Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262765 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2020, 07:55:30 am »

I've also learned that Rhand is in my timezone. Where are you from, Rhand?
I’m a hungover Belgian.

I’ll catch up when the painkiller kicks in :)
You might want to look into better painkillers :P
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2020, 07:56:20 am »

Vote: Faust

Until someone can explain what’s pro-town about pushing for our freaking vigilante to claim day one.
What's not pro-town about it?

The part where we tell scum who to kill if the want to kill our vig.

What is pro-town about it?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2020, 07:56:45 am »

I'm confused. What are you referring to? There's some surge powers that only scum use (ninja lmao) so clearly they'll spend more stormlight than town.

If scum has watchers and trackers and can easily see a reason for a town player to use the ninja ability.

I don't. I'm quite confused as why you would want to hide that you're doing stuff to scum. It's also a waste of stormlight.

Scum could watch the person they kill. If they survive, now scum has found the doctor. If I’m an edgebringer I could totally see myself ninja doctoring to prevent that scenario.
And you're willing to give up a Doctor shot for that?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2020, 07:58:20 am »

I'm confused. What are you referring to? There's some surge powers that only scum use (ninja lmao) so clearly they'll spend more stormlight than town.

If scum has watchers and trackers and can easily see a reason for a town player to use the ninja ability.

I don't. I'm quite confused as why you would want to hide that you're doing stuff to scum. It's also a waste of stormlight.

Scum could watch the person they kill. If they survive, now scum has found the doctor. If I’m an edgebringer I could totally see myself ninja doctoring to prevent that scenario.

Oh no, not the doctor that already protected someone and might claim anyway to let everyone know they doctored if no one dies in the night. Definitely the worst thing possible is for the Doctor to be NKd after doing their job and therefore protecting all the investigative roles one more night.

I remain of the opinion that Ninja is anti-town. Besides this all started with an example, I'm sure you can't question that godfather/framer is strictly scummy, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2020, 07:59:44 am »

Also, since noone brought this up yet and it's more interesting than House-claiming:

All Dustbringers should claim.

Hi faust! Happy weekend!

Why should the Dustbringers claim?  (I am not a Dustbringer, but I want to understand)
It's good for Tracking roles to know who not to target because they can Ninja a scum. Plus Dustbringer is a fakeclaim that provides plenty of cover for scum against incriminating results, so we want to lock them out of using that as a fakeclaim early on.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2020, 08:01:54 am »

Until someone can explain what’s pro-town about pushing for our freaking vigilante to claim day one.

You're acting like vigs are some sort of super weapon for town. They're not. They're especially not if take use up resources for more than 3 investigative actions.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2020, 08:05:14 am »

It's good for Tracking roles to know who not to target because they can Ninja a scum. Plus Dustbringer is a fakeclaim that provides plenty of cover for scum against incriminating results, so we want to lock them out of using that as a fakeclaim early on.
Addendum: By forcing scum Dustbringers to claim, we ensure that they cannot without being incriminated drain Stormlight from townie players.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2020, 08:06:40 am »

I'm not a Dustbringer.

Addendum: By forcing scum Dustbringers to claim, we ensure that they cannot without being incriminated drain Stormlight from townie players.

Oh I thought town could drain Stormlight from scumreads, I like fruit vendor.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2020, 08:07:27 am »

I'm not a Dustbringer.

Oh I thought town could drain Stormlight from scumreads, I like fruit vendor.

Wait oh OH I get it I see it now okay yes I like the claim plan more now.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2020, 08:08:18 am »

You're acting like vigs are some sort of super weapon for town. They're not. They're especially not if take use up resources for more than 3 investigative actions.

Getting an extra shot at killing scum is quite powerful. Certainly powerful enough to make it a bad trade-off to out them just to... limit scum’s fakeclaim options?

I guess I can see your logic now. I don’t agree with it, but I can see it.

Anyhow, I ain’t claiming shit.

