Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 223552 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2020, 03:21:16 am »

Aha so I actually just thought of a way that the softclaim could be scummy, but it's pretty remote. Could you explain why you think it deserves a vote?
Because other people went ahead and partial/softclaimed, and Didds seemed willing to join that crowd for the towncred.

Also, she hasn't revealed anything beyond her role not being super powerful, so all the claim does is help scum. There is nothing in there to hold her accountable when she does claim later on.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2020, 03:30:08 am »

Aha so I actually just thought of a way that the softclaim could be scummy, but it's pretty remote. Could you explain why you think it deserves a vote?
Because other people went ahead and partial/softclaimed, and Didds seemed willing to join that crowd for the towncred.

Also, she hasn't revealed anything beyond her role not being super powerful, so all the claim does is help scum. There is nothing in there to hold her accountable when she does claim later on.
Alright.
I thought the "complicated and lots of moving parts" part was a semi-concrete thing that any later claim would have to fit with. Moving parts that make sense with the rest of the setup and are therefore believable are hard to fake, or at least that was my thought.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2020, 04:00:51 am »

vote: cayvie
vote: pubby

This is pretty much where I’m at. Pubby and Faust both seem a bit off, although I can almost guarantee that there is at least one baddie who is defending a “townier” person.

MiX, for example.

Vote: Pubby

how can you have enough info to say pubby seems off? literally all he's said is "is there harnessed children" and an unexplained vote for me.

i guess i've never seen town!pubby, does he post a bunch when he's town? all i see so far is lurking.

Pubby typically plays this game significantly more open.

Faust typically plays this game not voting for people who I town read. (Although I find this to be less significant, hence the vote going the other way)

also also - "one baddie that is defending a townier person"? That implies you at least think mix is skummy yeah? Does that make Skip town by the same merit?

Is the only reason you think mix is skummy so far because they are defending someone?

I think scum are likely to see townieness as townieness just like everyone else, and was just pointing out the lilliehood that a baddie could easily be saying “don’t vote them, they are town!”

Any number of players could fit in that bucket, and not all of them are bad. I chose to poke at MIX because doin so is obligatory. I don’t quite get your point with the Skip thing.

I haven’t played on here in awhile. I forgot the meta was to push a wagon on me day 1 if I am town.

It’s weird how that always seems to happen. I only ever have early wagons as town.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2020, 05:13:15 am »

I already revealed my role but nobody took notice.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2020, 05:40:24 am »

You only have one post with any amount of content. If that is your claim (in some weird roundabout way), then I guess I’m wrong.

You normally are much more blunt about claiming your role.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2020, 09:34:36 am »

No, this is a good reason to vote cayvie. Scumpoints.

This is pretty much where I’m at. Pubby and Faust both seem a bit off, although I can almost guarantee that there is at least one baddie who is defending a “townier” person.

MiX, for example.

No, not really.

Vote: Uncle, who am I defending?

vote: Uncleeurope
I can get behind this

Lol skip's town, have fun being NKd, that's an honor!

Alright.
I thought the "complicated and lots of moving parts" part was a semi-concrete thing that any later claim would have to fit with. Moving parts that make sense with the rest of the setup and are therefore believable are hard to fake, or at least that was my thought.

This except with much less doubt over it's truthfulness than either of you.

I saw it, there's just no reason to point it out.

Also last time you claimed like that you were scum doing some insane fakeclaim.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2020, 09:42:13 am »

Alright.

There is no way for me to win with faust.... it’s just a double bind. Say less and it would fall into the fluffy category (which is totally, and unabashedly me...so, hey, nice to meet you!) or be more concrete and then be scummy. Eddie is “my role is meh”, LL is “my role is boring”, Cayvie is “my role is crazypants”.... but somehow I have most significantly violated faust’s ideas about what kinds of statements are scummy or not.  He doesn’t say why, he just votes for me. There is no interaction. So, my response was/is “Le sigh.”
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2020, 09:48:34 am »

Okay, where is Galzria??

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:53 am »

Okay, where is Galzria??

Gone! Is he in this game? I think Galz kurking here is NAI, besides my vote's in a better place.

Why do you want him here?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2020, 09:53:08 am »

There is no way for me to win with faust.... it’s just a double bind. Say less and it would fall into the fluffy category (which is totally, and unabashedly me...so, hey, nice to meet you!) or be more concrete and then be scummy. Eddie is “my role is meh”, LL is “my role is boring”, Cayvie is “my role is crazypants”.... but somehow I have most significantly violated faust’s ideas about what kinds of statements are scummy or not.  He doesn’t say why, he just votes for me. There is no interaction. So, my response was/is “Le sigh.”
This reads disingenuous to me. First of all, I don't recall ever having scumread you for being "fluffy". Sounds more like something you made up to invalidate my read.

