Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 151737 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 2!
« Reply #900 on: November 09, 2019, 07:45:29 am »

I (somewhat weirdly) now think that joth is townier than I thought he was yesterday.

Why?
Just gut, he seems more sincere and the somewhat haphazard (I mean not well prepared) is more often from town. But that’s a good call from raerae, having second thoughts now.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 09, 2019, 12:29:23 pm »

I (somewhat weirdly) now think that joth is townier than I thought he was yesterday.

Why?
Just gut, he seems more sincere and the somewhat haphazard (I mean not well prepared) is more often from town. But that’s a good call from raerae, having second thoughts now.

Trust your gut here.

I have played pretty horribly. Maxford, any chance I was right and you had an extra shot and you used it on me?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Maxford

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Maxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 09, 2019, 01:58:46 pm »

Why?

Trust your gut here.

I have played pretty horribly. Maxford, any chance I was right and you had an extra shot and you used it on me?

I don't get your question.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 09, 2019, 02:10:05 pm »

Why?

Trust your gut here.

I don't get your question.
He confused you with Raptor.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 09, 2019, 02:27:26 pm »

That I did.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 09, 2019, 05:17:49 pm »

Vote count 3.1   

joth (2): raerae, Joseph

Not Voting ( 8 ): faust, Raptor, Maxford, Space, joth, Lalight, Eevee, Galzria

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on Thursday, November 14th at 6:53pm EST.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 09, 2019, 05:24:32 pm »

Vote: LaLight

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 09, 2019, 06:15:21 pm »

That I did.

No extra shot unfortunately  :/

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 09, 2019, 06:20:41 pm »

Sorry I haven’t had a ton of time to reread and all that Jazz.
It's official: LaLight and Eevee are one and the same to me. I hadn't even noticed LL only had 3 posts!

What do people usually do when they "breadcrumb"? Is the thing I'm quoting the type of things to look for? It's so arbitrary though, Mix has loads of posts!

Also, how hard do you think Mix wanted his scumbuddies to know he was the traitor?

But I highly agree with Max here. MiX was probably trying to do some sort of breadcrumbing throughout the day, maybe as grouping the scum all together as his hard town reads or perhaps he voted for all three scum at some point? Just throwing out a few ideas but he has a lot of posts day one to sort through.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game has Started!!!
« Reply #909 on: November 09, 2019, 07:16:34 pm »

It's official: LaLight and Eevee are one and the same to me. I hadn't even noticed LL only had 3 posts!

What do people usually do when they "breadcrumb"? Is the thing I'm quoting the type of things to look for? It's so arbitrary though, Mix has loads of posts!

Also, how hard do you think Mix wanted his scumbuddies to know he was the traitor?

The three main benefits for MiX of identifying himself to the scum team would be not getting NKd (not that he's a common NK target as far as I can recall), enabling more coordination across the scumteam for coordinating a mislynch (because they'd know they can count on him to help push lynches through), and also not having them help drive his lynch thinking he's town. I think MiX wouldn't feel very likely to draw the NK, but the two other benefits are things that would have fed into achieving his wincon, and he's a player who tends to focus on doing that, so I'm guessing he did something. He's pretty smart, though, so maybe it's subtle.

For the particular quote you pulled out, I think it's unlikely to be a breadcrumb exactly, but when I came across it earlier, I thought it made it more likely that Eevee and LL share a faction, because otherwise in MiX's mind one of them would be in the "them" camp, and one in the "us" camp, and then I think that kind of off-the-cuff statement wouldn't occur to him so readily. Of course, t could in theory have been carefully planned and planted, but he also probably didn't bank on being lynched so quickly, so I really doubt that is the case.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Maxford

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 09, 2019, 07:18:28 pm »

Sorry I haven’t had a ton of time to reread and all that Jazz.

But I highly agree with Max here. MiX was probably trying to do some sort of breadcrumbing throughout the day, maybe as grouping the scum all together as his hard town reads or perhaps he voted for all three scum at some point? Just throwing out a few ideas but he has a lot of posts day one to sort through.

Space, can you easily trace all of Mix's votes with your vote counter?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 09, 2019, 07:30:15 pm »

As before, I think there's a good chance that Joth is scum, but it's especially backed up by the way MiX behaved on the Joth wagon at the end of D1.
You're going to have to explain that some more.

