Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 209187 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #1900 on: April 11, 2020, 02:46:04 am »

I will reserve my opinion on who between Ashersky/LaLight I think is scum

From my perspective, we have 7 alive and 3 potential scum. We could miss today and tomorrow and then we still win in lylo

So unless there is something real particular to look up I am ready for the lynch to happen
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1901 on: April 11, 2020, 04:09:11 am »

I will want that tomorrow if there is a tomorrow

Spoiler alert: there will be
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:34 am »

Ok. Who is scum: ashersky it LaLight
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:43 am »

Or*

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 11, 2020, 02:05:32 pm »

Or*

Probably ash, looking back at lalight on D1 it seems unlikely that he was mail-mi or raptor's partner. I think we're looking for the fourth mafia partner and not for another team, based on the fact that they've flipped as "mafia" and mix has a unique flavor for his faction; if it was two teams and not mafia+SK I would think that the red flips would have their own name
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: April 11, 2020, 02:15:23 pm »

*BOOM*
a cracking static follows the sound of a cannon going off... the Tributes all look to the sky for a message of some kind...

ATTENTION TRIBUTES!

After much deliberation amongst the Sponsors -  Tribute Lekkit has been chosen today to receive a special gift!

This is the only message. May the odds be ever in your favor!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:03:12 pm by DatSwan »
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: April 11, 2020, 02:46:29 pm »

Oh, that is exciting!!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 11, 2020, 03:19:55 pm »

*BOOM*
a cracking static follows the sound of a cannon going off... the Tributes all look to the sky for a message of some kind...

ATTENTION TRIBUTES!

After much deliberation amongst the Sponsors -  Tribute Lekkit has been chosen today to receive a special gift!

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Lekkit, worth sharing?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: April 11, 2020, 03:21:40 pm »

LaLight, what was the gift you received?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 11, 2020, 03:23:15 pm »

Also, did we just lynch too fast on day 3? Is it an even day thing?

Very curious.

Anyone know what causes it?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 11, 2020, 03:31:59 pm »

Not a clue
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:36 pm »

LaLight, what was the gift you received?

I had a D2 only neighbourhood with a person of my choice which was cayvie.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:56 pm »

Also, did we just lynch too fast on day 3? Is it an even day thing?

Very curious.

Anyone know what causes it?

Not a clue

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 11, 2020, 06:51:45 pm »

*BOOM*

ATTENTION TRIBUTES!

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Lekkit, worth sharing?

I THINK it's better if I don't share it.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 11, 2020, 06:57:50 pm »

I know I've said it before. But I'll really try to get a reread tomorrow.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1915 on: April 12, 2020, 06:19:05 am »

Re-read ADK. Something I noticed was a tendency to give reads without much explanation.

A few questions for you...

...analysis on district-partners...

so uh this theory is not lookin' too bad right now.

vote: shraeye

i wanna know why you could promise that #1 in the draft order (apparently WCD) wouldn't be the nightkill target.

I feel this.

I wasn't around much at the end of D1 due to RL busyness but I will try to do some catch up in the coming days. But I'm feeling good about where things stand right now

I was never super convinced by the district partners theory. What exactly was the "this" that you felt?

Alright, after a reread:

Unlikely to be mail-mi and raptor's partner: cayvie, glooble, mix, EFHW, e, lalight, didds, faust, shraeye, jim, ash
Could still be other scum: glooble, EFHW, faust, jim

On a reread I realized that shraeye's whole "we should claim our rank" and "#1 isn't going to be killed by scum" was likely (he didn't say as much but it's what I gathered) based on believing that scum was able to collude during the ranking phase, so that's basically a townslip from him

Looking back at mail-mi's list, I think it's unlikely he put multiple partners on the scummier end of his list

So where I'm left right now is vote: scolapasta

What made EFHW unlikely to be Mafia? What made you vote for scola? Was it just mail-mi's list placements?

Didds isn't someone I want to lynch today, probably not ever, partially based on district stuff

"Probably not ever" is a pretty big call. To what extent do you stand by that? What did she do in your QT that was Towny and couldn't just be attributed to her being her friendly self?

