Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 104684 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2020, 09:34:16 am »

anyway I am against a no lynch and i propose we lynch a lurker. out of all options I would be pro Awaclus/shraeye lynch

I am against no lynch because I have no idea about how many NKs are in the game, so we can force ourselves into MyLo - No lynch scenario in which we might get 2 no lynches in the game. and lynch is our only weapon

Why would we no lunch a second time?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2020, 10:06:20 am »

anyway I am against a no lynch and i propose we lynch a lurker. out of all options I would be pro Awaclus/shraeye lynch

I am against no lynch because I have no idea about how many NKs are in the game, so we can force ourselves into MyLo - No lynch scenario in which we might get 2 no lynches in the game. and lynch is our only weapon

In MyLo we usually do, imagine a scenario of 4 players onlu one of which is scum and neither of the rest is an IC
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2020, 11:27:02 am »

what about ari? he's lurking hardest of all. i could be convinced that awa or shraeye is preferable if you have a particular reason.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2020, 12:26:21 pm »

Apologies for my absence, fellows. I am indeed here. I’ll read over the last few pages and give my town/scumreads within the next few hours.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2020, 12:31:00 pm »

Apologies for my absence, fellows. I am indeed here. I’ll read over the last few pages and give my town/scumreads within the next few hours.

here's some incentive: vote: arishipshape
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2020, 12:52:03 pm »

In MyLo we usually do, imagine a scenario of 4 players onlu one of which is scum and neither of the rest is an IC

I'd vote at that point because the next day is same thing and I'm impatient. Different strokes for different folks.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2020, 12:58:22 pm »

I'd vote at that point because the next day is same thing and I'm impatient. Different strokes for different folks.

Well that explains everything I know about you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Closed, PMs going out NOW!)
« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2020, 01:27:32 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

pubby (3): arishipshape, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds
cayvie (1): pubby
Glooble (1): Galzria
LaLight (1): Glooble
Awaclus (1): LaLight
arishipshape (3): MiX, Joseph2302, cayvie
raerae (1): raerae

Not Voting (1): shraeye

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 11:00pm FT on February 12, 2020 - That's in 9.5 hours
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:29:56 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2020, 01:46:24 pm »

My thoughts on the game state, reading it over:

Does anyone else have a Bud Light themed roled?

This feels like rolefishing, as has already been discussed.

I just assumed it was only buddy, that explains everything. Thanks Didds!

I was under the impression that “bud” was a pretty universally recognized term. If, in fact, the scum are getting beer named roles, then IMHO the chances that MiX received one are pretty slim, because he would then be faking ignorance about what “bud” refers to and that seems way too gutsy and blatant for a shifty mafia move. This very slightly strengthens my town read of MiX.

I still don't understand why you voted cayvie, pubby, what was it for?

Ahhh, classic MiX. I’m going to be very surprised if he flips scum. Keeping on Pubby like this doesn’t seem like something an indifferent scum would do. Either scum need Pubby in particular dead (unlikely, but I’ll grant this is a bastard game so anything is possible) or MiX gets more townpoints from me. Of course, I’m bad at forum mafia so take everything with a grain of salt.

Where’s Awaclus?

Awa, what do you think of things so far?

1) Here.

2) Things are nice, I like things.

...Bruh. Scumpoints for Awalcus.

Plus Ari could he short for Aristotle which is its own breed of awesomeness in naming.
#teamrhetoric

Ari is not short for Aristotle but I very much wish it was.

he's too silent for the most active person on fds

Pretty sure some of the fan card creators are more active than I am.

Hilarious.

And now some random reads.

Shraeye is looking a little more towny than scummy.

Glooble had that weird claiming to think he had a N1 action? I’m not a fan of that. Finger of suspicion. Glooble also scumreads Cayvie at some point, which I also don’t like because I town read Cayvie so far. Glooble’s reaction to his wagon seems just a liiiiiittle excessively manipulative. I mean, I get that even if you’re town you have to manipulate the town to not die, but I prefer someone like me who goes like “Eh, I’m sure my innocence will shine through”.  It also seems like Cayvie corroborates? I could be reading wrong. Cayvie, any new thoughts on Glooble? MiX, you seem to disagree if I read right. Thoughts?

Raerae: very very slight scumread? Of course that puts my scumreads to 3 so I’m probably wrong somewhere.

I can’t read Didds. Thoughts?

Off topic of people and reads:

I don’t think we should no lynch.

Any questions for me in particular? I seemed to avoid scrutiny for an inordinate amount of time, and I’m surprised a wagon didn’t form on me sooner. (Apologies again for my absence, I didn’t have a mobile device and time was very limited on my desktop so I wasn’t able to give this game the attention it deserved.) Now that ya’ll are actually squinting at me, feel free to interrogate me.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2020, 02:01:05 pm »

What exactly is making shraeye look townie?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:26 pm »

Why are you voting pubby?

