Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25  All

Author Topic: BM28: Joth's Bed Idea Mafia (Game over, Anti-Town Wins)  (Read 65775 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: BM28: Joth's Bed Idea Mafia
« Reply #400 on: December 05, 2019, 06:29:11 pm »

This is dumb. No reason to be quiet about it at this point.

I am the third Hood member.

This is why I am not insta voting MiX in this spot, as well as why when I dialed off of Mail Mi I did not want to vote for Glooble.

Either and or both of the Hood members can confirm that I attested early on to not wanted to attempt to target one and other for the early days just in case we could confirm some town alignments or some (many other) potential deviations of that concept.

MiX pushing me again... is weird. Which I don't get bc they have to know I was gonna call them out on it eventually.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 05, 2019, 06:30:29 pm »

Vote: MiX

Those are some ginned up charges to vote for Swan. I don’t know yet what I think of Swan, but skewering him for only talking about the end of D1 when he was engaged in a discussion about the unvote

Is scummy? Is that the end of that sentence? I feel like there's much, much more to talk about than Swan's unvote (like Galzria and shraeye wagon) but he only focused on the unvote. Feels wrong and out of character for Swan. Also doesn't help that I barely understood his wall post, and that Awaclus is making sense.

you knew that I didn't want to vote you or glooble. Why would you state this in the forum as being potentially skummy. It should of been "swan either stays on wagon" or "swan unvotes" from your pov.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2019, 06:33:59 pm »

Was hoping to hold onto that info a little longer, but as the general seem of things seems to be because "why did I unvote instead of go for Glooble"... there is your answer.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 05, 2019, 06:40:06 pm »

I do not understand why MiX is pushing me or what their logic is here.

1) They said that they don't get why I focused on day 1 VCA only when I posted my cases. Well duh... because we were at a stall and that was the source of most info. They claimed that ticks me as skum swan... which is just idk weird. Not only because it is not... but like because no one argued with it until I got to it either.

2) While I don't think it is super likely, it is like possible that all three of me mix glooble are town. This is the primary starting reason on why I want to avoid early lynches in the hood. There is also the whole bit about MiX pushing me and not outting me, which I don't know what to make of right now.

3) Still don't want to lynch in the hood but I will do it if I have to.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 05, 2019, 06:48:13 pm »

Either and or both of the Hood members can confirm that I attested early on to not wanted to attempt to target one and other for the early days just in case we could confirm some town alignments or some (many other) potential deviations of that concept.

It took me a long time to figure out what this meant, and I feel like I'm voting you because of similar misunderstandings...

Those are some ginned up charges to vote for Swan. I don’t know yet what I think of Swan, but skewering him for only talking about the end of D1 when he was engaged in a discussion about the unvote

Is scummy? Is that the end of that sentence? I feel like there's much, much more to talk about than Swan's unvote (like Galzria and shraeye wagon) but he only focused on the unvote. Feels wrong and out of character for Swan. Also doesn't help that I barely understood his wall post, and that Awaclus is making sense.

you knew that I didn't want to vote you or glooble. Why would you state this in the forum as being potentially skummy. It should of been "swan either stays on wagon" or "swan unvotes" from your pov.

Or moves to another wagon??? The unvote did not help town and only led you to claim this, it was pointless. Besides your reason to vote mail-mi was so good why would you ruin it by not pushing any other wagon?

Swan gave an explanation in the hood that was amazing and I thought he was town for it but honestly what it accomplished what that mail-mi and Glooble were the only wagons that day. Also a 3 town neighborhood is something I'm deeming less and less likely as the day progresses. I suggest lynching one of us 3.

I need to actually...do things this day...instead of getting Swan to claim for not voting Glooble...

1) They said that they don't get why I focused on day 1 VCA only when I posted my cases. Well duh... because we were at a stall and that was the source of most info. They claimed that ticks me as skum swan... which is just idk weird. Not only because it is not... but like because no one argued with it until I got to it either.

2) While I don't think it is super likely, it is like possible that all three of me mix glooble are town. This is the primary starting reason on why I want to avoid early lynches in the hood. There is also the whole bit about MiX pushing me and not outting me, which I don't know what to make of right now.

1) There's a muuuuuuuuch better VCA and I will prove it once I get around to it, hopefully today. Your unvote served nothing. NOTHING. I even voted Jimmmmm because he voted when you unvoted, to see what you would do with it. Nothing. So what did your unvote do? Nothing! It also has nothing to do with Awaclus.