And of course then there's the "uh others have done the same why isn't faust going after them?" routine which completely ignores the fact that the main reason Didds' post was scummy is because she wasn't the first to softclaim.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2020, 09:54:37 am »

This reads disingenuous to me. First of all, I don't recall ever having scumread you for being "fluffy". Sounds more like something you made up to invalidate my read.

And of course then there's the "uh others have done the same why isn't faust going after them?" routine which completely ignores the fact that the main reason Didds' post was scummy is because she wasn't the first to softclaim.

Does Didds not softclaim as town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2020, 09:56:10 am »

Does Didds not softclaim as town?
In that situation? Generally? I don't know, probably depends on her role, but it isn't all that relevant to the discussion.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:13 am »

If this is your argument, what about the softclaim tells you this is more scum!Didds than town!Didds? I can't see it.

Did anyone else help town with their claim?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:12 am »

You didn’t say fluffy, Skip did. It was one of his multiple choice items on the why I was scummy question

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2020, 10:10:49 am »

Okay, where is Galzria??

Gone! Is he in this game? I think Galz kurking here is NAI, besides my vote's in a better place.

Why do you want him here?

I miss him! And we’ve been playing for a couple of days (day and a half?) and could use a good dose of Galzy to mix things up.

Also, hi Eddie! How have you been? You have been missed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2020, 10:13:30 am »

If this is your argument, what about the softclaim tells you this is more scum!Didds than town!Didds? I can't see it.

Did anyone else help town with their claim?
cayvie tried to generate discussion with her claim, I can see that narrative. The other claims weren't that great either, but at the very least being locked into having a "boring" role reduces the amount of crazy claiming someone could do.

Didds's claim was the worst since it came last and did the least to help town. But that doesn't mean that I think all the other claims were super townie.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2020, 12:21:46 pm »

I need to figure out why people are voting since we have some serious votes now.

Sorry, slow start for me getting into this game with the weekend then just a case of the Mondays
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2020, 01:25:33 pm »

No, this is a good reason to vote cayvie. Scumpoints.

MiX, for example.

No, not really.

Vote: Uncle, who am I defending?

I can get behind this

Lol skip's town, have fun being NKd, that's an honor!

Alright.

This except with much less doubt over it's truthfulness than either of you.

I saw it, there's just no reason to point it out.

Also last time you claimed like that you were scum doing some insane fakeclaim.

You cant claim you aren’t defending someone and then immediately claim someone is for sure Town in the next line. Especially when I have already established that calling people town is what I meant by defending someone.

Also, I believe I missed the Pubby game where they were evil?

Also, also, do you think my behavior this game is indicative of me being scum, or town?

Making claims and calls that you disagree with is hardly grounds to vote.

Especially when those claims are coming from me.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2020, 01:36:40 pm »

"No, not really" is about your reads on pubby and faust, you established that after the post for which I voted you, your behavior says you're town.

Vote: E, "I need to know everyone's reads, gimme them please".

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2020, 03:55:54 pm »

Vote: WestCoastDidds

Le sigh....

And here I thought we had turned over a new leaf
And under the new leaf was....another old leaf!!!  It's a great mystery pile of leaves!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2020, 03:56:37 pm »

My role is complicated and has lots of moving parts, but not super powerful. (Again, kind of like my life...)
I like this softclaim. Like, not in the sense that I think it's pro-town necessarily; like, in the sense that it strikes me as true and makes me lean town on wcd.
describe a softclaim you would not like.  And one you would only kinda like.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2020, 03:57:18 pm »

Townpoints for skip as that's exactly what I thought.

Anyone who agrees with me is town!!! (sigh...)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:32 pm »

My role is complicated and has lots of moving parts, but not super powerful. (Again, kind of like my life...)
I like this softclaim. Like, not in the sense that I think it's pro-town necessarily; like, in the sense that it strikes me as true and makes me lean town on wcd.
How does it compare to LaLight's softclaim?
I know, right?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2020, 04:08:09 pm »

Sorry all - Reading from the start and getting involved now. I'm trying to establish myself a new "normal" right now... so while I'm just locked away at home every day (including the weekends), I'm trying to make sure I take Sat/Sun to myself to not have to think about work/virus/anything for my own sanity.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2020, 04:10:16 pm »

I'm going to do two re-reads:

First, straight through, thoughts only jotted down to myself (stream of conscience style): If people wish that to be published I can do so after.

Second, dialed in to the things that stand out. This is notably different than above because time passes, and what might have seemed important in the first 50 posts may not matter after posts 150+
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.94 seconds with 19 queries.