I think I already put forward a case on Joth, stated a bunch of suspicion around his oh-so-convenient claim, and pointed out that MiX's illogical and unhelpful behaviour on that wagon -- which he himself admitted later was anti-town -- looked a lot like trying to move the lynch towards Shraeye and away from Joth.

Now I'm pointing out that we know for sure that MiX knew exactly who all the scum are, so his behaviour on the Joth wagon looks even more suspicious, meaning my suspicion on Joth is strong coming into D3.

Is there anything here you feel doesn't follow logically?

Why are you not voting for him then?

Laziness :-P Well, at the time it was only a few hours into D3, and no votes were flying yet.

Vote: Joth
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 09, 2019, 07:30:43 pm »

Sure! Is there anything particular you'd like to pull out?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 09, 2019, 07:35:15 pm »

I agree, this seems like bullshit- well spotted raerae
Vote: joth

I agree with this. Great spot, Raerae!

I find myself in the unusual-for-me position of townreading Joseph a bit now, too.

Maxford

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 09, 2019, 07:41:47 pm »

Scummy people:
Max, Joth, faust, Raptor, raerae

Not sure: SA, Joseph, Galzria (we want more!)

Towny: Maxford

@Galzria Thoughs on my alignment or wagon?

Scummy people: (easy scumread, easy scumread, easy scumread, lurker scumread, original scumread)

Not sure: (original "townread", townread so he doesn't vote me, lurker townread)

Towny: Newbie

This reads list has a clear agenda behind it. I would like to see real townreads other than ford, almost every read here is free (the SA and raerae reads are original, however, it's not all scummy).

Also please don't call me max, it took me a while to see where I was in the readslist.

If joth was town, I would expect him to exert more energy on making that apparent to other townies. I may be projecting, but see my indignant reaction to my wagon. I know when I'm wrongly suspected, it becomes my #1 priority to show townies I'm town, even over having my own vote on someone who's scum.
Is your way of showing townies that you're town to call everyone scum? That's not working very well for me.

Didn't Eevee say the complete opposite just now? There's an objectively better thing to quote for that, which is Eevee's previous (two) post(s).

Eevee's D1 posts are somewhat towny however, they were opposing both wagons (but mostly the shraeye wagon) which is towny. I want to see where this wagon goes while I reread LL/Galz/Raptor.

This looks like a possible place Mix might have breadcrumbed. The LL/Galz/Raptor mention is interesting, because at that point, if I remember correctly, there wasn't much to reread from LL and Galz (nor Raptor I think). While I think it's very unlikely that Raptor is scum, this post makes me update a little bit in the direction that scum!Raptor could have detected the traitor and decided to sacrifice him.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 09, 2019, 07:44:29 pm »

If you only want to know who he voted for and when, it's this:
D1 #67 shraeye
D1 #81 raerae
D1 #89 Joseph
D1 #144 Raptor
D1 #156 joth
D1 #182 LaLight
D1 #215 joth
D1 #285 unvote
D1 #316 raptor
D1 #333 joth
D1 #334 LaLight
D1 #350 Galzria
D1 #427 LaLight
D1 #440 shraeye
D1 #441 joth
D1 #484 shraeye
D1 #500 joth
D1 #521 ADK
D1 #531 joth
D1 #544 shraeye
D1 #557 joth
D1 #566 shraeye
D2 #615 faust
D2 #637 Space
D2 #690 LaLight
D2 #705 Eevee
D2 #830 Raptor
D2 #848 MiX

Maxford

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 09, 2019, 07:44:57 pm »

I mean, you're the most experienced player here so you should know better!

That said, I suppose that a way MiX could have signalled his scummyness could have been by voting for his scumbuddies in succession, so just having a look at the list of his votes could be interesting.

PPE: yeap, that's what I wanted

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 09, 2019, 07:53:32 pm »

Indicating he knows he shouldn't use his power N1.  So tell me, what self-respecting doctor uses their power when they're likely to be the NK on the guy they think is trying to force claims?

Vote: joth

More thinking on this: maybe the reason he had to say he'd protected MiX is that he actually did target MiX N1, and was concerned about the possibility of a tracker.

