Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 105189 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2020, 09:32:10 pm »

Vote: Glooble
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2020, 11:27:09 pm »

Seems to me like Glooble's trying to read the game and get it going. I'd say he's the towniest out of everyone here (myself and cayvie tied for that), I can't see why you find that scummy instead. That's mostly towards cayvie but I'd like to hear your thoughts too raerae.

i've been wanting to vote glooble since galz did tbh, but at the time i wanted to keep pressing pubby.

this post

I'm 90% sure pubby was making a joke. Scum points to cayvie for taking it so very seriously, but also not voting her because we've either never played together or its been years so I don't know her meta.

vote: shraeye because I don't like either of the existing wagons and MiX seems towny to me so far this game.

seemed off to me. and i'm not feeling as gung-ho about the pubby wagon as i was earlier, so i decided to switch wagons.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2020, 01:09:00 am »

Sorry for the absence, as it's mentioned in my signature, I was unavailable on weekends.

Yesterday I was playing Pokèmon with some friends and then I had a dream, in which me and cayvie talked about why she didn't choose Shiny Pidgey as her avatar (mainly because people are not familiar with the concept of shinies so everyone would ask her why is her Pidgey the wrong color)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2020, 01:12:33 am »

I was not rolefishing about N0 actions although it might look like I did. Thing is I really don't know anything about this game, the setup is closed and our usual D1 conversation about setup is wholly unsensical, but I am used to do this, because it's hard to read people without it. And that's why I struggle to develop any kinds of reads

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2020, 01:16:00 am »

i just did an interesting exercise and i'm curious how it would go for other people:

without looking at the player list or at the rest of the thread, rank the players in this game from towniest to scummiest. are there any players you forgot were in this game? there was one for me.

cayvie
MiX
Galz
raerae
shraeye
pubby
Awaclus
Joseph
Glooble
WCD
ari

Right, this is the list of people from my memory, not from town to scum, but just how I remembered everyone (?) I will now check the playerlist. Also this is awesome

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2020, 01:16:39 am »

oh, that's everyone. I had trouble remembering starting with Joseph

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2020, 01:23:12 am »

Sorry for the absence, as it's mentioned in my signature, I was unavailable on weekends.

Yesterday I was playing Pokèmon with some friends and then I had a dream, in which me and cayvie talked about why she didn't choose Shiny Pidgey as her avatar (mainly because people are not familiar with the concept of shinies so everyone would ask her why is her Pidgey the wrong color)

haha when i chose this avatar i was not familiar with the concept of shinies myself; i had to name my favorite pokemon for pokemafia and i could only think of like 3 different ones. i have since become much more familiar, thru pokego.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2020, 01:26:44 am »

haha when i chose this avatar i was not familiar with the concept of shinies myself; i had to name my favorite pokemon for pokemafia and i could only think of like 3 different ones. i have since become much more familiar, thru pokego.

Cool! Although i don't play Pokego, I am very much fan of main series games, playing and replaying them here and there. I also tried to stream me playing but that didn't end well, my computer choked on the sizes of the videos and I postponed that until I can afford a computer just for this.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2020, 07:46:23 am »

i just did an interesting exercise and i'm curious how it would go for other people:

without looking at the player list or at the rest of the thread, rank the players in this game from towniest to scummiest. are there any players you forgot were in this game? there was one for me.

Big wagon means I might well have to claim. If I claim and survive, I don’t want scum knowing all my reads. Gives them way too much info for night action planning.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2020, 09:26:38 am »

Big wagon means I might well have to claim. If I claim and survive, I don’t want scum knowing all my reads. Gives them way too much info for night action planning.

sounds like you're not even planning on trying to avoid the wagon. you're at L-3. if you've got as strong a role as you're hinting at, wouldn't it behoove you to play in such a manner that you don't have to claim?

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2020, 09:43:54 am »

sounds like you're not even planning on trying to avoid the wagon. you're at L-3. if you've got as strong a role as you're hinting at, wouldn't it behoove you to play in such a manner that you don't have to claim?

First off, never said my role was strong. Secondly, once this town makes up their mind to lynch someone, not a whole lot that person can do. I haven't done anything remotely suspicious- your case on me is so squishy and circumstantial its impossible to even argue with- yet you seem to be attracting a significant following.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2020, 09:59:59 am »

First off, never said my role was strong.
if you've got a role as weak as you're hinting at, wouldn't it behoove you to play in such a manner that you're not relying on it to save you at L-1?

Secondly, once this town makes up their mind to lynch someone, not a whole lot that person can do. I haven't done anything remotely suspicious- your case on me is so squishy and circumstantial its impossible to even argue with- yet you seem to be attracting a significant following.

"i've been trying to blend in, and i'm mad i got noticed"

she/her

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2020, 10:24:26 am »

once this town makes up their mind to lynch someone, not a whole lot that person can do.
Why so defeatist?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2020, 10:46:29 am »

vote: cayvie

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2020, 10:49:33 am »

vote: cayvie

Yeah no, sorry.

Vote: Glooble, scumreading town isn't scummy.

once this town makes up their mind to lynch someone, not a whole lot that person can do.
Why so defeatist?

Pubby is right...that's new  :P

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2020, 10:54:24 am »

I've seen this with joth: the bros. claim to be a PR, everyone scumreads them, they claim, and it's great for scum! And I don't want to be a part of this. Get a better vote, Glooble, cayvie's not being lynched today. And I don't want to lynch you either.

Unvote, last time I warned about quickhammer it happened, so I might've been onto something.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2020, 10:57:06 am »

Ugh, fine. back to

vote: LaLight

But for the record, I genuinely think cayvie is acting scummy AF right now and I'd love to see what people think is so towny about her.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2020, 11:00:14 am »

Thank you, duly noted.

Now, there's someone who needs to actually play the game...

Vote: shraeye, are you town?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2020, 12:44:11 pm »

That's five posts in a row with vote actions! Wowee!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Closed, PMs going out NOW!)
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2020, 01:07:43 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Joseph2302 (1): Joseph2302
pubby (3): arishipshape, WestCoastDidds, LaLight
cayvie (1): pubby
shraeye (1): MiX
Glooble (4): Galzria, cayvie, raerae, Awaclus
LaLight (1): Glooble
Not Voting (1): shraeye

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 11:00pm FT on February 12, 2020
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2020, 02:15:42 pm »

and that's eleven posts in a row without content!

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2020, 02:16:39 pm »

I'm going for a new record

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2020, 02:27:27 pm »

I'm going for a new record
i think didds has quite a lead on you here tho

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2020, 02:31:05 pm »

i guess not technically true, 3 posts ago she said something about "No one seems particularly scummy" which is, i must admit, game content :)

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40  All

Page created in 2.574 seconds with 20 queries.