Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226322 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1250 on: April 22, 2020, 08:05:16 am »

But how did you know galz wasn't scum?

It was a read.

It’s what I do, it’s not an exact science. I can just read people’s minds.

Don’t believe me? Lynch EFHW and you will see the truth.

What if you are picking up on my unconscious guilt and mistaking it for scumminess?

Have you become increasingly guilty between the games we have played together?

Because the guilt levels must be off the charts now.

Mind reading is a very inexact science.  And I can't respond to your accusations in any meaningful way if that's all you have to go on.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 22, 2020, 08:09:11 am »

It was a read.

What if you are picking up on my unconscious guilt and mistaking it for scumminess?

Mind reading is a very inexact science.  And I can't respond to your accusations in any meaningful way if that's all you have to go on.

Exactly, which makes it the perfect case. It’s foolproof. There is no counter.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 22, 2020, 08:44:16 am »

1. 2.7
2. MiX
3. LaLight -> 15. SpaceAnemone
4. WCD
5. cayvie
6. Galzria
7. faust
8. EFHW
9. Datswan
10. uncleeurope
11. pubby
12. shraeye
13. skip wooznum
14. mail-mi

So are we looking for more maroon scum or orange scum or another scum?

I think another orange scum makes the most sense.
I don't think didds flipped scum. Her color was maroon, the default color for ash's mod posts. Also her flavor name is towny. It seems like she just didn't flip.

Good point.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 22, 2020, 08:45:53 am »

It was a read.

Those are the best types of cases.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 22, 2020, 09:26:53 am »

Those are the best types of cases.

grrrr

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 22, 2020, 10:34:07 am »

Cayvie claimed Alien.

thats it?

also education info - probably time for some of that
No, I don't think it is.
I can concur with skip here

so you are both aware of the same information?

I mean, Im pretty sure.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 22, 2020, 10:39:17 am »

I think Faust may be our last orange scum. I can totally see him and Galz planning a fake fight for yesterday.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 22, 2020, 10:48:02 am »

I think Faust may be our last orange scum. I can totally see him and Galz planning a fake fight for yesterday.
I mean, not that it's beyond scum!me to plan a fight with a partner, but I like to think that scum!me can come up with a fakeclaim that doesn't crumble that easily. I think the claim wasn't planned during N1, or it would have been better.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 22, 2020, 10:53:39 am »

I mean, not that it's beyond scum!me to plan a fight with a partner, but I like to think that scum!me can come up with a fakeclaim that doesn't crumble that easily. I think the claim wasn't planned during N1, or it would have been better.
Even if it wasn't planned, I can still see you turning on partner Galz like that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 22, 2020, 11:15:23 am »

Even if it wasn't planned, I can still see you turning on partner Galz like that.
Have you looked at the faust-cayvie interactions?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: April 22, 2020, 11:25:58 am »

Have you looked at the faust-cayvie interactions?

No, not yet, I'm only commenting on faust-galz right now. Haven't gotten the chance to look that over yet.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 22, 2020, 11:47:52 am »

I mean, I wonder if there is no red faction here.

Like, is yellow out only threat.
That would not be that case though. Who killed cayvie?

Maybe Cayvie did?

like, sure, i'll just claim this part: one of my powers is a 1-shot vig. nice, right? except it only kills the person 25% of the time, and sometimes my gun reloads? oh and i'm also warned that guns are dangerous and i might accidentally shoot myself. so that's neat. oh, also, it's 75% "loud", which means that even if the person doesn't die, they know i tried to shoot them.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 22, 2020, 11:51:40 am »

I mean, I wonder if there is no red faction here.

Like, is yellow out only threat.
That would not be that case though. Who killed cayvie?

