Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262734 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2020, 09:36:05 am »

I’m trying that stream-of-consciousness, not overthinking too much style this game. Gonna see how it works out for me.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2020, 09:36:54 am »

Howdy Rhand....your drunk ass, and most other versions will inevitably think MiX is scum because he plays a scummy game. It pays off when he’s scum, though, because we have all gotten so used to it that we think his scumminess is null. That’s a long con, for sure.

I, on the other hand, am freaking always town. What is it that your finding scummy?
Actually, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but your meta is way scummier than MiX's.

True enough....but mine has been proven to be town way more times. Like over and over and over again.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2020, 09:38:58 am »

Howdy Rhand....your drunk ass, and most other versions will inevitably think MiX is scum because he plays a scummy game. It pays off when he’s scum, though, because we have all gotten so used to it that we think his scumminess is null. That’s a long con, for sure.

I, on the other hand, am freaking always town. What is it that your finding scummy?
Actually, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but your meta is way scummier than MiX's.

“I may be a fool, but I have to agree with our resident antihero over here. I find my default read on thou to settle on having a touch of evil more often than not, which is sometimes hard for my intrinsic stubbornness to overcome.”

But at some point the being wrong over and over and over again should theoretically reset your intrinsic sense, yeah? Or is the stubbornness about my style too powerful?

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2020, 09:41:41 am »

MiX is in my probably town pile.

This is the post that pinged me:

I do not hate Joth’s idea.

MiX, what do you think of Eddie’s posts? Is he making the game more awesome? Or is this a requirement?
1)   Joth’s idea is bad
2)   That question to MiX won’t help you figure out MiX’s or Eddie’s alignment.

And then when I look at all your other posts, there’s nothing in there that will help you figure out anything.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2020, 09:42:07 am »

True enough....but mine has been proven to be town way more times. Like over and over and over again.
Is your argument "I'm townier than MiX because I have been town more often in the past"? Because I sure hope it's not, I have to policy lynch everyone who commits to that fallacy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2020, 09:42:28 am »

Didds town meta is so distinctive that it’s very easy for her to mimic it as scum. It’s completely NAI.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2020, 09:45:20 am »

Not a Dustrbringer, sadly, and although my first instinct was (much like other folks) to decry this plan, the more I think about it the more I see the value. Scum basically has to consider the tradeoff of allowing a Dustbringer to live to try to get our investigative roles versus killing off a potentially huge danger of allowing the Vigis to shoot their shot.

As Vig is my favorite role, I know well how with a little luck a Vig can absolutely dominate a game, so... yeah. I think this puts scum in an awkward place.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2020, 09:52:40 am »

Is your argument "I'm townier than MiX because I have been town more often in the past"? Because I sure hope it's not, I have to policy lynch everyone who commits to that fallacy.

No, it doesn’t have anything to do with MiX. My my argument is that what someone might consider scummy in terms of style, in my case, has been proven to be authentic to me and not scummy. As evidence, the vast majority of games I’ve played on f.ds in the last year where someone was convinced I was scum, and then flipped town. So, whatever it was that pinged the scum radars of whomever thought that, was wrong.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2020, 09:55:08 am »

No, it doesn’t have anything to do with MiX. My my argument is that what someone might consider scummy in terms of style, in my case, has been proven to be authentic to me and not scummy. As evidence, the vast majority of games I’ve played on f.ds in the last year where someone was convinced I was scum, and then flipped town. So, whatever it was that pinged the scum radars of whomever thought that, was wrong.
Well yes. That is the case for everyone's meta. When I talk about someone's meta, I generally mean their town selves.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2020, 10:02:55 am »

MiX, what do you think of Eddie’s posts? Is he making the game more awesome? Or is this a requirement?
1)   Joth’s idea is bad

And then when I look at all your other posts, there’s nothing in there that will help you figure out anything.

Cool....

For 1) I don’t think it’s a bad idea in and of itself. Joth is right that the nights of this game are going to be far more interesting and informative than the days. Also, it’s kind of irrelevant....this group is not gonna no lynch. Our biggest no lynch advocate is not playing, and most of the rest of us think a flip, even if it’s green, is worth the loss of the person.

2. It might not help you figure out anything about MiX or Eddie, but it helps me. They are both quirky, and I think that they read each other better than anyone else. Eddie has never done in this role-acting before so I was legit interested in what MiX thought. Finding that out isn’t scummy. At worst, it’s irrelevant information to you, but I can’t see how it helps scum.

3. As to my other posts that you won’t think won’t help me figure out anything. Maybe my posts don’t help you figure out anything, but they help me. I don’t like the idea that there is only one way to play because that assumes that everyone has the same motives, ideas, and assumptions. That isn’t true. So, if there is one way to play, I’m for sure doing it wrong.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2020, 10:06:46 am »

1)   Joth’s idea is bad

Cool....