2) Yes it's possible any 3 players are town, okay. I guess it doesn't make sense that 2 of us are scum, so I suppose we're a slightly townier trio of players? Still, it's very easy to just hide behind hood, and I don't like it. Gloobled lived day 1 because of the hood, for example. We should counterbalance this with more scrutiny.

3) Buddying is fun I get it, but at this point I think one of Swan/Glooble is the best lynch. I'll get VCAs setup.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 05, 2019, 06:51:50 pm »

It took me a long time to figure out what this meant, and I feel like I'm voting you because of similar misunderstandings...

Or moves to another wagon??? The unvote did not help town and only led you to claim this, it was pointless. Besides your reason to vote mail-mi was so good why would you ruin it by not pushing any other wagon?

Swan gave an explanation in the hood that was amazing and I thought he was town for it but honestly what it accomplished what that mail-mi and Glooble were the only wagons that day. Also a 3 town neighborhood is something I'm deeming less and less likely as the day progresses. I suggest lynching one of us 3.

I need to actually...do things this day...instead of getting Swan to claim for not voting Glooble...

1) There's a muuuuuuuuch better VCA and I will prove it once I get around to it, hopefully today. Your unvote served nothing. NOTHING. I even voted Jimmmmm because he voted when you unvoted, to see what you would do with it. Nothing. So what did your unvote do? Nothing! It also has nothing to do with Awaclus.

2) Yes it's possible any 3 players are town, okay. I guess it doesn't make sense that 2 of us are scum, so I suppose we're a slightly townier trio of players? Still, it's very easy to just hide behind hood, and I don't like it. Gloobled lived day 1 because of the hood, for example. We should counterbalance this with more scrutiny.

3) Buddying is fun I get it, but at this point I think one of Swan/Glooble is the best lynch. I'll get VCAs setup.

Ok Vote: Mix then i guess.

My Unvote was because i didn’t like the Mail mi wagon and i didn’t want to lynch Glooble.i was hoping the move around of votes it could potentially cause would be useful - but yes in hindsight it was not. I had no way of knowing that at the time.

Go ahead and get that awesome non day 1 vca up when you have a chance tho.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 05, 2019, 06:56:04 pm »

Oh yes the grand move of votes Swan...give me a break.

These were the votes when you unvoted:

mail-mi (4): WestCoastDidds, Galzria, Awaclus, Glooble
Glooble (3): shraeye, Jimmmmm, mail-mi
MiX (1): raerae (L-5)
shraeye (1): MiX (L-5)

Not voting (1): Swan

12 hours to deadline. Oh look at all these great options!!! The only thing that could've happened was Glooble and you were specifically against that. The unvote was terrible.

Lynch me I don't care, Swan is still scum. Am I L-2 or something?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 05, 2019, 06:58:54 pm »

Current VC:

MiX (4): Jimmmmm, raerae, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan (L-1)
DatSwan (3): Awaclus, Galzria, MiX (L-2)
Awaclus (1): Glooble (L-4)

Not voting (1): shraeye

Amazing. Laziest wagon ever. I'm not claiming yet, I will simply prove Swan is scum with VCAs. Stand tight.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 05, 2019, 07:04:25 pm »

I ain’t arguing with you about the unlikelihood of 3 town being in the hood... but the play out of it from your “town!pov” doesn’t make sense to me.

It minimizes all the potential upsides the hood can have and potentially capitalized on all the downsides in a rush ... on the chance of finding skum (assuming there is one at all).

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 05, 2019, 07:09:11 pm »

Also, confused.

Am i still skum?
Or should we be lynching within Glooble/Swan?

You seem to be i favor of both.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 05, 2019, 07:11:31 pm »

I ain’t arguing with you about the unlikelihood of 3 town being in the hood... but the play out of it from your “town!pov” doesn’t make sense to me.

It minimizes all the potential upsides the hood can have and potentially capitalized on all the downsides in a rush ... on the chance of finding skum (assuming there is one at all).

If my scumreads are in the hood, what am I supposed to do? Vote towny? I would rather push them, publically of course. What can I do privately, there's no votes. Being the hood does not mean you shouldn't vote there. I'm not good at finding partners pre-flips, so I don't know how to find your partners untill I know for certain you're scum. Also, outing the hood is pro-town if there's scum there, so it's not as bad as you think.

The unvote, and the reason for it, makes no sense from a town!Swan perspective. You wouldn't do it, that close to deadline, with the wagons as they were, with everything set up exactly as it was. It's anti-town. Yet you did it anyway.