Glooble had that weird claiming to think he had a N1 action? I’m not a fan of that. Finger of suspicion. Glooble also scumreads Cayvie at some point, which I also don’t like because I town read Cayvie so far. Glooble’s reaction to his wagon seems just a liiiiiittle excessively manipulative. I mean, I get that even if you’re town you have to manipulate the town to not die, but I prefer someone like me who goes like “Eh, I’m sure my innocence will shine through”.  It also seems like Cayvie corroborates? I could be reading wrong. Cayvie, any new thoughts on Glooble? MiX, you seem to disagree if I read right. Thoughts?

I can’t read Didds. Thoughts?

Answering these 2 in order:

Scum doesn't want to softclaim to have a night action, and I'm reading Glooble like he's joth. Honestly I think that I should excuse less scummy things day 1 from Glooble than from joth (sorry joth), but I also don't like how everyone came crashing down on Glooble for it. And my read is that Glooble has a real PR, which is what town!Glooble would have. That and I don't think we'd lynch him after he claims, which means pushing him's less useful than other people.

You don't read Didds day 1. I think. I can't do it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2020, 02:24:23 pm »

How is this different from every other closed game?
Because it's a BM not an N setup
We could mislynch and immediately lose, for example
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 12, 2020, 02:26:17 pm »

How is this different from every other closed game?
Because it's a BM not an N setup
We could mislynch and immediately lose, for example

We could no lynch and immediately lose. You don't know! Regardless of BM I'd assume the game was at least trying to be balanced, with possibly lots of variables thrown around.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 12, 2020, 02:39:32 pm »

Heading to work, so intermittent phone posting here on out. Deadline is in 8 hours so I'll be paying attention, but not making posts in depth

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2020, 02:54:55 pm »

@ari: ooh ooh i get to do a Faust impression

I do not think it would be protown to share my thoughts on glooble.

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2020, 03:06:40 pm »

Didn't realize deadline was so soon. I don't want to no lynch either, but I don't love ari or pubby lynches. Still I'd take pubby over no lynch.

I didn't mean to claim a night action. It legit didn't occur to me that admitting to asking that question confirmed I had one. It was basically just a brain fart. That being said I tend to assume BM set-up have very few or no VTs. Maybe that's not an assumption that's grounded in anything, but there it is.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »

Probably won't have time at the deadline.
- WCD and Glooble seem less townie for trying to start my wagon again.
- Awaclus is a no-show which makes me think he's got a shitty town role.
- I understand Arishipshape's analysis so town points for that.

Still giving Glooble and Cayvie the benefit of the doubt

vote: WCD

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2020, 04:36:46 pm »

Oh yeah, I'll definitely not be here for deadline.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2020, 05:45:27 pm »

Not be around for deadline either

And not feeling like anything has happened that really wants to make me vote

But Vote: Awaclus seems marginally better than voting no lynch. It'll get the same outcome (no lynch) but also might hopefully get Awaclus to play the game
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2020, 05:51:35 pm »

What exactly is making shraeye look townie?

I’m going to assume his is directed at me and so reply:

vote: Glooble

Not a fan of him defending Pubby here. He could be defending a partner, or he could be defending someone he knows to be town, but the defense feels disingenuous, and the shift to Shraeye right after MiX voted Shraeye feels like an intentional attempt at distraction.
Who should he defend?  What is a ingenuous defense?  How distracting is his vote?

I like this line of questioning. To the point and towny.

It was ari for me too
I remember ari

Sarcasm: remembering me is inherently towny.

I also am just a fan of Shraeye’s general tone? IK that’s really subjective evidence but mafia is a really subjectively played game. Especially bastard mafia.

I’m not going to be here AT the deadline but I should be on at least an hour before so I can revise my vote then.

Unvote

I’m leaning towards voting Awalcus. Not sure yet tho.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2020, 05:57:38 pm »

Joseph has a point.

Vote: Awaclus

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2020, 06:10:13 pm »

This is bastard so I have to ask

mail-mi, does glooble actually have "q" votes?

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2020, 06:30:18 pm »

This is bastard so I have to ask

mail-mi, does glooble actually have "q" votes?

No. Fixed.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2020, 07:13:47 pm »

@ari: ooh ooh i get to do a Faust impression

I do not think it would be protown to share my thoughts on glooble.

If you've read my previous games (I don't expect you to), then you'll know that Faust refusing to share info is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Alas, you've seemed towny thus far save for your Faust impersonation so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I hope in retrospect you actually had a good town reason not to share, else I'll be super pounce-ey on anyone who even remotely resembles Faust's refusal to share non PR info.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2020, 07:32:22 pm »

To be fair, cayvie's being universally townread by everyone except Glooble. And everyone's going after Glooble, so...

The Shraeye lurk is much more shady. But same with Ari and pubby, yeah?

Yeah, but ari and pubby always lurk (and by "always" I mean ari has been town once and he kinda lurked, just not as hard as this game).

I do like what shraeye's been doing. I just wish I saw a vote...
Huh? I've been doing something?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.