Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 151753 times)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 2!
« Reply #850 on: November 05, 2019, 05:51:15 pm »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 05, 2019, 05:53:04 pm »

This is just the break we needed!

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 05, 2019, 05:59:40 pm »

This is beautiful.

Raptor (which autocorrects to Realtor and I'm not sad about), were your reads based on your impressions or your impressions+MiX's interactions? Anything else you want to share since you're a likely target for the NK now?

Yeah I’m probably gone tonight. Mostly based off interactions/ how often Mix bounced around votes on D1. If I had to guess he was voting for 1/2 of his partners at one point just to make himself look innocent, and distant himself it one flipped. I think that obviously everyone should go reread Mix but you are pretty much top of my scum list after reading through day 1. Sorry if I’m wrong.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 05, 2019, 06:04:42 pm »

Vote: MiX

See ya.

Hey Raptor, is Swan awake at this time? How long do you think twilight is? I hope it's short.

Sucks that we killed Didds, she would've loved to revel in a scum kill in broad daylight...

Hey ADK, win this game for town, won't you please?

Traitor, good luck out there. Godspeed.

Fellow scumbuddies...you exist.

This is my last post. Just doing it for the filler. Filler is fun. Filler is anti-town. I love filler.

I have a billion of other things I wanna say but those help town :(

Goodbye.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 05, 2019, 06:06:06 pm »

This is beautiful.

Raptor (which autocorrects to Realtor and I'm not sad about), were your reads based on your impressions or your impressions+MiX's interactions? Anything else you want to share since you're a likely target for the NK now?

Yeah I’m probably gone tonight. Mostly based off interactions/ how often Mix bounced around votes on D1. If I had to guess he was voting for 1/2 of his partners at one point just to make himself look innocent, and distant himself it one flipped. I think that obviously everyone should go reread Mix but you are pretty much top of my scum list after reading through day 1. Sorry if I’m wrong.

Weirdly, Raerae ranks quite high on my townreads, though I'll do an iso just in case.

I'm glad that at least my scuread on MiX seems to have been accurate! Well played, Raptor! What made you investigate MiX over Raerae though?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 05, 2019, 06:06:58 pm »

This is beautiful.

Super wrong but you do you, boo.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 05, 2019, 06:07:33 pm »

Vote: MiX

See ya.

Hey Raptor, is Swan awake at this time? How long do you think twilight is? I hope it's short.

Sucks that we killed Didds, she would've loved to revel in a scum kill in broad daylight...

Hey ADK, win this game for town, won't you please?

Traitor, good luck out there. Godspeed.

Fellow scumbuddies...you exist.

This is my last post. Just doing it for the filler. Filler is fun. Filler is anti-town. I love filler.

I have a billion of other things I wanna say but those help town :(

Goodbye.

He is awake, he will probably hop on in the next 30 min or so, We start work then lol

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 05, 2019, 06:09:40 pm »

This is beautiful.

Weirdly, Raerae ranks quite high on my townreads, though I'll do an iso just in case.

I'm glad that at least my scuread on MiX seems to have been accurate! Well played, Raptor! What made you investigate MiX over Raerae though?

I didn’t really suspect RaeRae till I knew Mix was scum and read there interactions. I can be wrong. I’m not the best scum!hunter but I had a good feeling and got lucky with mix.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 05, 2019, 06:29:35 pm »

Day 2 Final Vote Count:

MiX (7): SpaceAnemone, raerae, Raptor, Eevee, faust, joseph, MiX
Eevee (1):  jotheonah
faust (1):  Maxford
Joseph2302 (1): A Drowned Kernel
jotheonah (1): LaLight

Not Voting (1): Galzria

With 12 players alive, it took 7 to lynch.
Day 2 has ended.
Night 2 starts now, and it ends Thursday, October 7th at 6:25pm EST.
Night actions due within the next 24 hours please!

THREAD LOCKED!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:22:58 pm by DatSwan »
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 05, 2019, 06:29:41 pm »

"We should of known better!"

"How were we supposed to know one of them were on OUR side?!?!"

"We did not plan for this... this will surely complicate matters moving forward..."

MiX has been lynched! They were the Joker, the Evil King-Aligned Traitor.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 06, 2019, 04:10:25 pm »

I have decided that my initial idea on how to reveal certain flips would be unfair to all alignments. From this point forward, all roles will flip with any PRs they had associated with them.

Please note the only change to date: MiX was the Joker, the Evil King Aligned 2-Shot Roleblocker Traitor
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:12:58 pm by DatSwan »
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 07, 2019, 06:46:52 pm »

The Deck celebrates through the night, thrilled with their finding of the Traitor...

"I knew there was something off about that MiX fellow."
"Yes, Yes... they were always acting like such a joker... no one behaves that way in such a stressful situation!"
   "Here, Here!", clamors the Deck, "Begone with them!"

But then, in the last hours of the celebration, a Card comes bursting through the doors. Fatigued and hysterical, they slam their corners on the table and exclaim...

"CARDS! THEY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! And this time... to one we knew to be one of us!"

ADK has been killed at night. They were the 2 of Clubs, the Numerically-Aligned Day 2 Innocent Child.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 07, 2019, 06:47:53 pm »

DAY 3 STARTS NOW!

