Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Menagerie Recommended Sets - Observations and Discussions  (Read 1548 times)

William Howard Taft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
Menagerie Recommended Sets - Observations and Discussions
« on: April 11, 2020, 01:24:38 pm »
+2

Since my board game group has gone virtual, we've been trying out the recommended Menagerie sets to get a feel for the new cards. I figured we could have a thread here to discuss all the fun interactions.

Seize the Night (Nocturne and Menagerie) Barge, Falconer, Hostelry, Sheepdog, Supplies, Cobbler, Devil's Workshop, Exorcist, Monastery, Skulk, Seize the Day, Way of the Sheep

This was a lot of fun with 4 people. So many ways to gain cards to power up Monastery. Also love the interaction between Supplies and Exorcist. Your Ghost is guaranteed to find a Horse even if you draw your whole deck. Also Sheepdog is great with Cobbler. Gain a dog at the start of your turn which triggers the reaction immediately!

Horse Feathers (Adventures and Menagerie) Destrier, Displace, Falconer, Sleigh, Stockpile, Magpie, Ranger, Ratcatcher, Relic, Royal Carriage, Pilgrimage, Way of the Ox

Another board where everyone was gaining several cards on their turns. Pilgrimage and Magpie meant Destriers got super cheap super quickly which allowed them to be gained by Falconers. Ended on a 3 pile (Stockpile, Ratcatcher, and Magpie). When the last Ratcatcher was purchased, it triggered my Falconer who picked up one last Estate to win me the game.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the new recommended kingdoms?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:41:36 pm by William Howard Taft »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.164 seconds with 21 queries.