Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 151755 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game has Started!!!
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2019, 07:04:58 am »

Vote: joth
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 24, 2019, 07:32:17 am »

Seems my last vote didn't work.

Vote: ADK

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 24, 2019, 09:35:06 am »

unofficial VC

ADK (3): shraeye, Joth, LaLight
        Joth(3): MiX, Galz, faust
        Joseph(1): Eevee
        Shraeye(1): ADK
        Raptor(1): Space
        Eevee(1): RaeRae
        Galzria(1): Raptor
        RaeRae(1): Joseph
        MiX (1): Didds
        Didds (1): Joseph

Not Voting (1): Maxford

That was a towny explanation from ADK. As much as I hate to make myself the top wagon by moving my vote, I don't like it there much.

vote: MiX
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 24, 2019, 09:56:52 am »

That was a towny explanation from ADK. As much as I hate to make myself the top wagon by moving my vote, I don't like it there much.

At LEAST do something that lets me untunnel man. Why do I get the vote?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2019, 10:28:17 am »

unofficial VC

ADK (3): shraeye, Joth, LaLight
        Joth(3): MiX, Galz, faust
        Joseph(1): Eevee
        Shraeye(1): ADK
        Raptor(1): Space
        Eevee(1): RaeRae
        Galzria(1): Raptor
        RaeRae(1): Joseph
        MiX (1): Didds
        Didds (1): Joseph

Not Voting (1): Maxford

joseph is on that vote count twice (he's currently voting for raerae I believe) and raptor should be on joseph
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 24, 2019, 10:31:57 am »

actually faust's point is both relevant and irrelevant to my reaction.

When I saw shraeye claim I immediately wanted to vote for him, because why the hell would you~

Then I didn't because, well, why would scum do it. If I was scum, and shraeye would be town, I would vote for him, I am pretty sure. So, well, vote: ADK seems awesome to me!

Also Space is clearly town!Space.

Also L-2 I think?

Why is space town? I'm genuinely curious, space is a player that I have a null read on 90% of the time, including now
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 24, 2019, 10:36:42 am »

I would vote for joth if people really don't want to join me on shraeye. His mix vote is pretty lazy and he's self-consciously mention the size of his own wagon twice now I think
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 24, 2019, 10:38:12 am »

I would vote for joth if people really don't want to join me on shraeye. His mix vote is pretty lazy and he's self-consciously mention the size of his own wagon twice now I think

Do you think he’s scummy, though?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 24, 2019, 10:39:44 am »

Yes, for the reasons I said
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2019, 10:57:15 am »

Wouldn't leaving my vote on you be lazier?

I think my MiX vote is fine. I agree with Didds that MiX is playing off-meta. He's playing lazy. And his case on me is garbage.

And like, yeah, I'm concerned about getting lynched. Guilty. Sue me. Consider: there may be reasons for this other than me being scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2019, 11:42:14 am »

I'm just gonna

Unvote

And assume I'm right about something.

I think my MiX vote is fine. I agree with Didds that MiX is playing off-meta. He's playing lazy. And his case on me is garbage.

Yes, yes I am, sorry, I haven't been getting into this game as much as I'd like. And I think Didds is towny for spoting that. You're still lazier.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2019, 12:22:39 pm »

I'll also unvote. Meh y'all are too towny. Someone do something overtly scummy plz.

He/him

Maxford

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Maxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2019, 03:03:29 pm »

Ok, so, maybe I should lay out what I was thinking with the whole flavor/shraeye thing

There was some discussion going on about whether or not there could be a connection between flavor name or role. There's nothing in the setup post indicating either way. People who have PRs might have insight into whether or not that's the case. If there's a lot of discussion of the subject, those people could inadvertently slip and reveal info to scum. Given that there doesn't seem to be any real benefit to the discussion, it made sense to me to say that we just shouldn't talk about it

shraeye then, in direct response to that, claims his flavor name. This action pretty much baits people into discussing the subject again, because it's a very ostentatious move, while allowing him cover behind "lol I'm just being wacky town". It's very similar to what I did in the Falling Skies game when I claimed my number right off the bat, basically because I wanted people to talk about numbers and flavor so that I could narrow down who my lynchee was. It's PR hunting with plausible deniability, which to me reads as extremely scummy

I'll look at some of these other wagons tomorrow morning, but I am honestly super happy with my shraeye vote and invite people to join me there

This sounds highly reasonable to me.

Also, I'm not quite sure why people are reading Space as towny. Admittedly, I've got a bias towards them -as in I have a vivid impression of them in my head, so it's easier to find connections between the things they say - but I find it strange that they first gave faust a one day pass because they thought faust would be an asset to town either way, and then gave faust towny points when they got the probabilities of people being scum right. It seems like a slight inconsistency, and, at least in real life mafia-like games, that's what I look for in scummy players.

vote: Space

(As a caveat, I'm still not super confident in my vote, and I'm mostly voting against Space to give them a chance to explain their behavior.)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2019, 03:05:39 pm »

I find it strange that they first gave faust a one day pass because they thought faust would be an asset to town either way, and then gave faust towny points when they got the probabilities of people being scum right. It seems like a slight inconsistency, and, at least in real life mafia-like games, that's what I look for in scummy players.
I'm not sure what the inconsistency here is. Can you explain?