Also, confused.

Am i still skum?
Or should we be lynching within Glooble/Swan?

You seem to be i favor of both.

If it's not you, I think Glooble's a good candidate, by being the other wagon and never taking off. I don't know, I didn't look into the wagons yet, I just think killing in hood isn't as unthinkable as you think.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 05, 2019, 07:44:25 pm »

A quick look at the VCA tells me:

- Glooble went to L-1 and then back down very quickly after this claim. Probably NAI.

- shraeye was always a thing, but never a real thing, and was at least more viable than my wagon. Also note that raerae jumped away when it went to 3 votes, but raerae voting for shraeye might as well be the same as not voting I suppose.

- mail-mi voted everywhere in a now obvious attempt at surviving, it's pretty funny in retrospect.

- (mail-mi/Glooble/shraye/MiX/Galzria) are the only people that recieved (meaningful) votes D1, in that order.

- D1 was a disaster.

- The most suspicious votes are the mail-mi vote chain (Didds/Glooble/Awaclus/Galzria), it's very easy for scum to be there (although Awaclus' vote is completely null, being the third) and Swan's unvote. Everything else seems to make perfect sense.

That's all I got. The Glooble wagon and how it appeared could be scrutinized, but I'm not seeing how just from looking at it. Also it depends on him being scum to be useful, and if Swan is scum Glooble's almost always town, so it's much less useful to me.

I'm going to sleep. I can claim tomorrow if that's what everyone wants. Now:

Wow...that is a super long break.  Do you have any fun plans?

No plans, just sitting around and...studying for exams? Yay.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 05, 2019, 08:55:04 pm »

Shraeye, are you doing the dance if done yet?
No; I'm dying.

Also, this game is still going on?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 05, 2019, 09:02:23 pm »

I guess DatSwan's plan makes sense; nbrhood clearing eachother would be nice; but MiX argument sounds reasonable too, scum is scum, I'd lynch my own neighbor if I thought they were scum.

Sounds town v town to me; what else is going on?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »

Speaking of, one of our neighbors is cool and fun, and the other is lame and not fun. 

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2019, 10:25:24 pm »

No; I'm dying.

Solidarity, brother. How much longer until finals?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2019, 10:28:09 pm »

No; I'm dying.

Solidarity, brother. How much longer until finals?

Next week!!  Does debate get as excited as I do when the semester is coming to an end?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 05, 2019, 11:04:31 pm »

No, but I wish he would because it would be way more awesome for me. I think he mostly thinks life is awfully unfair that my work has frequent lengthy vacations and he does not. He does like that I start doing more of the chores and stuff because I’m home instead of on campus...but he knows the cycle well...first the long slog of November, then the euphoria of the end of classes, then the dark doom of grading, then the week I’m off when no one else is. So, he’s anxiously waiting for the grading doom.  I’m too busy enjoying the euphoria!!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 05, 2019, 11:06:28 pm »

MIX, one last personal question and then I’ll try to stop prying...what are you studying?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2019, 05:02:31 am »

So part of me feared a hammer, another feared that I would have to claim...but I never once thought nothing would happen when I was sleeping. And it's probably the worst outcome.

MIX, one last personal question and then I’ll try to stop prying...what are you studying?

Math. Can't get simplier than that.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2019, 06:29:31 am »

I was also sleeping.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2019, 08:20:51 am »

Ok I should claim, whatever, I doubt anything's changing untill I do this.

I am a Doctor Neighbor and I picked Galzria. Figured the odds of him being NKd were above 0, and he was one of my townreads. He's probably town after seeing no deaths, but given there's a SK, this setup is very much not normal, so I don't think we can make that conclusion just yet. At least I didn't.

Outing the hood the way it happened was premeditated: I thought it would lower the kill pool (who kills neighbors anyway?) so I had a higher chance of protecting someone, and a lower chance of dying. It sorta worked I suppose, good job me.

Yay we did it we outed a Doctor. Karma's a bitch I guess.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2019, 08:35:01 am »

Why would Galz have an bigger target on his back than anybody else?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2019, 08:36:18 am »

Why would Galz have an bigger target on his back than anybody else?

Why wouldn't he? You're probably overestimating the amount of townreads I had D1.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2019, 08:43:56 am »

I don't think I believe this claim, but I'm not sure I disbelieve it quite enough to lynch a claimed doctor.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25  All

Page created in 1.739 seconds with 21 queries.