Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 223634 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: April 05, 2020, 12:31:42 pm »

Sorry all, had a busy day yesterday and the same today. Will be able to get into this more tomorrow and before deadline.

Still happy with my MiX vote, could see myself moving to cayvie for a lynch, don't really want to vote EFHW or pubby but would do it if necessary.
Yep yep, let's lynch the active players so that Day 2 becomes even more of a slog than today!

Is that even possible??

Are you voting pubby?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 05, 2020, 01:08:31 pm »

Sorry all, had a busy day yesterday and the same today. Will be able to get into this more tomorrow and before deadline.

Still happy with my MiX vote, could see myself moving to cayvie for a lynch, don't really want to vote EFHW or pubby but would do it if necessary.
Yep yep, let's lynch the active players so that Day 2 becomes even more of a slog than today!

Is that even possible??

Are you voting pubby?
No, I'm voting EFHW.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 05, 2020, 02:03:53 pm »

Yeah, you do that while I see how far your wagon goes. I have to say it's been great so far so I don't wanna back down, and it's keeping my options open which is amazing.

What options are being kept open and how? You are the only one on the cayvie wagon. How is that great? Why are you so happy being at L-2?

Wait, really? checks wagons oh yeah!

Vote: EFHW

You still haven't explained your jubilation.  I'm pursuing this because it has a "haha you can't lynch me" kind of feel to it that makes me want to vote for you.

I could vote for you, pubby or Swan. It's great because I have a looot of scumreads when before I only had cayvie, so it's been helpful. I'm not happy I'm at L-2, I'm happy that I'm not at L-1.

what's your Swan thinking?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 05, 2020, 02:11:11 pm »

Maybe the thing I quoted when I voted for cayvie, Swan. Maybe it was that.

For mail-mi, it's the combination of things that cayvie would do as town but isn't doing this game that is making me vote for her. They're too many for her to be town in my opinion.

So you just needed galz to point it out? That's my hang up. The thing you quoted is referencing the oversight that cayvie made quite some time previously. Did you not catch it then?

After this post, I answered his question, and he never said anything again. Notably, his vote is still on me. I didn't like the reasoning to vote me nor his meh defense of you, and he has quite literally done nothing to change my opinion since then. It's not as strong of a scumread as the one I had on you.

Also, I should definitely be rereading you to see if you're town or scum. I believe the wagon on you and everything around it makes it possible to solve your alignment, I'd just have to dig in and see if that's true.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 05, 2020, 02:14:51 pm »

I was simply commenting on the current wagons.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 05, 2020, 02:17:56 pm »

this day has been so weird, i'm gonna vote: DatSwan. i really don't like how he misrepresented galz's case against me. it was a better case than that! not a correct one, sure, but a pretty good day 1 case, all things considered.

i mean maybe it's just that galz is fairly unusual in that he had significant experience playing with me in the olden days, so i actually give some credence to his thoughts on "how cayvie plays".

but it's weird how swan dismisses galz like that. actually it's not weird--it's buddying.

did you not see the slew of questions I directed at galz followed by the I would like some answers post? I am def not buddying galz - if anything I am buddying you.

My current options to choose between, based on cases I can cultivate without being ridiculous or just isolating lurkers, consist of:

1. Eddie - tried, still would like it, but nothing has happened to build upon it. So I looked to contribute elsewhere
2. You/Cayvie - Which as I pointed out multiple times, the cases that are being made I do not like. Therefore, I am suspicious of Galz (thus the mini-interrogation) and I am suspicious of MiX (thus the vote).
3. MiX - See the wall post.

I am re reading that and it comes of as sarcastic, but it is not meant to. I am just trying to clarify that you actually are getting the facts of what is happening straight here.

did a reread of DatSwan and realized i had just missed this post entirely the first time through.

yes, when i called your behavior buddying, i did specifically mean to accuse you of buddying me. glad we are in agreement there :)
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2020, 02:47:56 pm »

Also, hi, LaLight! I just added you to my list of potential scum candidates!

That’s what you get for disagreeing with me.

you are on my list as well, nice to meet you
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 05, 2020, 03:33:05 pm »

Also, hi, LaLight! I just added you to my list of potential scum candidates!

That’s what you get for disagreeing with me.

you are on my list as well, nice to meet you

god you're not lurking but i literally forgot you were in this game

vote: LaLight

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 05, 2020, 06:05:23 pm »

Yeah, you do that while I see how far your wagon goes. I have to say it's been great so far so I don't wanna back down, and it's keeping my options open which is amazing.

What options are being kept open and how? You are the only one on the cayvie wagon. How is that great? Why are you so happy being at L-2?

Wait, really? checks wagons oh yeah!