Maxford

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Maxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2019, 03:16:36 pm »

I find it strange that they first gave faust a one day pass because they thought faust would be an asset to town either way, and then gave faust towny points when they got the probabilities of people being scum right. It seems like a slight inconsistency, and, at least in real life mafia-like games, that's what I look for in scummy players.

Sure. It is inconsistent to think of you as someone who's good at data analysis and probabilities, even when scum, and also think you would make a mistake in probabilities as a scum. Does that make sense?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 24, 2019, 03:18:08 pm »

Ok, so, maybe I should lay out what I was thinking with the whole flavor/shraeye thing

There was some discussion going on about whether or not there could be a connection between flavor name or role. There's nothing in the setup post indicating either way. People who have PRs might have insight into whether or not that's the case. If there's a lot of discussion of the subject, those people could inadvertently slip and reveal info to scum. Given that there doesn't seem to be any real benefit to the discussion, it made sense to me to say that we just shouldn't talk about it

shraeye then, in direct response to that, claims his flavor name. This action pretty much baits people into discussing the subject again, because it's a very ostentatious move, while allowing him cover behind "lol I'm just being wacky town". It's very similar to what I did in the Falling Skies game when I claimed my number right off the bat, basically because I wanted people to talk about numbers and flavor so that I could narrow down who my lynchee was. It's PR hunting with plausible deniability, which to me reads as extremely scummy

I'll look at some of these other wagons tomorrow morning, but I am honestly super happy with my shraeye vote and invite people to join me there

This sounds highly reasonable to me.

Also, I'm not quite sure why people are reading Space as towny. Admittedly, I've got a bias towards them -as in I have a vivid impression of them in my head, so it's easier to find connections between the things they say - but I find it strange that they first gave faust a one day pass because they thought faust would be an asset to town either way, and then gave faust towny points when they got the probabilities of people being scum right. It seems like a slight inconsistency, and, at least in real life mafia-like games, that's what I look for in scummy players.

vote: Space

(As a caveat, I'm still not super confident in my vote, and I'm mostly voting against Space to give them a chance to explain their behavior.)

That's quite literally the easiest vote you could've made this game! Do you have any other reads?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 24, 2019, 03:19:30 pm »

Ah, I thought those were reasons he was lazy, not scummy.

I see Joth doing more work than some other folks. Maybe some of the votes are lazy, but’s he’s not.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 24, 2019, 03:22:56 pm »

Sure. It is inconsistent to think of you as someone who's good at data analysis and probabilities, even when scum, and also think you would make a mistake in probabilities as a scum. Does that make sense?
I mean, you only have to think that there's a nonzero probability of me getting it wrong... it might be a very weak read, but I don't think there's anything inconsistent about it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 24, 2019, 03:23:14 pm »

Ah, I thought those were reasons he was lazy, not scummy.

I see Joth doing more work than some other folks. Maybe some of the votes are lazy, but’s he’s not.

That's nice of you to say, but I have been kind of lazy this game. Maybe I bit off two much with simultaneous games, maybe I just don't love day 1. In any event, laziness is not a scumtell. Idk why we're acting like it is. Scum is both actually working hard and more concerned with looking like they're working hard.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 24, 2019, 03:33:05 pm »

In any event, laziness is not a scumtell. Idk why we're acting like it is. Scum is both actually working hard and more concerned with looking like they're working hard.
The day that the meta on this site shifts to "lurking is a towntell" is the day I will stop playing. Town should definitely be working at least as hard as scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 24, 2019, 03:36:13 pm »

In any event, laziness is not a scumtell. Idk why we're acting like it is. Scum is both actually working hard and more concerned with looking like they're working hard.
The day that the meta on this site shifts to "lurking is a towntell" is the day I will stop playing. Town should definitely be working at least as hard as scum.

Lurking is a nothing-tell. But on day 1, town is in a very different headspace than scum. It's the day when town has zero info and scum has lots of info. So town is more likely to be kind of overwhelmed and adrift-- they have nothing to work with. Scum has to imitate that but actually they know exactly who's scum and who they need to avoid lynching.

I'm not saying laziness is good or should be rewarded. I'm saying it's understandable on day 1, and on balance more likely to come from town.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 24, 2019, 03:41:39 pm »

I mean, you only have to think that there's a nonzero probability of me getting it wrong... it might be a very weak read, but I don't think there's anything inconsistent about it.

I think this is lower than the odds of you doing that as town, so if anything it's a scumtell??

That ship has sailed when I arrived and got votes every game based on being active. And it will burn when you're ever lynched D1, but we're all trying to not let that happen.

Lurking is a nothing-tell. But on day 1, town is in a very different headspace than scum. It's the day when town has zero info and scum has lots of info. So town is more likely to be kind of overwhelmed and adrift-- they have nothing to work with. Scum has to imitate that but actually they know exactly who's scum and who they need to avoid lynching.

I'm not saying laziness is good or should be rewarded. I'm saying it's understandable on day 1, and on balance more likely to come from town.

Everything comes more from town...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 24, 2019, 03:43:44 pm »

Lurking is a nothing-tell.
[...]
 on balance more likely to come from town.
So which is it?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2019, 03:44:13 pm »

[...]
So which is it?

Do you want to lynch joth today?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2019, 03:51:03 pm »

[...]
So which is it?

Do you want to lynch joth today?
Maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.