How? They’ll just say “I thought that player was scum, oops my bad”. Or, the scum dusterbringers just won’t claim.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2020, 08:09:32 am »

Or, the scum dusterbringers just won’t claim.
Well, locking scum into lying early on is generally a positive as the more they have to lie, the easier it gets to catch them.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2020, 08:38:52 am »

Not a dustbringer.

On the house claiming thing: I wouldn’t assume all houses are well populated. I played a GoT flavored game once with everyone in factions with Nightchats, and I was in the Frey faction all by myself.
I would also not be surprised if Greathallscout is a hitman that needs to kill people from certain houses.

@Glooble / Greathallscout / Dylan32 / MiX: Is it normal on this site to muse about third parties early on?

MiX, why should I believe that you’re not scum this game?
Why single out MiX for this question? Is that because of history between you two?

@MiX: Why so many random votes?

After some consideration, I’ll support no lynch over a bad lynch day 1 but I think it’s very possible we’ll find a good lynch.

I’m basically never voting Eddie today. And I’m strongly townreading Glooble. And vaguely townreading Didds. Nobody else has pinged my radar one way or another though I am slightly miffed at EFHW’s vote.
Expand on those townreads please? Both Glooble and Didds are on my possible scum list.
And why the chairs vote?

My town pings/reads right now

Galz
Greathallscout
Didds
Eddie
Why Greathallscout and Didds?

vote Greathallscout

On a sidenote: I have no idea why my drunken ass thought MiX was scum yesterday.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2020, 09:18:43 am »

Damn Rhand is good. Love it. To answer your questions:

It's not really normal, no.

D1's the best day, so I strive to be voting for my top scumread all the time.

You voted me because everyone new to me scumreads me. That's kinda my thing. It tells me you're scumhunting, so townpoints.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2020, 09:24:39 am »

Vote: GreathallScout

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2020, 09:26:01 am »

The man, who had had been sitting in the corner for an eerie amount of time, stared out over the crowd while plucking mindlessly at his lyre in an attempt to tune it.

He decided to take this moment to redirect his (arguably incorrect) suspicion away from the overly active polyhedral.

Vote: Glooble

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2020, 09:26:47 am »

The man, who had had been sitting in the corner for an eerie amount of time, stared out over the crowd while plucking mindlessly at his lyre in an attempt to tune it.

He decided to take this moment to redirect his (arguably incorrect) suspicion away from the overly active polyhedral.

There we go.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2020, 09:27:17 am »

Howdy Rhand....your drunk ass, and most other versions will inevitably think MiX is scum because he plays a scummy game. It pays off when he’s scum, though, because we have all gotten so used to it that we think his scumminess is null. That’s a long con, for sure.

I, on the other hand, am freaking always town. What is it that your finding scummy?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2020, 09:27:42 am »

Vote: Greathallscout

Wagons!

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2020, 09:27:47 am »

Oh, I can dandelion for a minute
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2020, 09:28:18 am »

Also Faust’s explanation was sufficient.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2020, 09:29:41 am »

There we go.

I don't understand this reaction.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2020, 09:31:38 am »

There we go.

I don't understand this reaction.

Was just wondering when people were going to start voting for me and... there we go.

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 06, 2020, 09:31:52 am »

Howdy Rhand....your drunk ass, and most other versions will inevitably think MiX is scum because he plays a scummy game. It pays off when he’s scum, though, because we have all gotten so used to it that we think his scumminess is null. That’s a long con, for sure.

I, on the other hand, am freaking always town. What is it that your finding scummy?
Actually, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but your meta is way scummier than MiX's.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2020, 09:34:42 am »

Actually, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but your meta is way scummier than MiX's.

Not D1.

Actually this is an interesting topic which is sadly anti-town.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 06, 2020, 09:35:36 am »

“I may be a fool, but I have to agree with our resident antihero over here. I find my default read on thou to settle on having a touch of evil more often than not, which is sometimes hard for my intrinsic stubbornness to overcome.”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 115  All

Page created in 1.835 seconds with 20 queries.