I've mentioned this before and I don't know how important it is, but my role seems completely unmodified for me being town

I find this to be a fairly compelling post for your Town Godfather narrative. Do you think, if you were a scum Godfather in this game, you would claim Godfather, or would you prefer to come up with some other claim? Were you disappointed when you found out you had been investigated, wishing you had some other role to claim?

The SK's dead, so I'm guessing faust hid behind glooble

Who's left here? How about a vote: EFHW

When I read this post just now, I thought it might be a scumslip. When I saw MiX's flip I figured he was on a second scum team, since it didn't indicate Serial Killer. But if the Mafia say had 4 members, they would know that a second scum team would mean too many scum players.

However, I then noticed that it also contained a vote for a Mafia member. It's hard to say exactly how much weight should be put on an out-of-the-gates Day 4 vote on Mafia, particularly when ash immediately then put the issue more or less to bed. But it's worth noting.

Probably ash, looking back at lalight on D1 it seems unlikely that he was mail-mi or raptor's partner. I think we're looking for the fourth mafia partner and not for another team, based on the fact that they've flipped as "mafia" and mix has a unique flavor for his faction; if it was two teams and not mafia+SK I would think that the red flips would have their own name

Was the Mafia/unique name comparison your immediate thought when seeing MiX's flip, or did you spend time thinking about it during that Night?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 12, 2020, 09:45:04 am »

...analysis on district-partners...

so uh this theory is not lookin' too bad right now.

i wanna know why you could promise that #1 in the draft order (apparently WCD) wouldn't be the nightkill target.

I feel this.

I wasn't around much at the end of D1 due to RL busyness but I will try to do some catch up in the coming days. But I'm feeling good about where things stand right now

I was never super convinced by the district partners theory. What exactly was the "this" that you felt?

At that point, the idea that shraeye was scum; I had theory day one that I expressed to didds in our QT that shraeye and scola might be partners. It was a knee-jerk reaction that I later reconsidered.

Alright, after a reread:

Unlikely to be mail-mi and raptor's partner: cayvie, glooble, mix, EFHW, e, lalight, didds, faust, shraeye, jim, ash
Could still be other scum: glooble, EFHW, faust, jim

On a reread I realized that shraeye's whole "we should claim our rank" and "#1 isn't going to be killed by scum" was likely (he didn't say as much but it's what I gathered) based on believing that scum was able to collude during the ranking phase, so that's basically a townslip from him

Looking back at mail-mi's list, I think it's unlikely he put multiple partners on the scummier end of his list

So where I'm left right now is vote: scolapasta

What made EFHW unlikely to be Mafia? What made you vote for scola? Was it just mail-mi's list placements?

I didn't do a big write up in the thread but at that point I had done a reread of D1 looking at what mail-mi and raptor had said about other players, what other players had said about them, and when other players had voted for them. EFHW's voted for raptor relatively early in the wagon so I thought she was unlikely to be bussing; turns out I was wrong.

The scola vote was mostly just PoE, I had a lot of townreads at that point in the game.

Didds isn't someone I want to lynch today, probably not ever, partially based on district stuff

"Probably not ever" is a pretty big call. To what extent do you stand by that? What did she do in your QT that was Towny and couldn't just be attributed to her being her friendly self?

The fact that she accepted my claim and didn't reveal it in the main thread was a big part of it. The fact that she hasn't mentioned that there's another part of my claim pretty much cements it for me, as scum!didds would probably want me lynched right now.

I've mentioned this before and I don't know how important it is, but my role seems completely unmodified for me being town

I find this to be a fairly compelling post for your Town Godfather narrative. Do you think, if you were a scum Godfather in this game, you would claim Godfather, or would you prefer to come up with some other claim? Were you disappointed when you found out you had been investigated, wishing you had some other role to claim?

It's hard to say. It would depend on who my partners were, what powers they had, who my district partner was, what they had already claimed, what had or hadn't been said pre-item claim. I think I probably would, though, I usually try to tell something close to the truth as scum.

The SK's dead, so I'm guessing faust hid behind glooble

Who's left here? How about a vote: EFHW

When I read this post just now, I thought it might be a scumslip. When I saw MiX's flip I figured he was on a second scum team, since it didn't indicate Serial Killer. But if the Mafia say had 4 members, they would know that a second scum team would mean too many scum players.