Vote Count 3.0:

Not Voting (10):
faust, Joseph2302, jotheonah, Maxford, Eevee, Galzria, SpaceAnemone, LaLight, raerae, xxraptorslayer96

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on Thursday, November 14th at 6:53pm EST.

THREAD UNLOCKED
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 07:03:53 pm by DatSwan »
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 07, 2019, 07:24:13 pm »

I don't think I'd expected MiX to flip traitor, given that a portion of my scumread on him was based on his interaction with other people I'm suspicious of. Did anyone else retrospectively look for traitor breadcrumbing from him? I really didn't find anything that looked likely till quite far through the game, which means I'm not sure how early to expect the rest of the scumteam to have been aware of him.. and I still think that dynamic makes the wagons harder to read. At least we know that the other three remaining scums have all known about each other from the start.

As before, I think there's a good chance that Joth is scum, but it's especially backed up by the way MiX behaved on the Joth wagon at the end of D1.

I'd be approximately 96% happy to treat Raptor as the new IC. I think the chance he'd have pulled off that exact thing as scum just to try to IC himself is low, even if scum collectively though MiX was behaving like a liability or something.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 07, 2019, 07:38:39 pm »

Also, Joth, you should probably offer some explanation of why the IC didn't survive a single night when we have an alleged doctor in the game.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 07, 2019, 07:40:44 pm »

I don't think I'd expected MiX to flip traitor, given that a portion of my scumread on him was based on his interaction with other people I'm suspicious of. Did anyone else retrospectively look for traitor breadcrumbing from him? I really didn't find anything that looked likely till quite far through the game, which means I'm not sure how early to expect the rest of the scumteam to have been aware of him.. and I still think that dynamic makes the wagons harder to read. At least we know that the other three remaining scums have all known about each other from the start.

As before, I think there's a good chance that Joth is scum, but it's especially backed up by the way MiX behaved on the Joth wagon at the end of D1.

I'd be approximately 96% happy to treat Raptor as the new IC. I think the chance he'd have pulled off that exact thing as scum just to try to IC himself is low, even if scum collectively though MiX was behaving like a liability or something.

Raptor can’t pull that off as scum, as there was no reasonable way for him to know MiX was Traitor if he himself is scum, and it’s a dumb 1-1 trade if he’s wrong and MiX flips town.

I disagree with your assessment of MiX’s interactions regarding the Joth wagon D1, but concede that I strongly preferred Joth’s lynch to Shraeye’s (hence my vote where it was), and nothing Joth has done (or not done) has changed that. However I categorically will not be a part of lynching Joth today (or likely any day prior to a forced MyLo/LyLo or until the other 2 scum are gone) on the chance that he’s town and can actually Doctor a NK. Especially with a scum RB gone, I’m willing to gamble on Joth (if town) being able to Doctor freely. That said, I’m more than open to hearing out partner arguments that look at Joth as scum though.

I did make one mistake in reading my vote counts yesterday: I thought MiX forced Joth’s claim, but it was Raptor.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 07, 2019, 07:50:20 pm »

Agree we can treat Raptor as town.

Important to note that scum wouldn’t have known they’d have a roleblocker before the flip, so his existence doesn’t for example explain joth’s survival that first night.

Hitting traitor is less amazing (of course still good) - since the team didn’t know Mix, rereading how people acted towards Mix is not really useful. Of course we still have who Mix wanted to lynch and who they wanted to deflect from to analyze.

I need to reread Mix, but it probably has to wait until monday, busy weekend. Happy the game is back afoot still! This is another crucial day for us. Team of 3 mafia against 7 town currently, so a scum lynch would probably set up a 6-2 while a town lynch would lead to a 5-3.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 07, 2019, 08:43:15 pm »

joth, who'd you target and why N1?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 07, 2019, 11:55:43 pm »

I’m pretty surprised that I survived the night. I’m also really bummed that MiX was traitor. A lot of my reads were assuming they were Mix was sucm.

Does the traitor normally know sucm but scum doesn’t know traitor, just to clarify?

And very much second that Joth needs to share some answers.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 08, 2019, 12:59:03 am »

Yeah, given that MiX probably was trying to send signals as hard as he could, I totally agree and still think Joth is scum.

What's left is actually lynch him
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 08, 2019, 02:25:37 am »

I’m pretty surprised that I survived the night. I’m also really bummed that MiX was traitor. A lot of my reads were assuming they were Mix was sucm.

Does the traitor normally know sucm but scum doesn’t know traitor, just to clarify?

And very much second that Joth needs to share some answers.
Yes traitor knows mafia but not vice versa
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 08, 2019, 02:26:07 am »

And I've been looking for breadcrunbs but not seen many from MiX's interactions
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:31 am »

Also, Joth, you should probably offer some explanation of why the IC didn't survive a single night when we have an alleged doctor in the game.

I doctored raptor. I’m a 2-shot Doctor. That made me think that perhaps raptor’s a 2-shot cop and lied about being 1-shot. It’s an old trick to keep scum from NKing you. But I also figured scum would see through it. If I’m scum I shoot cop over IC every time.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 08, 2019, 07:50:15 am »

That means I’m just a VT now so I guess if you all want to lynch me not too much is lost. Other than a chance to hit scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 08, 2019, 07:57:51 am »

You're going to have to explain that some more.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 20 queries.