Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262705 times)

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: June 08, 2020, 11:20:10 am »

Oh, but the latter breaks the rules of the game. It would have to be made like "your win condition might change" and not say anything about how and to what, but at least open that possibility. I thought that's what the setup said.

To me, "Alignment changing is possible in this game" is equivalent to "win condition changing is possible in this game." What does it mean to you?

I have re-read the rules and still see several ways that a cult could exist within them. "You will be notified if your alignment is capable of changing" could mean that only some players are capable of changing alignment, and/or that alignment changing is optional.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 08, 2020, 11:23:31 am »

I don't think there can be a cult in this game given the rules post and I don't think this line of conversation is particularly useful.

What do you think "7. Recruit" in the night action resolution order is referring to?
I have sigs off.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 08, 2020, 11:25:02 am »

I don't think there can be a cult in this game given the rules post and I don't think this line of conversation is particularly useful.

What do you think "7. Recruit" in the night action resolution order is referring to?
The night action resolution was copy/pasted from mafiascum or a similar source I believe, and is not specific to this game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 08, 2020, 11:27:52 am »

A true alignment change for me would be to get a win condition that you previously did not have, and were not aware that you could get.

I know some mods would disagree on that definition. It seems that MiX believes alignment changes can only be roles of the former category. Which is a notion that I also disagree with.

Oh, but the latter breaks the rules of the game. It would have to be made like "your win condition might change" and not say anything about how and to what, but at least open that possibility. I thought that's what the setup said.
Yes, I would consider that alignment change, if you only know that your alignment can change, but not the conditions for making that change happen, or knowing what your alignment changes into.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 08, 2020, 11:29:12 am »

A true alignment change for me would be to get a win condition that you previously did not have, and were not aware that you could get.

I know some mods would disagree on that definition. It seems that MiX believes alignment changes can only be roles of the former category. Which is a notion that I also disagree with.

Yes, I would consider that alignment change, if you only know that your alignment can change, but not the conditions for making that change happen, or knowing what your alignment changes into.

So would I. So where are we disagreeing?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 08, 2020, 11:32:48 am »

About 3 pages behind RN and sort of busy today. May not be able to check in.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 08, 2020, 11:39:16 am »

The night action resolution was copy/pasted from mafiascum or a similar source I believe, and is not specific to this game.

OK, good to know. I'd still like to know what Glooble sees in the rules, because I don't see it.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 08, 2020, 11:42:15 am »

To me, "Alignment changing is possible in this game" is equivalent to "win condition changing is possible in this game." What does it mean to you?

I have re-read the rules and still see several ways that a cult could exist within them. "You will be notified if your alignment is capable of changing" could mean that only some players are capable of changing alignment, and/or that alignment changing is optional.

It says "If", not "when" or something. If it's not possible for your alignment to change, then a cult leader cannot change your win condition. But I see how you can think otherwise.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #608 on: June 08, 2020, 11:44:14 am »

OK, good to know. I'd still like to know what Glooble sees in the rules, because I don't see it.

Basically just what MiX is saying - hard to have a cult that's in any meaningful way a cult if most players alignments can't change. But I didn't see the "recruit". Even if it is boilerplate, its totally understandable for hypercube to see that and think cult.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 08, 2020, 11:44:43 am »

I guess this was useless afterall.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 08, 2020, 12:08:06 pm »

I guess with this:
So to me the only people that could think about changing win conditions are third-parties and weird scum.
Though I may have read it wrong. It seemed to me that you imply that there can be no town with the option of changing their alignment.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 08, 2020, 12:22:12 pm »

I guess with this:
So to me the only people that could think about changing win conditions are third-parties and weird scum.
Though I may have read it wrong. It seemed to me that you imply that there can be no town with the option of changing their alignment.

No, I'm implying that the only people that can change alignments due to someone else's role are third-parties and weird scum. Which I suppose can be the same.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 08, 2020, 12:52:38 pm »

Well, I don't see how that would follow.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 08, 2020, 12:54:26 pm »

Hmf, I don't really want to continue this discussion. I want the people who are on GHS to move their votes because that wagon is laaaame.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #614 on: June 08, 2020, 12:55:25 pm »

Hmf, I don't really want to continue this discussion. I want the people who are on GHS to move their votes because that wagon is laaaame.

