Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 103200 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #575 on: February 16, 2020, 04:01:19 pm »

so i remember like 3-4 instances of "lynch me but i won't claim" in Mafia games, usually by self-hammering ashersky and in every case he was town. why would scum!rae not claim? I believe her here.

but i also believe cayvie to be town, can't really explain

let's try vote: Joseph for a change
I'm down for that,
Vote: Joseph

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 16, 2020, 04:02:27 pm »

so i remember like 3-4 instances of "lynch me but i won't claim" in Mafia games, usually by self-hammering ashersky and in every case he was town. why would scum!rae not claim? I believe her here.

I'm down for that,

are you buddying me? tell me honestly, i can't take another heartbreak
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 16, 2020, 04:08:31 pm »

I'm down for that,

are you buddying me? tell me honestly, i can't take another heartbreak
It can't be scummy is I'm not scum.

But really, I'm working hard to ranke the redirectors, and when people started piling on raerae, her stock went up.  Joseph's had gone down a lot, and I was already thinking of voting him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 16, 2020, 04:12:00 pm »

I think scum!raerae doesn't know of a fakeclaim that explains her behavior. That's my read, take it or leave it, I wouldn't give her a chance to discuss with her scummates over night.

Joseph? Eh.

So I'm clever enough to fakeclaim a result but not clever enough to have considered being counterclaimed.

Vote: MiX because that's just offensive and stupid

"that's just offensive and stupid" is every word we address to each other.

But you're right...you had something in mind when you said what you did. Which means...I need to reread this day.

Vote: cayvie or something, I lost track. Also, claiming to have redirected the person that voted on you with no explanation before they explained isn't towny foresight, it's just null.

PPE: You think there's not those many redirectors, or that scum would claim them?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 16, 2020, 04:21:20 pm »

I think there are plenty of redirectors. I think that we're most likely to find scum lynching from that pool

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 16, 2020, 04:51:12 pm »

I think scum!raerae doesn't know of a fakeclaim that explains her behavior. That's my read, take it or leave it, I wouldn't give her a chance to discuss with her scummates over night.

Joseph? Eh.

So I'm clever enough to fakeclaim a result but not clever enough to have considered being counterclaimed.

But you're right...you had something in mind when you said what you did. Which means...I need to reread this day.

Vote: cayvie or something, I lost track. Also, claiming to have redirected the person that voted on you with no explanation before they explained isn't towny foresight, it's just null.

PPE: You think there's not those many redirectors, or that scum would claim them?
Specifically, I think scum can redirect, and when they saw Awaclus's flip they were super excited that they now could legitimately claim redirector and not immediately be called out as scum.  I think the fact that there are so many backs up my hunch.  You think there are 5 Town Redirectors?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 16, 2020, 04:53:26 pm »

Joseph? Eh.

Specifically, I think scum can redirect, and when they saw Awaclus's flip they were super excited that they now could legitimately claim redirector and not immediately be called out as scum.  I think the fact that there are so many backs up my hunch.  You think there are 5 Town Redirectors?

I only see four. Awa, me, wcd, joseph
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 16, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »

I think there are plenty of redirectors. I think that we're most likely to find scum lynching from that pool
I'm not convinced, because I know I'm town and WCD didn't make the NK yesterday (else ari would be dead)

And cayvie/raerae I just can't get my head around
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 16, 2020, 04:58:50 pm »

I can see 5 town Redirectors exist. But I agree with you shraeye.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 16, 2020, 05:00:14 pm »

I also want to keep as many redirectors alive as possible, because if we eliminate 1 scum, we have a decent chance of being able to organize our redirectors and trap scum in a little box
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Closed, PMs going out NOW!)
« Reply #585 on: February 16, 2020, 05:29:07 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

cayvie (1): MiX
Joseph2302 (2): LaLight, shraeye
raerae (2): cayvie, pubby
pubby (1): Joseph2302
MiX (1): raerae

Not Voting (3): Glooble, WestCoastDidds, arishipshape

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 2:00pm FT on February 21, 2020.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:35:35 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 16, 2020, 05:33:24 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

Day 2 ends at 2:00pm FT on February 24, 2020

Is day 2 really that long? Should we set a soft deadline?

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 16, 2020, 05:35:17 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

Day 2 ends at 2:00pm FT on February 24, 2020

Is day 2 really that long? Should we set a soft deadline?

Woops, I misread my own deadline rules.

Day 2 ends at 2:00pm FT on February 21, 2020.

Sorry about the confusion; I'll fix it in the last vote count and the day start post.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 16, 2020, 05:46:22 pm »

February 24 is known as Bud Day, named after the birthday of famous aviator and WW2 hero Bud Day.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 16, 2020, 06:01:21 pm »

I'm down for that,
Why? I've townread one of the redirectors, and helped piece together something important: based on the current information, ari didn't make the NK

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #590 on: February 16, 2020, 06:01:44 pm »

This is extremely confusing.

