Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Action Supply Pile" and Populate  (Read 1127 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1350
    • View Profile
"Action Supply Pile" and Populate
« on: March 06, 2020, 11:11:45 pm »
+1

When Populate references "Action Supply Pile", that wouldn't include Estates, even if you've bought Inheritance, right?  And what about Castles, if Small Castle or Opulent Castle is on top?  That's still not considered an Action Supply Pile, I believe?  On the other hand, Plunder or Rocks, even though they are not Actions themselves, still belong to an Action Supply Pile, so if they were on top of their pile, would Populate still gain them?
They/them

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +738
    • View Profile
Re: "Action Supply Pile" and Populate
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:22:59 pm »
+4

When Populate references "Action Supply Pile", that wouldn't include Estates, even if you've bought Inheritance, right?  And what about Castles, if Small Castle or Opulent Castle is on top?  That's still not considered an Action Supply Pile, I believe?  On the other hand, Plunder or Rocks, even though they are not Actions themselves, still belong to an Action Supply Pile, so if they were on top of their pile, would Populate still gain them?

From the FAQs (though the inheritance one is "unofficial" due to being post errata):

Inheritance:
• The Estate pile, however, does not become an Action Supply pile (even though Inheritance explicitly says it's now an Action card), so you can't, for example, use Pathfinding to move your +1 Card token to it.

Split Piles:
• Some cards refer to the cost or types of a pile as if it is just one card. In these cases go with what is on the Randomizer card, which usually matches the top card.

Catapult-Rocks randomizer is Action-Attack
Castles randomizer is Victory-Castle

So, all of that to say, yes, you are correct. :)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.351 seconds with 20 queries.