What's a less lame wagon though? chairs?

I could go back to chairs.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 08, 2020, 12:56:29 pm »

I could go back to chairs.
And yet you don't.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 08, 2020, 01:15:48 pm »

“Our antihero doth speak truth, I cannot fathom this case, perchance I am missing a key element to the argument regarding his behavior?”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 08, 2020, 01:20:34 pm »

“Our antihero doth speak truth, I cannot fathom this case, perchance I am missing a key element to the argument regarding his behavior?”

Eddie! There is much to be done. Who are you voting for?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 08, 2020, 01:31:30 pm »

Eddie! There is much to be done. Who are you voting for?

”I remember not, it has been so long... Pasta, methinks?”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #619 on: June 08, 2020, 02:04:40 pm »

Ok, fine but I'm doing this because I want to, not because faust told me to.

vote: chairs

He/ Him

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 08, 2020, 02:24:23 pm »

why?
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 08, 2020, 02:27:15 pm »

Players are ordered within tiers.

It's me!
cayvie: Obvtown.

Town tier.
WestCoastDidds: Town. Her interactions with Rhand (#384, #509) are so frickin townie.
Jimmmmm: Town. Hell yeah nice iso reads. He comes across as overwhelmed town who decided, no, I’m gonna make it work.
Rhand: Lean strongly town. His interactions with WCD also make him look good. Like it was a genuine town/town discussion that they both considered sincerely. Read not as strong simply because I’ve never seen his town game.

"Hi, I'm MiX, I'm wacky" tier
MiX: Town or 3p. MiX, as previously discussed (#342)  is playing his town game. Unfortunately that looks exactly like his SK game in my experience. But town is more likely, simply due to numbers.

Don't wanna lynch today
Dylan32: Lean town. He spent stones on his claim when he didn’t have to. I suspect scum would have the urge to be more frugal with their expenditures.
jotheonah: Lean town. I buy his explanation of the reason he voted chairs and not EFHW (#512)
Galzria: Lean town. I think this is town Galz. He hasn’t posted much, but he’s full of stances that feel genuine.
Swowl: Lean town. The very slightest of leans. Post more.

Mixed signals tier; I could be persuaded to lynch these people
Eddie: Null. I get a bunch of mixed signals, probably due to the role-playing. I think he responded well to my pressure.
LaLight: Null. His tone is less floaty than previous scum D1’s I’ve seen from LaLight. His vote on MiX is kind of terrible, but I’m not sure it’s scummy.
Glooble: Lean slight scum. I was going into this reread expecting to townread Glooble, but man his posts just feel awkward. #340 for example, the “our freaking vigilante” bit sounds like he wrote a post, then was like “hmm, how can I make this sound townier, I know” and then edited it. He claims to be posting footloose and fancy free, but that’s not how his posts read to me.

Yes YES the tiger is out!
EFHW: Lean scum. Mostly gut at this point. I’ve never seen town EFHW, but she feels the same as she did in Ashersky’s game.
faust: Lean scum. He started out strong. However, he’s been throwing really persistent shade in my direction lately. No suspicion, per se, just trying to imply that my reads and play are not to be trusted. (see the end of #325, then it ramped up in #526, #582). What’s the change? I think it’s my case on GHS. I suspect faust is doing the “defend one buddy while attacking another buddy” tactic, and GHS is the buddy he is defending. (Who’s he attacking? EFHW). I also think he is a little more derisive toward people in general this game than I’ve seen him be; using his charisma to create an acidic atmosphere that is non-conducive to town finding each other and trusting each other.
GreatHallScout: Scum. That readlist, man.

Extra-special "I don't have a read on you at all" tier
scolapasta: Null. Not enough posts to judge.
chairs: Null. Not enough posts to judge.
hypercube: Null. I don’t see anything alignment-indicative in his posts yet.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #622 on: June 08, 2020, 02:43:39 pm »

Actually, I'm going back to vote: GreatHallScout

Sorry, mail-mi.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #623 on: June 08, 2020, 02:45:40 pm »

(It's cause I trust cayvie more than I trust faust.)

He/ Him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 08, 2020, 03:34:54 pm »

cayvie's tead in Glooble is exactly how I feel about him
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 115  All

Page created in 2.639 seconds with 19 queries.