Maybe Cayvie did?

like, sure, i'll just claim this part: one of my powers is a 1-shot vig. nice, right? except it only kills the person 25% of the time, and sometimes my gun reloads? oh and i'm also warned that guns are dangerous and i might accidentally shoot myself. so that's neat. oh, also, it's 75% "loud", which means that even if the person doesn't die, they know i tried to shoot them.
Considering that cayvie flipped scum, I have certain reservations about taking that claim at face value.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 22, 2020, 12:01:48 pm »

Also, not being dead is great. I need to be on some wagons today so you guys get better POE later on.

What's the big case on EFHW? I find it interesting that she's somoene that both our flipped Delusional Humanists were voting for quite a lot in D2. Other than that, Galz and Cayvie weren't really seeming to coordinate on votes other than a bit of D1 distancing and then both being on the MiX wagon for a bit.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 22, 2020, 12:05:18 pm »

Considering that cayvie flipped scum, I have certain reservations about taking that claim at face value.

I think the fakeclaim must have been constructed partly in response to the actual role though. I assume she'd have wanted to cover against possible investigative actions that could out pieces of her role that would sound incriminating, like having a gun...

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 22, 2020, 01:11:44 pm »

The part cayvie claimed about a 25% kill rate was almost certainly a lie, as she's now 2 for 2.

The part about shooting herself was also probably a lie, because as scum that's an extremely weak gun to have.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 22, 2020, 01:45:22 pm »

The part cayvie claimed about a 25% kill rate was almost certainly a lie, as she's now 2 for 2.

The part about shooting herself was also probably a lie, because as scum that's an extremely weak gun to have.
The part about potentially being Loud seems like cover though. I guess it doesn't matter too much. Also since cayvie and Galzria flipped with the same role, I expect that faction's powers to all be factional.

Not sure whether it matters since there's a good chance they're all dead.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 22, 2020, 02:58:16 pm »

Although, maybe not?

if we count space as always having been in, which very much seems like the design...

15 players = 5 scum?

might be high.
first off Space could of been built into LL's role like faust said. But who knows for real.
Second... Galz and Cayvie could actually of been an off brand survivor type role. We have no way of knowing.
... But if they were actually survivor ish, and Space was part of LL's role...
That is 14 - 2 non-ish alignments = 12 other players.... Its an RMM so who the hell knows but I think it is more like 3 skum... maybe maybe maybe 4. Like 2xRED and 1x SK or 3XRED or some variant of that.

So yeah... essentially I think we are looking for another color here.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 22, 2020, 03:01:08 pm »

also the only issue with Cayvie being killed by whatever the skum faction(s) are.... they were just "killed" not "shot and killed". As that seems to be an important modifier in the texts of flips... IDK just kind of pointing it out.

Someone like a page back brought up the idea of RED looking at cayvie and killing there and ect ect... which I agreed with. Except for they were not "shot". Which is weird.
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 22, 2020, 03:07:17 pm »

Although, maybe not?

if we count space as always having been in, which very much seems like the design...

15 players = 5 scum?

might be high.
first off Space could of been built into LL's role like faust said. But who knows for real.
Second... Galz and Cayvie could actually of been an off brand survivor type role. We have no way of knowing.
That is 14 - 2 non-ish alignments = 12 other players.... Its an RMM so who the hell knows but I think it is more like 3 skum... maybe maybe maybe 4. Like 2xRED and 1x SK or 3XRED or some variant of that.

Do you think we're looking for another partner for Galz and cayvie at all?

That's where I'm going to look at least for now, because that's one scum faction we know exists. They could have killed MiX and WCD, and we have an SK that's rampaging around or something that killed LL and cayvie.

and my current top candidate for their partner is faust, based on interactions with galz. EFHW is up there on the scumminess radar, but not necessarily as a partner to cayvie/galz.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 22, 2020, 04:07:25 pm »

Although, maybe not?

15 players = 5 scum?

might be high.

Do you think we're looking for another partner for Galz and cayvie at all?

