Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 83759 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2019, 08:02:30 pm »

I'm excited for this! Though also kinda busy.. the next ~36 hours are all either work or choir commitments, then I spend Sunday travelling, and then I start my xmas shopping on Monday :-P So apologies if it takes a few days for my availability to go up.

Vote: Galz for being awake and on the hunt for brains already :-P

START shopping?  Oh, I'm stressed for you now, got that covered, you can check it off your list. Holy buckets.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2019, 08:03:09 pm »

There are zombie cures in the show, and people definitely can go back to being human after being zombies... there's just usually some plot reason why the main character can't do it!

You can google "izombie cure" for a wiki page about it.

I feel like it's likely that the setup allows for people going in both directions, but I would expect a net drift from human to zombie.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2019, 08:03:19 pm »

Hi friends!

I’m going to have the opposite availability of Space. Around until Monday afternoon and then off the grid intermittently until 28th. It’s a family holiday cruise in the Carribean, so I’m guessing off the grid in this case will be no Internetten access are all as opposed to just being busy. We’ll see.

So, here’s some fun new insight...we have heated blankets on the beds because our little house is super drafty and somewhat cold. If I turn one on during the day Scott and Brad (the orange cats!) will lay on it and fall asleep stretched out like cat pelts. The magical blanket transforms them from lazy cats to cats made of butter melting with the heat. I think it’s awesome.

Cats melt. It is known.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2019, 08:06:23 pm »

are shraeye and raerae in this game? I recently promised them I'd never do math again after it lost me a blitz game on Jim's site.

We're in. I'm judging you.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2019, 08:17:13 pm »

There are zombie cures in the show, and people definitely can go back to being human after being zombies... there's just usually some plot reason why the main character can't do it!

You can google "izombie cure" for a wiki page about it.

I feel like it's likely that the setup allows for people going in both directions, but I would expect a net drift from human to zombie.
Cool! I’ll have to do some digging, that sounds interesting

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2019, 08:19:53 pm »

Vote: Galz for betraying my trust last game, how could I be so naive!

Faust mentions in the setup that a player’s status as human/zombie *may* change throughout the course of the game. Given that he took the time to mention that (and, like, how zombies work) I’d guess that humans can turn into zombies but not vice versa, unless anyone who knows the flavor of the show knows of a way that could happen.

Can you elaborate on why you think it's not possible (or not likely) for zombies to be able to turn into humans?
Only flavor reasons -  I can’t think of any media with zombies in it where they could turn back into humans, but maybe this show is different

Z Nation is solid programming and explores this. That's positivity irrelevant to the game but important life information nonetheless.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2019, 08:20:16 pm »

I'm excited for this! Though also kinda busy.. the next ~36 hours are all either work or choir commitments, then I spend Sunday travelling, and then I start my xmas shopping on Monday :-P So apologies if it takes a few days for my availability to go up.

START shopping?  Oh, I'm stressed for you now, got that covered, you can check it off your list. Holy buckets.

It's fine! I've actually bought three things now, because I went shopping over my lunch break, so we don't need to stress :-)

Mostly I've trained my family to expect Oxfam Unwrapped gifts (i.e. charitable donations) instead of physical stuff, but I still like trying to get them small personal things too, so that's the sort of things I have to find.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2019, 08:22:06 pm »

It's fine! I've actually bought three things now, because I went shopping over my lunch break, so we don't need to stress :-)

Mostly I've trained my family to expect Oxfam Unwrapped gifts (i.e. charitable donations) instead of physical stuff, but I still like trying to get them small personal things too, so that's the sort of things I have to find.

Even more stressful!! You're putting thought and care into gifts this late in the game. You are infinitely more brave than I could ever hope to be.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2019, 08:45:49 pm »

Even more stressful!! You're putting thought and care into gifts this late in the game. You are infinitely more brave than I could ever hope to be.

I’m done with my shopping!

Super proud too, because I’m usually a 23rd guy...

Well, mostly. Now I need to food shop. I’ve been asked to make pierogies this year, which will take a moderate amount of work. Guess the 23rd will be spent cooking!

Also, vote: ADK for being scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2019, 10:11:45 pm »

Vote: Galz for betraying my trust last game, how could I be so naive!

Faust mentions in the setup that a player’s status as human/zombie *may* change throughout the course of the game. Given that he took the time to mention that (and, like, how zombies work) I’d guess that humans can turn into zombies but not vice versa, unless anyone who knows the flavor of the show knows of a way that could happen.

Can you elaborate on why you think it's not possible (or not likely) for zombies to be able to turn into humans?
Only flavor reasons -  I can’t think of any media with zombies in it where they could turn back into humans, but maybe this show is different

Z Nation is solid programming and explores this. That's positivity irrelevant to the game but important life information nonetheless.

Joth and I went to high school with the woman who played George in the last season of that show. She and Joth were in marching band together.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2019, 11:21:06 pm »

This is a true fact.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2019, 11:23:14 pm »

Didds!

Have you done all your shopping yet?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2019, 11:51:40 pm »

3 more true facts:

1. I’m drunk
2. I’m at a karaoke bar
3. Hall and Oates’ “You make my dreams come true” is about 3 steps out of my range.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2019, 12:44:09 am »

3 more true facts:

1. I’m drunk
2. I’m at a karaoke bar
3. Hall and Oates’ “You make my dreams come true” is about 3 steps out of my range.

1. Jealous
2. Jealous
3. Me too!

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2019, 01:56:19 am »

Did not realize this had started! Yay!

1) i am not a watcher of this show, but wiki would suggest that people can be turned not zombies. Don’t really know what to do with that info other than say it, but people seem to be lacking on flavor info... so there you go.

