Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 170543 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Two)
« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2019, 10:47:48 am »

Neither. I don't think they'd necessarily SK, but I don't think they'd town-aligned.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 20, 2019, 10:48:19 am »

@brightgalrs, sorry if I missed it, what is your previous mafia experience? You seem very experienced.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 20, 2019, 10:55:23 am »

Why should I claim?

Because you seem to have tied yourself to faust, claimed scum that you seem resistant to lunching for some reason.

It's boring predictable and what we are going to end up doing. Might as well find other scum while you're at it. Like you.

Yeah, lunching scum is the absolute worst part of this game.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 20, 2019, 10:59:19 am »

Why should I claim?

Because you seem to have tied yourself to faust, claimed scum that you seem resistant to lunching for some reason.

It's boring predictable and what we are going to end up doing. Might as well find other scum while you're at it. Like you.

I mean, end of the day, we have a claimed scum who has claimed to still be able to kill. The fact that he A) May himself have a different PR than he’s implied he has, and B) hasn’t been confirmed to be what he claims at all... is just all the more reason to finish the lunch there.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 20, 2019, 11:02:48 am »

@brightgalrs, sorry if I missed it, what is your previous mafia experience? You seem very experienced.
I played mafia more than 5 years ago on the Heaven Games forums. This is my first game since then.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 20, 2019, 11:07:00 am »

Why should I claim?

I mean, end of the day, we have a claimed scum who has claimed to still be able to kill. The fact that he A) May himself have a different PR than he’s implied he has, and B) hasn’t been confirmed to be what he claims at all... is just all the more reason to finish the lunch there.

Soooooo we agree? Or did I miss another scum claim?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 20, 2019, 11:08:07 am »

Faust should claim their target. I agree with reasoning that town!target would have claimed by now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 20, 2019, 11:09:55 am »

Why should I claim?

Soooooo we agree? Or did I miss another scum claim?

Oh, sorry, yeah - didn’t mean for it to come across like I was disagreeing.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 20, 2019, 11:16:51 am »

Faust should claim their target. I agree with reasoning that town!target would have claimed by now.
Alright. Well, it was DatSwan.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 20, 2019, 11:17:34 am »

Why should I claim?

Let's see if I can knock sense into town:  THERE ARE FOUR SCUM TEAMS. Since 4 NKs + alien. So now let's see which we would rather kill:

- Mafia, which has more members than werewolf and are set to win on average

- Werewolf, which might only have 2 members now so it's easier to eradicate that NK

- SK, which, if killed, removes an NK

- Alien, which only kills to win, basically

Which of these is our priority? The answer is literally any of the above 3. If we stand around killing alien then scum kills everyone.

Vote: Swan

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 20, 2019, 11:21:59 am »

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 20, 2019, 11:22:38 am »

Why should I claim?

Let's see if I can knock sense into town:  THERE ARE FOUR SCUM TEAMS. Since 4 NKs + alien. So now let's see which we would rather kill:

- Mafia, which has more members than werewolf and are set to win on average

- Werewolf, which might only have 2 members now so it's easier to eradicate that NK

- SK, which, if killed, removes an NK

- Alien, which only kills to win, basically

Which of these is our priority? The answer is literally any of the above 3. If we stand around killing alien then scum kills everyone.

Agree with the above. And I don't believe that DatSwan is town, so they'll be one of those many other factions

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 20, 2019, 11:27:28 am »

Vote: DatSwan
Gonna need a roleclaim.

This was the only post he did today, it was after faust claimed:
all right. holy hell that is a lot of catch up for one day...

Extreme Summary:

1) Faust pushed for WW hunting and Mafia hunting prior to being outted by Galz. Combine that with the Galz "PR Reasons" and Faust out and claiming Alien... Faust is probably an Alien. That being said, they could just as easily be another Alien knowing that they have a Vanillaiser... or supposedly they could be making a ballzy play and claiming a PR that is not mentioned knowing that if the Alien Vanillaiser exists they wouldn't speak up - However, I find that last part essentially impossible in reality.

