Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262656 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2020, 07:09:18 am »

they can't. because mail-mi said, that everyone will be notified if their alignment is capable of changing, in the case of people who can offer alignment changes, everyone should be notified, and I wasn't

So you're claiming not-town?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2020, 07:13:35 am »

they can't. because mail-mi said, that everyone will be notified if their alignment is capable of changing, in the case of people who can offer alignment changes, everyone should be notified, and I wasn't

what? No, I am town, and I wasn't notified my alignment can change.

How do you read?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2020, 07:17:33 am »

How do you read?

Oh okay. I assumed something and then you corrected it so I had to ask.

How do I read what?

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 08, 2020, 07:40:44 am »

How do you read?

LL's confusion about this seems towny, but I really don't think people should claim whether their alignment can change or not.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #579 on: June 08, 2020, 07:54:15 am »

Mail-mi, will there be any warning that a highstorm is coming?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 08, 2020, 08:31:11 am »

How do you read?

LL's confusion about this seems towny, but I really don't think people should claim whether their alignment can change or not.

they wouldn't i guess

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:33 am »

How do you read?

How do I read what?

It was a question of how did you read my posts in a way where I claim non-town

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2020, 08:54:33 am »

cayvie, I would suggest you keep those kinds of questions in your QT in the future. This discussion has not helped anyone but scum, who now know that LaLight is not a Cop.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 08, 2020, 08:57:01 am »

How do you read?

How do I read what?

It was a question of how did you read my posts in a way where I claim non-town

I thought it was obvious that town wouldn't be able to change alignments unless by their own role, and even then I highly doubt such a role exists.

So to me the only people that could think about changing win conditions are third-parties and weird scum.

cayvie, I would suggest you keep those kinds of questions in your QT in the future. This discussion has not helped anyone but scum, who now know that LaLight is not a Cop.

Do you want to tell us what you think of cayvie based solely on her question?

Ah, questioning faust's fun.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 08, 2020, 09:01:31 am »

Do you want to tell us what you think of cayvie based solely on her question?

Ah, questioning faust's fun.
Based solely on her question, she is scum.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 08, 2020, 09:19:29 am »

I thought it was obvious that town wouldn't be able to change alignments unless by their own role, and even then I highly doubt such a role exists.

So to me the only people that could think about changing win conditions are third-parties and weird scum.

Maybe RMM51 (where mail-mi was a cult leader who recruit/killed me) is shaping my thoughts too much, but I don't think that's obvious.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #586 on: June 08, 2020, 09:23:04 am »

6. Alignment Changing: Alignment changing is possible in this game for certain players. You will be notified if your alignment is capable of changing.

So am I the only person that reads the setup or what.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 08, 2020, 09:25:12 am »

6. Alignment Changing: Alignment changing is possible in this game for certain players. You will be notified if your alignment is capable of changing.

Yes, I read that; it's why I said people shouldn't claim whether they can change alignment or not.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 08, 2020, 09:27:59 am »

Yes, I read that; it's why I said people shouldn't claim whether they can change alignment or not.

What I think you're thinking of is bad game design. Or...something. I'm trying to read your mind and I'm just getting confused.

Why can't everyone have the same logic as me, that would help.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 08, 2020, 09:34:23 am »

What I think you're thinking of is bad game design. Or...something. I'm trying to read your mind and I'm just getting confused.

Why can't everyone have the same logic as me, that would help.

I can definitely imagine mail-mi making another setup which includes a cult after having been a frustrated cult leader in RMM51. The setup includes the possibility of both non-Knight Radiant factions and alignment changes, so I don't think we can rule it out. That's why the idea of Eddie being a cult leader came to mind when he claimed "knave" and wanted us to read our QTs.
I have sigs off.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 08, 2020, 10:23:47 am »

There’s just no way a cult leader would claim.
GHS would be a way more logical leader with his push for house claims.
I can’t help but think he did that for a reason.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2020, 10:26:06 am »

Mail-mi, will there be any warning that a highstorm is coming?

Yes. The stormwardens are accurate. Usually.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 08, 2020, 10:38:16 am »

There’s just no way a cult leader would claim.
GHS would be a way more logical leader with his push for house claims.
I can’t help but think he did that for a reason.

I didn't really think Eddie was a cult leader, but I figured it would be good to see his reaction and I wanted to get the idea that there could be a cult out there.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #593 on: June 08, 2020, 10:42:49 am »

I don't think there can be a cult in this game given the rules post and I don't think this line of conversation is particularly useful.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 08, 2020, 10:46:38 am »

I don't think there can be a cult in this game given the rules post and I don't think this line of conversation is particularly useful.

It outs hypercube as scum so I think it's very useful.

Do you think he's town that forgot that he can't change his win condition? I'd say he's scum that can betray people, or other scum shenanigans.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #595 on: June 08, 2020, 10:51:03 am »

Do you think he's town that forgot that he can't change his win condition? I'd say he's scum that can betray people, or other scum shenanigans.

Just so we're clear, you're saying if cube was town, he wouldn't have brought up the cult thing, because he would know that his own alignment couldn't change, and infer from that that no town member has an alignment that can change, and therefore there's no cult? Or was there a more direct admission of alignment fungibility that I missed?

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 08, 2020, 10:51:59 am »

Just so we're clear, you're saying if cube was town, he wouldn't have brought up the cult thing, because he would know that his own alignment couldn't change, and infer from that that no town member has an alignment that can change, and therefore there's no cult? Or was there a more direct admission of alignment fungibility that I missed?

I am, but that's not really the main reason I'm scumreading him. That would make him a weird third-party by itself.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 08, 2020, 11:05:03 am »

I think there may be some confusion about what it means to change your alignment.

Some would consider a role like this alignment changing: You win when you are the only player left alive. When you hammer 3 people, you will instead win when you are alive at the end of the game.

I don't think that's alignment changing; all your paths to victory are clearly laid out to you at the start of the game, and you can play towards them.

A true alignment change for me would be to get a win condition that you previously did not have, and were not aware that you could get.

I know some mods would disagree on that definition. It seems that MiX believes alignment changes can only be roles of the former category. Which is a notion that I also disagree with.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #598 on: June 08, 2020, 11:07:13 am »

I am, but that's not really the main reason I'm scumreading him. That would make him a weird third-party by itself.

I have thoughts about this, but I'd like to hear cube's response before I share them.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 08, 2020, 11:10:14 am »

I think there may be some confusion about what it means to change your alignment.

Some would consider a role like this alignment changing: You win when you are the only player left alive. When you hammer 3 people, you will instead win when you are alive at the end of the game.

I don't think that's alignment changing; all your paths to victory are clearly laid out to you at the start of the game, and you can play towards them.

A true alignment change for me would be to get a win condition that you previously did not have, and were not aware that you could get.

I know some mods would disagree on that definition. It seems that MiX believes alignment changes can only be roles of the former category. Which is a notion that I also disagree with.

Oh, but the latter breaks the rules of the game. It would have to be made like "your win condition might change" and not say anything about how and to what, but at least open that possibility. I thought that's what the setup said.

I have thoughts about this, but I'd like to hear cube's response before I share them.

He shouldn't answer this implied question. I'm scumreading him for other reasons too.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.