That's where I'm going to look at least for now, because that's one scum faction we know exists. They could have killed MiX and WCD, and we have an SK that's rampaging around or something that killed LL and cayvie.

and my current top candidate for their partner is faust, based on interactions with galz. EFHW is up there on the scumminess radar, but not necessarily as a partner to cayvie/galz.

k I am fine with splitting work with you, I can look at it my way and you can your way and we can compare notes or whatever.

But 2 distinctions of differences in our POVs from what I can see..

1) Could be Survivors still - I am absolutely not sold that they were a form of skum. I mean, I suppose I lean that way, but I am at the like let's say 70% certainty level, not 100%. While I do not know what the explanations are, there could be a world in which we could explain kills here without them being a part of the equation.

2) faust and Galz  fight - They are absolutely capable of putting on a show like that. In fact, if they are skum together, they probably would go out of their way to do it because they always but heads when they are town/town or town/skum anyways. That being said.... I got pretty genuine vibes off of there back and forth.

3) Kill Selection - Additionally, if they are a team, then cayvie was part of that team too. Cayvie died... and they shot... WCD? I don't get that one. There were a lot of people that were willing to go for Didds yesterday, and while Galz flipping that color would not be great.... they also did not know Cayvie was gonna flip. So selling that flip as survivor and "galz was telling the truth" is not hard - which would then lead to Didds as an easy set up wagon. I would think if they were a skum team of 3 they would be more inclined to aim at like you/Skip for example.

Either way - I am gonna look at it as a "searching for Red Team" and I will get back in a bit.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 22, 2020, 04:11:29 pm »

3) Kill Selection - Additionally, if they are a team, then cayvie was part of that team too. Cayvie died... and they shot... WCD? I don't get that one. There were a lot of people that were willing to go for Didds yesterday, and while Galz flipping that color would not be great.... they also did not know Cayvie was gonna flip. So selling that flip as survivor and "galz was telling the truth" is not hard - which would then lead to Didds as an easy set up wagon. I would think if they were a skum team of 3 they would be more inclined to aim at like you/Skip for example.
I mean - that one isn't hard to figure out. Didds flipped Alien, presumably they learned that she was an Alien somehow and they need to kill the Aliens.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 22, 2020, 04:15:27 pm »

1) Could be Survivors still - I am absolutely not sold that they were a form of skum. I mean, I suppose I lean that way, but I am at the like let's say 70% certainty level, not 100%. While I do not know what the explanations are, there could be a world in which we could explain kills here without them being a part of the equation.

2) faust and Galz  fight - They are absolutely capable of putting on a show like that. In fact, if they are skum together, they probably would go out of their way to do it because they always but heads when they are town/town or town/skum anyways. That being said.... I got pretty genuine vibes off of there back and forth.

Either way - I am gonna look at it as a "searching for Red Team" and I will get back in a bit.

1) I'm not discounting the fact that they could be survivors--except here's the thing. Like shraeye kept saying, Galz's described role was only Survivor-esque. I presume their wincon to be something like "if one member of the faction is alive and all Aliens are dead, you win" so basically anti-alien scum.

2) I can see it either way. I lean more toward faked, now that I know Galz was lying about at least part of his role.

3) The orange team was probably looking for red-team Aliens. Galz had such a strong read on WCD that cayvie probably agreed with, and cayvie shot her looking for red!Aliens. pretty simple explanation.

PPE: what Faust said.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 22, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »

I mean - that one isn't hard to figure out. Didds flipped Alien, presumably they learned that she was an Alien somehow and they need to kill the Aliens.

Galz being an Alien cop and Cayvie being the Alien hunter is my current thought.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 22, 2020, 05:02:12 pm »

ok I will give you that all of that checks out fairly well.
That would explain the weak af case galz made. My theory at the time was he would never make it as skum because it was such BS... but if he thought there was a chance he claims and gets WCD lynched and then they flip as skum... yeah that would of worked fairly heavy in their favor.

They still don't technically NEED to of had the ability to kill... but I can see how that could be factored in and make sense.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.