Vote: EFHW

You still haven't explained your jubilation.  I'm pursuing this because it has a "haha you can't lynch me" kind of feel to it that makes me want to vote for you.

I could vote for you, pubby or Swan. It's great because I have a looot of scumreads when before I only had cayvie, so it's been helpful. I'm not happy I'm at L-2, I'm happy that I'm not at L-1.

what's your Swan thinking?

Complete honesty I am catching up now, but I am gonna need the rest of the day to catch up and process. I am extremely behind - had some IRL stuff come up with work and I have like no clue wtf is happening in the game since the last time I posted. Bear with me for a few hours.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 05, 2020, 07:03:27 pm »

Chronological notes on how I got to where I am at now. You can skip them and read the bottom part.

Vote Count 1.6:

cayvie (3): pubby, WCD, MiX
uncle (2): skip, LaLight
MiX (5): mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, faust
EFHW (1): uncle
WCD (1): EFHW
DatSwan (1): cayvie

Not Voting (1): 2.7
•   LaLight puts MiX at L2 – meh. Eddie wagon died, if they want to contribute at this point they had to pick between Cayvie or MiX… or like try another new 1 person wagon. Not the worst. I would say based on the timing it would be unlikely for them to be a pair though. So… LL/MiX no go, but if MiX Town then down the road would remember this as possible Cayvie/LL… except right now I think Cayvie is Town… so yeah it is suspiciously timed, but that is it really.
•   Pubby puts MiX at L1 – Same point as MiX/LL. Would lean against Pubby/MiX, same reason as above with LL, and oddly I actually feel like it can’t be cayvie/pubby either because that is just too suspicious. So def a weird vote… but again idk as of yet how it makes me feel.
•   Eddie defends MiX – wants EFHW or Pubby
•   Cayvie doesn’t like Pubby’s vote – votes for Pubby
•   MiX low key hints at having info on Eddie? Says they won’t claim. Which is fine.
•   Skip goes to pubby from eddie.
•   EFHW and WCD ask Galz again for MiX reason
•   Mix wants Swan, EFHW, Pubby lynch

So right after the L1, we end up here… still pubby at L1
Vote Count 1.7:

cayvie (2): WCD, MiX
MiX (7): mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, faust, LaLight, pubby
EFHW (1): uncle
pubby (2): cayvie, skip

•   So with the vote moves, all of them were not on MiX and none of them went to MiX.
•   Faust is first to get off the wagon, which is nai honestly at this point, and goes with EFHW.
•   Cayvie not leaving pubby
•   WCD moves from cayvie to EFHW. These too are weird ish I guess. Could be team like things to look at in later days if there are flips among pubby/Cayvie/WCD/EFHW.
•   Mix goes to EFHW
That all gets us here:
Vote Count 1.8:

MiX (6): mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, LaLight, pubby
EFHW (4): uncle, faust, WCD, MiX
pubby (2): cayvie, skip

*So far I am torn. I really liked my MiX case. But either… it is Skum!MiX and none of his buddies were on wagon and so they all went elsewhere, or it is Town!MiX and lots of skum was already on the wagon? So nothing I guess to take away, it is too early to put much merit into VCA*

•   Cayvie and Skip both post same lynch list of Pubby/EFHW/MiX/WCD. I do not know how that makes me feel. I hate seeing back to back coinciding lists like that because it makes me suspicious, but also it is just kind of Day 1 “here are the options”.
•   E! catches up and goes for Cayvie
•   E! defends EFHW
•   MailMi wants to stay on MiX – but NOW is ok possibly moving to Cayvie. Does not want EFHW.
•   MiX doesn’t like I didn’t respond (sorry, I didn’t respond to anything I was AFK for 2-3 days).
•   And then Cayvie votes for LaLight.

Where does all that put me? I got no idea. Breaking it down:
1)   MiX wasn’t hammered. That actually means nothing. Even if he is skum, a non-hammer is kind of to be expected this early in the game. So there is no real case for like “defense” at this point. I still am getting skummy vibes, but they have done a good job at defending themselves, so my read, both because of that and vote movement, is lessening my skum read I guess.
2)   I kind of don’t get or agree with cases other people have made on Cayvie or EFHW, so I do not see myself going there.
3)   I could see a pubby vote if it is needed.

All of that being said - I have now gone and looked at MiX's response to my comment that they mentioned. For MiX, in my experience, honing in on little things early game like "pessimismvsoptomism" and one liners and things like that is in fact a town trait for them. I do NOT agree with their points on Cayvie, but the points they are making I have seen them make several times (or similar points) as town. As skum they are normally more organized. Also, the reaction at L-1 is NOT a way that I would expect Skum!MiX.

I am not a fan of the EFHW or WCD cases at all. And while it isn't the best, I guess my next would be the pubby wagon in terms of choices. So that is where I will go for now.

