Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 104197 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)
« Reply #976 on: March 02, 2020, 10:04:24 am »

Thanks, Mail-mi and Joth, for running the game! It was weird and fun!

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 02, 2020, 12:59:25 pm »

Wow, I really sucked this game. GG to all and I hope to improve my performance next time!
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 02, 2020, 01:25:45 pm »

@cayvie, just skimmed the speccy, I wasn't playing when I was confused about the setup, I really just didn't get it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 02, 2020, 01:39:14 pm »

@cayvie, just skimmed the speccy, I wasn't playing when I was confused about the setup, I really just didn't get it.

Welcome to raerae  :P

I think if I was town I would've voted for you sooner, but I'm scared of the raewrath.

Wow, I really sucked this game. GG to all and I hope to improve my performance next time!

You did nothing wrong, just lurk slightly more than you should've. Town was setting you up with the cayvie/raerae talk, not much you could've done about it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 02, 2020, 01:53:19 pm »

a likely story, scum!! <3

man i was salty this game XD
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 02, 2020, 01:53:57 pm »

so, uh

what was the bud idea
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 02, 2020, 03:10:00 pm »

so, uh

what was the bud idea

So originally the bud idea was that everyone has a role power and also got to control someone else's role power--they were their "buddy." The secret in that setup was that you never got to control your own role power because someone else got to control it. I eventually figured out that that might not be any fun, so I morphed it into "everyone's a redirector" and as it turns out that was pretty fun.

I'm debating whether to give the MVP to MiX or pubby. They both played the setup pretty well and pubby managed to get through the last day with an improbably fakeclaim... I think I'll say pubby for mvp!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 02, 2020, 03:12:09 pm »

so, uh

what was the bud idea

So originally the bud idea was that everyone has a role power and also got to control someone else's role power--they were their "buddy." The secret in that setup was that you never got to control your own role power because someone else got to control it. I eventually figured out that that might not be any fun, so I morphed it into "everyone's a redirector" and as it turns out that was pretty fun.

I'm debating whether to give the MVP to MiX or pubby. They both played the setup pretty well and pubby managed to get through the last day with an improbably fakeclaim... I think I'll say pubby for mvp!

Is the correct way to get MVP to claim something that will get you lynched if raerae isn't stubborn as opposed to not? If yes, then I'll say pubby played the fakeclaim perfectly, but I wish he had said something about it in the scum QT.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 02, 2020, 03:17:53 pm »

so, uh

what was the bud idea

Is the correct way to get MVP to claim something that will get you lynched if raerae isn't stubborn as opposed to not? If yes, then I'll say pubby played the fakeclaim perfectly, but I wish he had said something about it in the scum QT.

I just looked through the scum QT and it looks like pubby came up with the "redirect the scum kill to get more deaths" plan which worked wonderfully for y'all on N2 so that is also a factor.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 03, 2020, 12:19:47 am »

so, uh

what was the bud idea

I liked playing with you mix, and you definitely outplayed me this game.

You're being weirdly rude about raerae in this postgame and I really don't think there's a justifiable reason. Enjoy your victory dude, you earned it. I look forward to playing with you again

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 03, 2020, 01:49:08 pm »

I did almost nothing! Luckily mail-mi didn't really need me. :)

This has really driven home for me that my decision to temporarily suspend mafia participation until my life slows down was the right one.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 03, 2020, 01:53:25 pm »

This has really driven home for me that my decision to temporarily suspend mafia participation until my life slows down was the right one.

I'm sure that it is a good life decision, but it let it be said that we miss you so much!!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 03, 2020, 02:27:04 pm »

Thanks for the help when I needed it though!!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.