Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Card Idea: Monk  (Read 1358 times)

MrHiTech

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrHiTech
  • Respect: +89
    • View Profile
Card Idea: Monk
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:42:12 pm »
+4

Monk (Action, cost $1)
+1 Card
+1 Action
Setup: Add a way to the kingdom

With Ways, there’s finally a good excuse to have the dreaded cantrip donothing. It’s called a Monk as a D&D reference. In D&D 5e, Monks choose from different “ways”.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Card Idea: Monk
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:33:01 pm »

I assume the setup text is only meant to add a Way if the rest of the chosen setup didn't already have one? Or do you add a second Way if there already was one?

If only this cost , then it could be used as the card for Way of the Mouse!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

MrHiTech

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:55:04 pm »

I assume the setup text is only meant to add a Way if the rest of the chosen setup didn't already have one? Or do you add a second Way if there already was one?
Yes, I wanted to make sure there would always be a way out, and wanted the card text to be as simple as possible. “Add a way to the supply if there aren’t any in the supply yet” just seems a little wordy.

Yes. Then you could add Adventures tokens and get unlimited Cards, Actions, Buys, and $.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 04:21:50 pm »

Yes, I wanted to make sure there would always be a way out, and wanted the card text to be as simple as possible. “Add a way to the supply if there aren’t any in the supply yet” just seems a little wordy.

Yeah I think it's fine, that was my default assumption.

Yes. Then you could add Adventures tokens and get unlimited Cards, Actions, Buys, and $.

No; this wouldn't be any different as Way of the Mouse than any other card. Way of the Mouse already allows you to play any card an infinite number of times; you just can't get token benefit because there is no "pile" for the Way of the Mouse card to put a token on.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

MrHiTech

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 10:35:56 am »

No; this wouldn't be any different as Way of the Mouse than any other card. Way of the Mouse already allows you to play any card an infinite number of times; you just can't get token benefit because there is no "pile" for the Way of the Mouse card to put a token on.
Yeah, I guess you’re right. My bad.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.558 seconds with 21 queries.