Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 103237 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #500 on: February 16, 2020, 11:22:56 am »

people who have played with MiX before: is this typical of how he plays? i feel like with glooble d1, and now with raerae, i suspect someone, and then there MiX is, being all "hey, calm down, stop acting so scummy".

is that normal MiX?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 16, 2020, 11:35:06 am »

My unofficial votecount:

raerae (3): shraeye, cayvie, MiX
cayvie (2): pubby, raerae
arishipshape (1): LaLight

not voting (4): glooble, WestCoastDidds, Joseph, arishipshape
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 16, 2020, 11:40:01 am »

people who have played with MiX before: is this typical of how he plays? i feel like with glooble d1, and now with raerae, i suspect someone, and then there MiX is, being all "hey, calm down, stop acting so scummy".

is that normal MiX?

It's what happens when I'm not the one going at someone. With Glooble I was mostly defusing his wagon: at that time I didn't think everyone had a night action, and making him claim wouldn't help town. Here I'm trying really hard to not tunnel raerae, notice how my vote's on her, I'm not exactly neutral in this. Also there's way too much chaos ITT.

I haven't been town in a D2 in too long, I have no idea if it's normal or not. Of course that wasn't aimed at me, but still.

My unofficial votecount:

raerae (3): shraeye, cayvie, MiX
cayvie (2): pubby, raerae
arishipshape (1): LaLight

not voting (4): glooble, WestCoastDidds, Joseph, arishipshape

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 16, 2020, 11:44:06 am »

is that normal MiX?

It's what happens when I'm not the one going at someone. With Glooble I was mostly defusing his wagon: at that time I didn't think everyone had a night action, and making him claim wouldn't help town. Here I'm trying really hard to not tunnel raerae, notice how my vote's on her, I'm not exactly neutral in this. Also there's way too much chaos ITT.

did you think you saw a vanilla town softclaim or something? would you mind pointing it out if so?

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2020, 11:47:45 am »

We all know that Glooble softclaimed to have a night action. It's the first thing he said this game, right?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2020, 11:48:15 am »

I guess I'm really trying to ask who you believe and why. I think? We're probably talking past each other again/as always.

I believe everyone. Who do you not believe, other than cayvie?

Answer this please.

Missed it the first time, tentative belief across the board with everybody else.  cayvie's behavior post-claim is what makes me disbelieve her, not the claim itself.

cayvie doesn't trust your softclaim. Is that so wrong? Is that so unbelievable? Cayvie isn't jumping into conclusions, she's just going for the first thing that makes sense, and right now there's nothing that points to anything else being more probable than you being scum (or cayvie being scum, but obviously cayvie won't explore that). Why do you assume people will trust your claim, especially the one that absolutely knows that your result has to be wrong in some way or another (from cayvie's perspective)?

It isn't the simplest explanation especially considering we were just talking about town full of redirectors.  Why, immediately after that discussion, would your conclusion be, "SHE'S LYING!!!" instead of, must be another misdirection? 

You will if we wagon you. This is just bringing a ton of confusion and splitting town, it's much better if you'd simply claim and be done with it. But you won't, because I said you should, and you're too stubborn to listen to anyone but yourself.

This is way too much chaos based on raerae not claiming. You either claim a result, or you say nothing, not this. We're going in circles.

raerae, do you think ari did the NK if cayvie is town?

Try. Me.

There is nothing to be gained from me claiming, you aren't going to teach me a lesson by lynching me, I'm still going to play this game in the way I see best given the information I have and no amount of "pressure" is going to change it.  This is nothing to do with me being stubborn, it's all to do with me having more information about my role than you.  There's no confusion, you're fishing for more information than is necessary.  I'm saying the information I have says cayvie killed Galz, cayvie is saying she redirected me to ari, there's NOTHING more you need.  Quoting my f-ing PM isn't going to give you anything else, you need to decide who to trust and you obviously have already so walk away or contribute because wall posts about how much I'm hurting town isn't helping anybody.

Re: cayvie being town, obviously.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2020, 11:50:51 am »

We all know that Glooble softclaimed to have a night action. It's the first thing he said this game, right?

right, the n0 thing, i forgot.

so why did you think wagoning him wouldn't help town?

she/her

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2020, 11:51:41 am »

So Glooble can softclaim and it's in town's best interest but I don't give you my f-ing shoe size w/mine and I'm obv!scum.  Totes makes sense.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2020, 11:53:56 am »

lol MiX has gotta be like "wtf is going on" right now  ;D ;D

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2020, 11:59:03 am »

This doesn't answer my question...if there's a "tie", which are resolved first? Random, first in first out...what?

They are resolved randomly.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 16, 2020, 12:03:41 pm »

If you aren't confused at least once then it's not a good Mafia game, right??

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 16, 2020, 12:05:42 pm »

haha. you've played with MiX before, would you mind answering my question about him?

is this game a typical example of MiX's play?

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 16, 2020, 12:06:01 pm »

Thank you raerae.

So there's scum in (raerae, cayvie, ari)? Because it seems like it.

Raerae, do you stand by your information being changed if cayvie was redirected?

If you aren't confused in BM then something's wrong, yes.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 16, 2020, 12:08:14 pm »

Thank you raerae.

i concur. that seems highly likely.

she/her

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2020, 12:09:41 pm »

haha. you've played with MiX before, would you mind answering my question about him?

is this game a typical example of MiX's play?

I thought about but I'm really not the best person to answer.  MiX and I would not play nice in the sandbox so I think we aren't great at being objective about each other. 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2020, 12:15:32 pm »

Thank you raerae.

Raerae, do you stand by your information being changed if cayvie was redirected?

Dude, I don't know what way is up anymore.  Sure.  If cayvie didn't kill Galz then she didn't kill Galz.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2020, 12:19:39 pm »

Thank you raerae.

i'll go further.

i guess there's a ~25% likelihood that raerae is scum and ari is scum. a ~50% likelihood that only raerae is scum, a ~20% chance that only ari is scum, and like a 5% chance that none of us in that trio are scum, and the results are entirely due to some BM shenanigans.

something like that.

she/her

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2020, 12:34:03 pm »

I have thought of a scenario where raerae and cayvie could both be town

Because I'm struggling to see the motivation for either of them to fake claim what and when they did as scum. But it's also possible that there is something else at work here- it's a BM game after all
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2020, 12:34:41 pm »

And just because things got redirected to ari, that doesn't necessarily mean that they're scum. I also redirected onto ari FWIW
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2020, 12:41:35 pm »

And just because things got redirected to ari, that doesn't necessarily mean that they're scum. I also redirected onto ari FWIW

iiiinteresting!

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2020, 12:52:49 pm »

well if you're telling the truth, then that is a little bit more evidence against raerae in my eyes.

there was still the possibility out there that raerae was a watcher, and targeted galz. but i made her target ari. and she saw me targeting ari (since i targeted both raerae and ari last night).

but if you targeted ari too, then watcher!raerae would have gotten a result of "cayvie, joseph, and raerae", which wouldn't have jibed with her play at the start of day2

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2020, 01:00:43 pm »

Wait, redirectors target both of their picks? I didn't expect that.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2020, 01:02:36 pm »

my role says i target 2 players, yeah. other redirectors can presumably confirm.

she/her

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2020, 01:04:40 pm »

I’m also incredibly confused. After I have a handle on what the heck is going on I’ll say some more definitive stuff.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2020, 01:06:23 pm »

this post gives MiX townpoints btw

I’m also incredibly confused. After I have a handle on what the heck is going on I’ll say some more definitive stuff.

any questions you have that i/we can answer for you?

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.