But if he targeted MiX, what was he doing? RBing is unlikely, because MiX himself flipped RB, and obviously the NK landed elsewhere. Maybe role cop? In which case, coming into D2, the scum team could have known with certainty that MiX was theirs (assuming they had a way to disseminate the investigation information between them in private). It's kind of a stretch, and maybe Joth just being careless with his answer is more likely, but at the same time, it's worth considering.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 09, 2019, 07:55:01 pm »

Haha.. out of the two of us, yes, but many of the others have way more experience than me!!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 09, 2019, 08:14:12 pm »

Am I not getting my explanation for the joth/MiX thing then? :(

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 09, 2019, 09:12:19 pm »

As before, I think there's a good chance that Joth is scum, but it's especially backed up by the way MiX behaved on the Joth wagon at the end of D1.
You're going to have to explain that some more.

Okay, so mid-D1 there's stuff like #375, where MiX just paints Joth as super-townie. He doubles down on it at #379. At that point in the game, Joth and Galz have the leading wagons at three apiece. When pressured, he makes a couple of posts that say that Joth isn't as townie as he'd thought (#391, #392), but he doesn't vote, only pretend-votes. Note that these involve doing what apparently amounts to a comprehensive Joth-read.

MiX votes Shraeye at #440 and then immediately moves to Joth at #441, but with an instruction to the game at large not to hammer (though it was only taking Joth to 5 votes, the first four being Galz, me, LL and Shraeye). At #452 he uses not having re-read enough as a reason not to unvote Joth, i.e. something he can undo by claiming to have read things at any moment to justify flinching from the wagon. And also, what does he think happened between #392 and here that negate the careful re-read he already claimed he did? At #458 he says he was re-reading, and was voting Joth to add pressure while doing the re-read.

I don't like #484 at all:
We need joth here. But I think the objectively better thing to do here is

Vote: shraeye

And hope everything works out? I was reading joth, going to read shraeye next.

I admit that MiX's jump back to Joth at #500 doesn't fully fit with the thread of either saying Joth's town or half-heartedly saying he might be scummy but more reading is needed. However, I think he's also trying to sew confusion that keeps people away from the Joth wagon, since those of us toughing it out there have made it clear we prefer Joth over Shraeye.

At #521 he votes ADK with some very weird and jumpy reasoning. This was around 4.5 hours till deadline (assuming LL is correct at #524), and ADK at that point had no wagon. This was not helpful consolidating townie behaviour.

#525: MiX seems to be whiteknighting Shraeye, and calls the Joth wagon "okay-ish", but seems very focused on finding some other alternative. Again, this is really close to deadline: far too close for many players to be likely to make a switch. Plus, he's still going on about needing to re-read.

#531 And back to Joth again, after making a fuss over ADK with a false accusation about voting patterns.

#544 Uses a quote from Joseph to move back to Shraeye. That's a super-weak reason, and not one I'd expect from someone doing so much re-reading. Given that I was particularly invested in the Joth wagon because I actually scumread Joth, it was annoying to see such poor reasoning from someone who's talking so much about re-reading!

Then there's this:
Space Count

Shraeye (7): A Drowned Kernel, faust, Joseph2302, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Maxford, MiX
jotheonah (5): Galzria, SpaceAnemone, LaLight, raerae, Eevee
faust (1): Shraeye
Not Voting (1): Xxraptorslayer96

So Shraeye is at L-1, and MiX jumped off Joth the moment the wagons evened up, which might be telling for later.

Oh, and at #555 there's me explaining why MiX's voting whims were not helpful. And it goes on with MiX jumping around, facilitating Joth's claim a bit, then being back on Shraeye again for deadline. I was in no way surprised that MiX flipped scum, and as I said at the time, it specifically seemed like MiX was protecting Joth. I think given that I had an independent pre-existing suspicion on Joth anyway, and now know that MiX flipped scum, it's entirely reasonable to strengthen my estimate of how likely Joth is to be scum as a result.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 09, 2019, 09:12:44 pm »

Am I not getting my explanation for the joth/MiX thing then? :(

Nope, it turns out that I am just not getting my sleep :-P

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 09, 2019, 09:42:43 pm »

I guess what I don't quite see is that MiX is trying to protect joth when he actually voted for joth a lot, says he's okay with the wagon, and generally just flipflops all over the place. To me that is more indicative of scum changing reads on town opportunistically.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2019, 08:34:32 am »

Haha.. out of the two of us, yes, but many of the others have way more experience than me!!
I would say Space is about #6-7 on most experienced players on here
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 10, 2019, 08:35:24 am »

And I like my vote on joth. Their story for the game doesn't add up, so we've caught scum in a lie. I just don't see why it has to be more complicated than that
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.