2) Bright is probably Town Vig. It could be a double SK think, followed by the extremely unlikely concept that Alien faction could of fired their only shot on Night 1.... but most likely Bright is Town Vig.

I believe Galz got a result on Faust. And I believe that Faust is what they claim to be. I am a little wary based on how quickly Faust came to claim... but in the end, that factor is a little irrelevant if Faust is NOT Town. Also, since I am pretty sure the Vanillaiser role is not one shot... by leaving faust alive, it just allows him to VT more players... which I guess could be good in the right setting, but also could be extremely unfortunate...

Unless someone has a sound result of evidence on someone else that is skum, I see no reason to not lynch faust today.

Vote: Faust
There's a few things to say about it, but let's let him claim and explain first.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 20, 2019, 11:28:45 am »

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 20, 2019, 11:31:49 am »

We're at 5 for Swan it looks likes.

e voted for him earlier in the day:
Aliens!

Fun.

Also, Galzria voting faust for PR reasons and faust turning up alien is actually a pretty credible claim to being town, so I suppose I will have to just go and switch up my vote

vote: Datswan
Quite interesting, but maybe a coincidence.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 20, 2019, 11:34:13 am »

Good enough for me
Shoot: Swan

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 20, 2019, 11:34:18 am »

Scum has zero incentive to do our work for us. This is ridiculous. Kill the claimed scum!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 20, 2019, 11:41:21 am »

Scum has zero incentive to do our work for us. This is ridiculous. Kill the claimed scum!

This.

MiX is dead wrong. You kill scum that can kill when you have the chance. Absolutely 0 part of Faust’s claim is verified. All the other scum factions are going to be hunting for each other at this point, not Town. They’re their own greatest threats to themselves. You absolutely never ever let a claimed killing scum live when given the chance to lynch them.

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 20, 2019, 11:42:51 am »

vote: faust

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 20, 2019, 11:45:49 am »

This.

MiX is dead wrong. You kill scum that can kill when you have the chance. Absolutely 0 part of Faust’s claim is verified. All the other scum factions are going to be hunting for each other at this point, not Town. They’re their own greatest threats to themselves. You absolutely never ever let a claimed killing scum live when given the chance to lynch them.

Then town dies to collateral damage. It's not a feasible plan to kill aliens for the sake of it. If scum's so scared of faust they'll shoot him. Besides we should help scum develop scumreads on each other, which goes hand in hand with playing the day beyond the low hanging fruit.

Deadline's like a week away, explore this first, then decide if the other lynch candidates are so towny you'd rather kill faust.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 20, 2019, 11:48:31 am »

This.

It seems very unlikely that faust is fakeclaiming his role. I want to hear from DatSwan before deciding who to vote for. Chances are they are both scum that can kill. faust can only kill once. Scum!Swan would be able to kill every night.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 20, 2019, 11:49:45 am »

This makes it look like I'm counting down to a lynch, it's the other way around. We shouldn't be lynching anyone for at least another two RL days, still lots to discuss.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 20, 2019, 11:51:28 am »

This makes it look like I'm counting down to a lynch, it's the other way around. We shouldn't be lynching anyone for at least another two RL days, still lots to discuss.

Slow down scum...

Vote: Bright

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 20, 2019, 11:51:53 am »

This.

It seems very unlikely that faust is fakeclaiming his role. I want to hear from DatSwan before deciding who to vote for. Chances are they are both scum that can kill. faust can only kill once. Scum!Swan would be able to kill every night.

I see no reason Swan could be scum over you, or MiX, or pubby, or Europe, or Joseph, or any other host of players. All we’re doing is hunting potentially helpful PR’s and outing them - decreasing further any chance we still have of winning.

Mafia Record:

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 20, 2019, 11:52:14 am »

What Bright said.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67  All

Page created in 2.4 seconds with 20 queries.