he meant then.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 28, 2020, 01:33:39 pm »

Of course, we won't know if the answer will really be what he meant then or what he wants us now to think what he meant then.

One of the answers will come with a scumslip, so I'm fine with that.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 28, 2020, 01:48:24 pm »

The former. I see now how you could construe it differently.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 28, 2020, 01:51:15 pm »

@mail-mi, when I revealed that I needed any item on somebody's list, you didn't acknowledge my post at all. Did you not think it was 1v1 then?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 28, 2020, 01:53:49 pm »

@mail-mi, when I revealed that I needed an item on somebody's list, you didn't acknowledge my post at all. Did you not think it was 1v1 then?
ebwop
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.