However, I then noticed that it also contained a vote for a Mafia member. It's hard to say exactly how much weight should be put on an out-of-the-gates Day 4 vote on Mafia, particularly when ash immediately then put the issue more or less to bed. But it's worth noting.

Was the Mafia/unique name comparison your immediate thought when seeing MiX's flip, or did you spend time thinking about it during that Night?

I saw MiX flip purple and thought "Serial Killer", yeah it's recently been used for another faction recently but that's the standard use for it. The mafia/unique name thing was something that I thought up today, when considering how possible it was that you and didds are partners and taking everyone for a ride (I came up with the answer "not likely")
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 12, 2020, 07:12:19 pm »

I saw MiX flip purple and thought "Serial Killer", yeah it's recently been used for another faction recently but that's the standard use for it.

Is it really? In my mind a second scum team is purple and a Serial Killer is orange. What's the standard colour for a second scum team?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 12, 2020, 07:22:03 pm »

I saw MiX flip purple and thought "Serial Killer", yeah it's recently been used for another faction recently but that's the standard use for it.

Is it really? In my mind a second scum team is purple and a Serial Killer is orange. What's the standard colour for a second scum team?

interesting. usually another scumteam is orange and sk is purple

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 12, 2020, 09:01:32 pm »

If the mods don't mind, I'll use my super-mod powers to change the subject line of the game to match the day.

Also, I've been reading along, but haven't had much to say.  I appreciate Jimmmm's look into ADK.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: April 12, 2020, 09:59:09 pm »

One thing I can say about Jim’s questions for ADK, is that they have answered all of my questions and provided explanation in our district qt. So, although they’re kind of cagey in the game, they have been forthcoming there.

Also, ADK alluded to the other part of their role, and I think the decision not to share that has helped town.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 13, 2020, 01:57:41 am »

If the mods don't mind, I'll use my super-mod powers to change the subject line of the game to match the day.

As far as I am concerned you are always welcome. I have gone ahead and updated it for now though. Thanks for the reminder.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 13, 2020, 02:00:43 am »

Vote Count 4.3:
ADK (2): E!, LaLight
Ashersky (1): ADK
Not Voting (4): WCD, Jimmm, Ashersky, Lekkit

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 4 ends on April 15th at 11:00pm Forum Time. That is in less than 3 days.
real good. That’s how

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 13, 2020, 03:19:30 am »

I guess I want to ask:

WCD -- are you leaning town on ADK?  Based on your last post, it seems that way, but I can't be sure.

Lekkit -- any thoughts to share?

Jimmmm -- decided?

No one (including me) has any taste for an LL lynch.  We've covered by WCD is out.

That leaves 2.7, ADK, ashersky, Jimmmm on the table, based on thoughts and statements, yes?

I have a feeling that within the four, we would all vote for the other three.  If that's true, all three are at a theoretical L-1.  Now, we all have preferences, but even taking that into account, it's most likely that we all are at least L-2, yes?

Two of LL, Lekkit, WCD can decide the lynch, most likely.  LL is the only one voting from that group.

Those are just thoughts based on looking at the vote count.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 13, 2020, 03:37:51 am »

I guess I want to ask:

WCD -- are you leaning town on ADK?  Based on your last post, it seems that way, but I can't be sure.

Lekkit -- any thoughts to share?

Jimmmm -- decided?

No one (including me) has any taste for an LL lynch.  We've covered by WCD is out.

That leaves 2.7, ADK, ashersky, Jimmmm on the table, based on thoughts and statements, yes?

I have a feeling that within the four, we would all vote for the other three.  If that's true, all three are at a theoretical L-1.  Now, we all have preferences, but even taking that into account, it's most likely that we all are at least L-2, yes?

Two of LL, Lekkit, WCD can decide the lynch, most likely.  LL is the only one voting from that group.

Those are just thoughts based on looking at the vote count.

Yeah, basically agree except I think taking jimmmm out. I can see how I could be still in the Lynch pool.

At this point I am ready for another flip.

Flippity flip flop flip.

Let's vote people!!!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87  All

Page created in 2.352 seconds with 20 queries.