My usual go-to is to believe investigative role claims and then lynch them the next day I’d they’re lying. BUT what’s scummy about raerae’s claim of a result on caucus is she left herself an out - “unless someone redirected cayvie” but claims that’s the *only* out, which, given that we know the game is full of redirectors, seems like a tough pill to swallow.

That being said, it seems to me that all of the normal investigative roles would be basically useless in this setup, so it would make sense for mail-mi to give us some kind of cop or watcher that cuts through all the redirection.

All that being said, I think scum raerae would claim here. I know it’s widow, but I think the best bet for now is:

Vote: cayvie

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #591 on: February 16, 2020, 06:02:17 pm »

Sorry “widow” was meant to say “wifom”.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 16, 2020, 06:02:37 pm »

Although that means that WCD or raerae could theoretically have made the NK? Or not? I'm very confused by these 3 redirectors redirecting each other and the same set of people

PPE: 2

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 16, 2020, 06:03:50 pm »

Almost anyone could've made the NK, but I don't think raerae nor ari could've...given the known information.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 16, 2020, 06:11:01 pm »

Joseph? Eh.

I only see four. Awa, me, wcd, joseph
I'm reading in between some lines

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 16, 2020, 07:26:26 pm »

Why are we voting Joseph? Did I miss something?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 16, 2020, 10:00:38 pm »

Yeah, we name both targets.

I redirected pubby to Raerae.

If Joseph redirected me to Ari (instead of Rae), then Ari was redirected to raerae?

assuming no other redirections, then yep, i think you're right. it's the first person we target who gets redirected, not the second.

so ari targeted raerae and raerae targeted ari XD

didds, can i ask you the same question i asked joseph? if raerae is scum which 3 players would you guess are most likely to be scum!raerae's partners?

Good gravy...I don’t know which way is up. But I’ve been semi-drunk for like 3 days.

Ari, pubby, and Glooble are my most likelies.
Shraeye and LL seem to be playing some game where they wink and nod about what they have figured out but I can’t keep up.
Me, you, Rae, mix, and Joseph are around. I think we are more likely all town than not, but I’m easily fooled.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:25 pm »

Why are we voting Joseph? Did I miss something?

i have no idea tbh. i think people got tired of trying to wrap their head around the situation between raerae, me, and yourself and decided to look in a different direction?

i got pretty exhausted by it too tbh, but i still can't get over raerae claiming to have an unspecified guilty result on me. like it seems silly to me not to end the day lynching one of us three, and raerae still is the obvious most likely guilty party to me.

i really hope wcd is town. i think joseph is town. i think mix is town-ish.

i think raerae is scum. i think ari, glooble, and pubby are scummy.

lalight and shraeye, man, who the hell knows.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 16, 2020, 11:15:46 pm »

This is extremely confusing.

My usual go-to is to believe investigative role claims and then lynch them the next day I’d they’re lying. BUT what’s scummy about raerae’s claim of a result on caucus is she left herself an out - “unless someone redirected cayvie” but claims that’s the *only* out, which, given that we know the game is full of redirectors, seems like a tough pill to swallow.

That being said, it seems to me that all of the normal investigative roles would be basically useless in this setup, so it would make sense for mail-mi to give us some kind of cop or watcher that cuts through all the redirection.

All that being said, I think scum raerae would claim here. I know it’s widow, but I think the best bet for now is:

Vote: cayvie

does the logic in this post make sense to anyone?

how do you get from "raerae's claim is scummy because she left herself an out if cayvie was redirected"

to "mail-mi would give us an investigative role that would cut through all the redirectors"

to "vote cayvie, presumably because i believe raerae to be such an investigative role"?

am i missing something here?

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 16, 2020, 11:26:13 pm »

to continue: glooble hypothesizes that raerae is "some sort of cop or watcher that cuts through the redirection".

scenario A: cop!raerae
why would a cop be worried if i was redirected? how would a cop be certain that i made the kill?

scenario B: watcher!raerae
why would a watcher be worried if i was redirected? presumably if a watcher targeted galzria and saw me target galzria, then it wouldn't matter whether i'd been redirected or not. galzria would still be dead and i would be the one who had targeted him.

scenario C: tracker!raerae
imagine a tracker targets cayvie and gets a result "your target targeted galzria". yet again, why would it matter if i was redirected?

scenario D: redirector!raerae
presumably in this scenario raerae redirected me to target galzria. how would she be certain that I was the one who committed the kill? and, again, why would it matter if I was redirected?

are there any other potential investigative roles that anyone can think of that would make sense here?

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.