2) Galz doing his shopping prior to 23rd is skummy - Vote: Galz

3) i am gonna go and read the thread now.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2019, 02:30:22 am »

We could also talk generally about brain-eating strategy. I mean, at the end of the day there will be one lynch. Should all zombies try to eat that brain? Should zombies flip a coin and go 50/50 between eating that brain and trying to predict the scum kill and targeting that brain for eating? If we all go for the town lynch brain, than any potential scum zombies would get to eat the nightkill victim's brain unopposed. And that means even fewer brains for town subsequent nights.

Honestly there can't be too many zombies at least to start, because the math is not great. Every zombie has to eat a brain every other night, each zombie can only eat one brain, and there's only going to be 2 new brains generated every day/night cycle (most likely). So mathematically, there's a maximum number of zombies the game can support without some number being guaranteed to Romero.

How can we work this out? If every zombie has to eat every other night, than each zombie needs 1/2 brain per day/night cycle. The game is making 2 brains per day/night cycle. Therefore, a sustainable number of zombies would be 4. That means that <=4 zombies is uninteresting -- they can all get along. Although, zombies can also eat brains they don't need to deprive other zombies of brains, so 4 or less isn't a guarantee of everyone eating well.

Also, zombies can only eat human brains! So the expected number of brains per night also needs to be modified by the chance that the kill was not a zombie. And we don't know that unless we know the thing we're trying to figure out, the number of zombies. The more zombies there are, the fewer brains there are to go around.

Considering all of this, and assuming there aren't mechanics that turn humans into zombies, I'm betting we have 4 or 5 zombies. Any more would make the competition for brains too fierce; less would make it too easy.
I'm not sure whether eating a brain makes it unavailable to be eaten again.
The way the opening post is written in sounds like maybe the same brain can be eaten over and over again.  Like the zombie just eats 100 calories' worth of brain every time there is still plenty more for the next night.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2019, 02:30:49 am »

vote: galz just for his scum performance in bad idea

That's actually reason enough to never lynch him in my book. He deserves a scum win after that.

vote: Glooble. MiX is clearly town here. And I want to work at a jigsaw puzzle company!

Vote: EFHW, stop trying to emulate your scum meta.

Hi everyone again!

vote: Galz for the Bad Idea as well

Scum!LL does this more than town!LL but isn't exactly someone I want to lynch this early.

RVS talk aside, do we really lose anything from claiming who's human and who's zombie? There's probably some abilities that turn humans into zombies, or vice-versa, and hiding when those changes happen might be good, but I can't tell how bad it is if we all just claimed our initial status. What does everyone else think?
This is a scumpost btw

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2019, 02:33:45 am »

The win condition for mafia is this:
You win when, at the start of a Day, a majority of living players is aligned with your factions, or nothing can stop that from happening.

Also this caught my eye. "Factions"
That looks like a typo to me.

Can any scum confirm they got this or the corrected version? It would help us in the long run I think.
wait this is the same guy
is he good at faking scumslips
this is z axis thinking to come up with the joke even though the wifom is obvious

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2019, 02:37:31 am »

I planned to low effort this game before I signed up

But then I ended up signing up for way too many other games. 

So I'm definitely low efforting now. 

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2019, 02:41:52 am »

Vote: LaLight

not RVS

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2019, 04:40:56 am »

Also why would you think there will be only one nightkill?
this is pretty towny on a reread

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2019, 04:53:14 am »

Shoot: MiX

I thought a little bit about demanding a claim but I am afraid of a scum dayvig shooting me between the claim demand and me using my shot so it gets wasted

Also I'm not slowplaying this cause I have seen "two days less" dayvigs really mess up game momentums before I think it's important to have time

like five days of people reacting the right or wrong way to me dayvigging. 

Hopefully this is scum a lot of his posts seem off, I feel like he is a scum with an ability that can hide brains from our town zombies and he tried to trick us into exposing the weak zombies among us.  Or maybe he has a scum ability that turns us into zombies to get extra NKs from starvation and didn't want to waste shots on people who were already zombies

"I won the thread" is a scumslip I get tempted to post sometimes as scum too

don't hate me if this is a misvig guys

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2019, 04:53:34 am »

*"two days left"

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2019, 07:16:53 am »

Shoot: MiX

Real or can I read the rest of the thread?

You're scum, gg.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2019, 07:21:08 am »

vote: galz just for his scum performance in bad idea

That's actually reason enough to never lynch him in my book. He deserves a scum win after that.

vote: Glooble. MiX is clearly town here. And I want to work at a jigsaw puzzle company!

Vote: EFHW, stop trying to emulate your scum meta.

Hi everyone again!

vote: Galz for the Bad Idea as well

Scum!LL does this more than town!LL but isn't exactly someone I want to lynch this early.

RVS talk aside, do we really lose anything from claiming who's human and who's zombie? There's probably some abilities that turn humans into zombies, or vice-versa, and hiding when those changes happen might be good, but I can't tell how bad it is if we all just claimed our initial status. What does everyone else think?
This is a scumpost btw

"This is scummy" zero explanation

The win condition for mafia is this:
You win when, at the start of a Day, a majority of living players is aligned with your factions, or nothing can stop that from happening.

Also this caught my eye. "Factions"
That looks like a typo to me.

Can any scum confirm they got this or the corrected version? It would help us in the long run I think.
wait this is the same guy
is he good at faking scumslips
this is z axis thinking to come up with the joke even though the wifom is obvious

"This is scummy because it's a scumslip" zero explanation

You do know I play differently than most, right? But no, you get to the thread and instantly dayvig me. Alright scum.

Is it real or is it just a test?

Vote: pops
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33  All

Page created in 2.152 seconds with 19 queries.