For 1) I don’t think it’s a bad idea in and of itself. Joth is right that the nights of this game are going to be far more interesting and informative than the days. Also, it’s kind of irrelevant....this group is not gonna no lynch. Our biggest no lynch advocate is not playing, and most of the rest of us think a flip, even if it’s green, is worth the loss of the person.

2. It might not help you figure out anything about MiX or Eddie, but it helps me. They are both quirky, and I think that they read each other better than anyone else. Eddie has never done in this role-acting before so I was legit interested in what MiX thought. Finding that out isn’t scummy. At worst, it’s irrelevant information to you, but I can’t see how it helps scum.

3. As to my other posts that you won’t think won’t help me figure out anything. Maybe my posts don’t help you figure out anything, but they help me. I don’t like the idea that there is only one way to play because that assumes that everyone has the same motives, ideas, and assumptions. That isn’t true. So, if there is one way to play, I’m for sure doing it wrong.
Fair enough. Then walk me through what you have figured out please?
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2020, 10:14:21 am »

I’m trying that stream-of-consciousness, not overthinking too much style this game. Gonna see how it works out for me.

Trying not to overthink is something scum does.
I have sigs off.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2020, 10:31:19 am »

18 person game ya'll. This is going to be wild.

Also, I feel like the setup post heavily implies at least one third party without actually saying it. Did anyone else get that sense?

I am 99% sure, there are some
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2020, 10:32:52 am »

I see. That's a good reason I guess.

He's also the only person that I met on f.ds with whom I've communicated through non-dominion related channels, as I tried DMing a game of Pathfinder for him back in the day, although timezones and college kind of kept that from happening beyond the first session or two for schedule reasons. So that's probably why I picked him in that first game.

That was a lot of fun back then! Brings back memories

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2020, 10:33:41 am »

Do we think Eddie has a posting restriction? Or is he just being weird for the sake of being weird?

vote: Glooble

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2020, 10:34:46 am »

None of them moved me at all.

i don't like Glooble's perspective of "hey, what does everyone think about this?" instead of expressing his own opinion.

yup.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2020, 10:36:36 am »

Actually not talking in houses is incredibly difficult and thus claiming them is meh. Sometimes it's useful, but usually I think it's not.

So...I think we shouldn't do it as it would just clutter. Mine's out there I don't think a single one matters that much.

hey, you're town which mans you're scum, which means you're town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2020, 10:37:47 am »

Hi everyone! Good to be back in a game again. For those I haven't played with before, I use he/him pronouns and you can call me cube or hyper or xyrix or whatever variations you like.

Let's start with a vote: Dylan for PR hunting.

I don't see a pressing reason to no lynch now. We could have protective roles, a vig, etc. to change the player parity.

agreed.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 06, 2020, 10:39:38 am »

Glooble's going to be our first mislynch. Count me out.

Greathallscout is acting like scola, so he's scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 06, 2020, 10:42:15 am »

It's best to know how many dun spheres someone's charging than not, and if everyone steals then you know who decided to break the pact.
So you are suggesting stealing as a way to get info? You still won't know who else stole spheres that night, so you won't be able to calculate how many dun spheres someone has.

Oh, I know -- a stealing pact! Everyone agrees to steal.

I love this. Also stealing is bad for everyone involved, until we know every person-role pairing in the game.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 06, 2020, 10:42:53 am »

After some consideration, I’ll support no lynch over a bad lynch day 1 but I think it’s very possible we’ll find a good lynch.

I’m basically never voting Eddie today. And I’m strongly townreading Glooble. And vaguely townreading Didds. Nobody else has pinged my radar one way or another though I am slightly miffed at EFHW’s vote.

why are you townreading Glooble?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2020, 10:45:37 am »

It's best to know how many dun spheres someone's charging than not, and if everyone steals then you know who decided to break the pact.
So you are suggesting stealing as a way to get info? You still won't know who else stole spheres that night, so you won't be able to calculate how many dun spheres someone has.

Oh, I know -- a stealing pact! Everyone agrees to steal.

I love this. Also stealing is bad for everyone involved, until we know every person-role pairing in the game.

Stealing is necessary. It's pro-self so you can't stop it, everyone wants to steal.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2020, 10:47:01 am »

Trying not to overthink is something scum does.

I also found this post scummy at first. It reminds me of scum!Awaclus saying he had changed his meta, isn't that great? So no one suspected him for being different. But now I remember Glooble saying another time that he had decided to try being helpful as his approach to posting and he was town then. So NAI.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2020, 10:48:22 am »

Vote: Greathallscout

Wagons!

it's the second time you mention wagons, this is a card not played twice.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2020, 10:50:20 am »

vote: MiX.

MiX is doing this thing when he dominates the thread and tells his opinions as something that is very obvious, although it's not. I think this is NAI, but it's a good lynch regardless of his alignment.

Sorry.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 115  All

Page created in 1.819 seconds with 20 queries.