Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 223638 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2020, 12:34:56 pm »

I'm not trying to reward lurking, I'm commenting on the scumminess of the people that have wagons. Pubby is always lurky, that's a nulltell. And I don't think EFHW is scummy like everyone else is thinking. Id rather lunch scum than lurking town, personally.

The two bolded statements contradict each other tbh.

And anyway, good thing the case against pubby wasn't just "he's lurking".

Yeah, I can go for a vote: mail-mi

they don't contradict each other. smh.

The intent of voting, creating wagons, etc. for me is to lynch scum. Pubby is lurking != pubby is scum. I have also not seen anything in pubby's play that points toward him being scum rather than just pubby. Thus, pubby is not a top priority lynch for me.

if someone is allowed to lurk without being voted for, that encourages them to lurk as scum. you are rewarding lurking, literally, with a non-vote.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2020, 12:41:15 pm »

I'm not trying to reward lurking, I'm commenting on the scumminess of the people that have wagons. Pubby is always lurky, that's a nulltell. And I don't think EFHW is scummy like everyone else is thinking. Id rather lunch scum than lurking town, personally.

they don't contradict each other. smh.

The intent of voting, creating wagons, etc. for me is to lynch scum. Pubby is lurking != pubby is scum. I have also not seen anything in pubby's play that points toward him being scum rather than just pubby. Thus, pubby is not a top priority lynch for me.

if someone is allowed to lurk without being voted for, that encourages them to lurk as scum. you are rewarding lurking, literally, with a non-vote.

I'm not playing for future games, I'm playing for this game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2020, 01:04:17 pm »

No they don't contradict

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2020, 01:05:00 pm »

So we're back to LALL?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2020, 01:05:23 pm »

Could just lynch MiX, it is Monday after all.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2020, 01:08:49 pm »

Could just lynch MiX, it is Monday after all.

I would prefer to lynch Scum.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2020, 01:22:58 pm »

No they don't contradict

grrrrr
*stomps feet*
*spins around in circle like rumpelstiltskin*
removing a disincentive for a behavior reinforces that behavior

and i'm not even arguing LALL (though i would happily lynch pubby)
but not lynching lurkers absolutely rewards lurking, how is this even a debate

and as a draggy game is good for scum, not lynching scum!lurkers doubly rewards scum!lurking.

whatever.

i'm voting mail-mi because i already made the argument to him that the case against pubby was not simply lurking, and he's continuing to characterize it as such

Unfortunately, the very few posts with Jordan Content 0 (just learned about that in my analysis class, seems to fit the situation) doesn't make pubby scum. He lurks hardcore as scum and town.

that's not just lurking though. it's bringing up a subject, and then not having anything to say about that subject. he brought up faust, and then turned out not to have anything to say about faust. it's not just lurking, it's faking participation.

18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2020, 01:36:17 pm »

I am 100% delighted at the image of spinning like rumplestilskin

I can feel Cayvie's frustration in a real and present way, too
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2020, 01:37:13 pm »

Speaking of lurking, where is Galz? I forgot he was playing until Swan mentioned him.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2020, 01:38:24 pm »

i'm voting mail-mi because i already made the argument to him that the case against pubby was not simply lurking, and he's continuing to characterize it as such

Unfortunately, the very few posts with Jordan Content 0 (just learned about that in my analysis class, seems to fit the situation) doesn't make pubby scum. He lurks hardcore as scum and town.

that's not just lurking though. it's bringing up a subject, and then not having anything to say about that subject. he brought up faust, and then turned out not to have anything to say about faust. it's not just lurking, it's faking participation.

The case against pubby is lurking + this "faking participation." I see that and acknowledge it, that is why I am willing to jump on pubby should it be needed for the lynch, because he is doing more than just lurking. However, I think we have a higher chance of hitting scum in MiX, and so I will leave my vote there.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 06, 2020, 01:54:21 pm »

So, MiX, were you sincere in your scumreading of cayvie?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 06, 2020, 02:47:30 pm »

So we're back to LALL?

Wrong game!

No they don't contradict

grrrrr
*stomps feet*
*spins around in circle like rumpelstiltskin*
removing a disincentive for a behavior reinforces that behavior

and i'm not even arguing LALL (though i would happily lynch pubby)
but not lynching lurkers absolutely rewards lurking, how is this even a debate

and as a draggy game is good for scum, not lynching scum!lurkers doubly rewards scum!lurking.

whatever.

Do you think pubby is scum?

Also, acknowledging that pubby lurking is a null tell is not rewarding lurking, voting someone doesn't reward everyone else for everything they're doing.