Vote: Pubby
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 05, 2020, 07:07:38 pm »

i will say that when skip and i posted our lynch lists of the same four people, it was because those four were the only ones with votes at the moment, not because i thought they were the top 4 scum candidates.

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 05, 2020, 08:30:47 pm »

All of that being said - I have now gone and looked at MiX's response to my comment that they mentioned. For MiX, in my experience, honing in on little things early game like "pessimismvsoptomism" and one liners and things like that is in fact a town trait for them. I do NOT agree with their points on Cayvie, but the points they are making I have seen them make several times (or similar points) as town. As skum they are normally more organized. Also, the reaction at L-1 is NOT a way that I would expect Skum!MiX.

Ok, so mix is no longer scummy, because honing in on things is  a towntrait and they have made similar cases to their cayvie-case as town.

Was mix NOT honing in on things when you voted him? Was he making different cayvie-casea back then?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 05, 2020, 09:04:23 pm »

I’ve got kid stuff tonight and in the morning, but have some time tomorrow to reread and see what’s up. Sorry for the MIA
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 05, 2020, 09:07:44 pm »

If we ever needed proof that the world has changed forever, one just needs to turn on the television.  As humans rebuilt society, a way to share information, entertain, and bring normalcy was prioritized.  No one expected that a lasting remnant of the invasion would be intermittent alien broadcasts interfering with the signals...

今日の終わりまで四八時間もありません。注意してください。

Eventually, it just faded into the background for most of us.  But not everyone is so strong.

—Diary Entry, a day during a cold summer, some time after the defeat of the Espheni

Vote Count 1.9:

MiX (5): mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, LaLight, pubby
pubby (2): skip, DatSwan
cayvie (1): 2.7
LaLight (1): cayvie

Not Voting (0):

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday, April 7 at 10:00 a.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 05, 2020, 09:18:45 pm »

If we ever needed proof that the world has changed forever, one just needs to turn on the television.  As humans rebuilt society, a way to share information, entertain, and bring normalcy was prioritized.  No one expected that a lasting remnant of the invasion would be intermittent alien broadcasts interfering with the signals...

Eventually, it just faded into the background for most of us.  But not everyone is so strong.

—Diary Entry, a day during a cold summer, some time after the defeat of the Espheni

Vote Count 1.9:

Not Voting (0):

according to google translate, the alien broadcast tells us there's 48 hours left in the day and to please be careful. which is interesting because it's closer to 36 hours, right?

is the implication that the aliens are the ones running this game and forcing us to kill each other? i feel like this might be one of those pay-attention-to-the-flavor games where there's setup hints in there.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2020, 09:26:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.9:

Not Voting (0):

according to google translate, the alien broadcast tells us there's 48 hours left in the day and to please be careful. which is interesting because it's closer to 36 hours, right?

is the implication that the aliens are the ones running this game and forcing us to kill each other? i feel like this might be one of those pay-attention-to-the-flavor games where there's setup hints in there.

It has a delay, so it's far away. This means they aren't in here, which I presume is Earth. But I have no idea what alien race oh no it's the Dornia isn't it. Well that doesn't make sense, but I'd have to do more research into the flavor.

I believe this is a better discussion tomorrow.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 05, 2020, 09:32:45 pm »

Pubby is town.

Let’s just kill EFHW and be done with it.

The fact that given the option of EFHW and anyone else, people will always avoid EFHW makes me unsettled.

Let’s just lynch EFHW and move on.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2020, 09:33:33 pm »

Also, since the primary case you guys are using for Pubby’s guilt is the only thing I find towny about him, I think the wagon is misguided.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2020, 09:41:57 pm »

Pubby is town.

The fact that given the option of EFHW and anyone else, people will always avoid EFHW makes me unsettled.

you do seem right about that second sentence. i'm down. vote: EFHW

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 05, 2020, 09:42:58 pm »

er, that third sentence. i ignored the "pubby is town" sentence because i didn't like it.

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 05, 2020, 09:44:45 pm »

Pubby is town.

Ah, so everyone is EFHW's scum partner?

Flippancy aside, I see what you're saying but I don't think it makes her scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 05, 2020, 09:50:46 pm »

fine, vote: EFHW
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 05, 2020, 10:57:10 pm »

Pubby is town.
What changed since when you said he was one of your top lynch candidates?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 05, 2020, 10:59:31 pm »

Really? To me it seems like the opposite. People are avoiding pubby. Which people do you mean?

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 06, 2020, 12:59:58 am »

EFHW (4): uncle, faust, WCD, MiX, cayvie, LaLight
wow it's all the scummiest people on one wagon.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.443 seconds with 20 queries.