The case against pubby is lurking + this "faking participation." I see that and acknowledge it, that is why I am willing to jump on pubby should it be needed for the lynch, because he is doing more than just lurking. However, I think we have a higher chance of hitting scum in MiX, and so I will leave my vote there.

If you were town you would know I'm town by now. I know this because I'm town and after much unbiased deliberation I have come to the conclusion that I am town.

So, MiX, were you sincere in your scumreading of cayvie?

Yes? I still am, but that wagon is indeed as hard as I imagined so I don't see a point in pushing it today anymore, not without a fabulous day 1 case.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 06, 2020, 02:55:09 pm »

If you were town you would know I'm town by now. I know this because I'm town and after much unbiased deliberation I have come to the conclusion that I am town.

Ah, so all of mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, LaLight, pubby are scum, so we have a 5 person scumteam in a 14 player game, and all of us have decided to target-lynch you? Plus cayvie and WCD, who have scumread you at some point.

makes sense.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 06, 2020, 02:56:48 pm »

Ah, so all of mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, LaLight, pubby are scum, so we have a 5 person scumteam in a 14 player game, and all of us have decided to target-lynch you? Plus cayvie and WCD, who have scumread you at some point.

makes sense.

Well, cayvie and Didds have found out I'm town. pubby's weird and won't move back his vote even if he thought I was town. Galzria isn't here in a while, so maybe he wasn't read enough to find me town. So it's you, shraeye and LaLight! Gotcha.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 06, 2020, 02:59:27 pm »

Maybe we can all compromise with the lynch of an acti-lurker. Even though she cheers us up and makes everyone feel welcome, I have to say Didds' participation so far does look like acti-lurking to me. There are 38 posts. 8 or so move the game forward, imo, including two sheepy votes - on cayvie and me. I have a more detailed breakdown but didn't want to be obnoxious. She asks Galz to show up 5 times!

vote: Didds

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 06, 2020, 03:09:20 pm »

LALL?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 06, 2020, 03:12:32 pm »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 06, 2020, 03:22:57 pm »

Maybe we can all compromise with the lynch of an acti-lurker. Even though she cheers us up and makes everyone feel welcome, I have to say Didds' participation so far does look like acti-lurking to me. There are 38 posts. 8 or so move the game forward, imo, including two sheepy votes - on cayvie and me. I have a more detailed breakdown but didn't want to be obnoxious. She asks Galz to show up 5 times!

vote: Didds

i might be persuaded. would be willing to put a vote there if it brings a lynch.

I think my lynch order goes MiX >>>>> pubby/WCD > cayvie > EFHW.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 06, 2020, 03:46:31 pm »

She asks Galz to show up 5 times!
To be fair, I totally get that sentiment. Galz tends to completely disappear for days on end. It is extremely annoying.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 06, 2020, 04:13:24 pm »

LALL?

Lynch all lurkers, literally

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 06, 2020, 04:18:50 pm »

I have now reread pubby.

Vote: pubby

There's actually no case other than continuing to vote for me isn't really doing much at this point except making me an option for a real lynch, and at this point I actually care if pubby's reads are right. They're not, so he gets a vote.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 06, 2020, 05:31:43 pm »

If we are going to lynch a lurker, Galz is the luckiest of the bunch.

I apologize for being scare. Two games and the swift switch to online teaching have kicked my ass a little bit. But if not being as available as we had hoped is full on scummy, I’m not at the top of that list.

I’m inclined to move to pubby, although I think EFHW is still a good choice. Anyone know where we are at vote count wise? I know deadline is in the morning.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:23 pm »

J think maybe this is where we’re at? Sheesh...that’s an ugly spread

MiX (4): mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, pubby
EFHW (3): uncle, WCD, LaLight
WCD (1): EFHW
pubby (3): skip, DatSwan, MiX
cayvie (1): 2.7
Mail-mi (2): faust, cayvie

Not Voting (0):

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday, April 7 at 10:00 a.m.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 06, 2020, 05:41:33 pm »

Why is it an ugly spread?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 06, 2020, 05:44:15 pm »

In the interest of consolidation...

My list for lynch preference would be
1. EFHW (knowing my towniness makes me find her suspicious, but I’m the only one who knows that for sure so I get it. But I’m not scum so I don’t think I’m being scummy!)
2. Galzria (there is being busy and then there’s this. We we want to lynch lurkers, here’s the most productive place)
3. Mail-mi
4. Pubby (seems typical pubby to me, but that includes scum pubby)
5. Cayvie
6. Mix

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 19 queries.