Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 151425 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game has Started!!!
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2019, 06:40:38 pm »

Faust is making logical sense! That's a town tell for him :-)

This is yet another joke right?

It's a half-joke. I think when faust's scum, the tell is that I don't always find him as logical and consistent as when he's town. I'm sure I've mentioned it several times.

Also, while you're here, can you tell me what you know of Maxford? And raptor, while you're at it.

Maxford is a lovely person I met at choir a couple of months ago. Mostly we're each other's board game fix :-) He's smart, logical, doesn't enjoy coop games as much as competitive ones, kind of has a penchant for evil, and I really have no idea what his meta is going to be like...

As for Raptor.. I've played a game (or two?) with him before, but I'm sure there are better-qualified to describe him.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - All Full Up - Delayed Start
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2019, 06:43:12 pm »

Hello Maxford! I saw your pronoun is he, can you introduce yourself and tell us your mafia history/experience?

Hi Mix, Hi everyone,

Yes I go by "he" pronouns, and I'm completely new to online mafia, still figuring out how everything works, what all the acronyms mean, etc. But I'm definitely excited to be a part of this!

How did you manage to post on here while carrying on a FB conversation with me at the same time, while I wasn't managing to finish my post? :-P

Also, what are we going to do about the fact that people are likely to start calling you Max, which will be massively confusing for me since that's not your name, and confusing for people in here who might be called Max or Mix...? Can we call you Ford, like in H2G2? :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2019, 06:47:31 pm »

Hello Maxford! I saw your pronoun is he, can you introduce yourself and tell us your mafia history/experience?

Hi Mix, Hi everyone,

Yes I go by "he" pronouns, and I'm completely new to online mafia, still figuring out how everything works, what all the acronyms mean, etc. But I'm definitely excited to be a part of this!

How did you manage to post on here while carrying on a FB conversation with me at the same time, while I wasn't managing to finish my post? :-P

Also, what are we going to do about the fact that people are likely to start calling you Max, which will be massively confusing for me since that's not your name, and confusing for people in here who might be called Max or Mix...? Can we call you Ford, like in H2G2? :-)

Omg omg omg using private info ingame omg omg omg

I'm fine with ford, also wish there was anything else in my name, but how can you hate something that is its own abreviation?

My current vote isn't good but this time it's not my fault so it should stay.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2019, 06:58:37 pm »

Huh? I didn't use anything I shouldn't have, did I? I don't think it's much different from me playing in the same games as Haddock back in the day...

Maxford

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Maxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2019, 06:59:35 pm »

Hi Mix, Hi everyone,

How many games of mafia have you played?

As in, real life mafia? I've played a lot of Avalon and Werewolves type games (too many to keep count), but playing it online seems a whole different story.

Also, while you're here, can you tell me what you know of Maxford? And raptor, while you're at it.

Maxford is a lovely person I met at choir a couple of months ago. Mostly we're each other's board game fix :-) He's smart, logical, doesn't enjoy coop games as much as competitive ones, kind of has a penchant for evil, and I really have no idea what his meta is going to be like...

Thanks for the compliments Space! I admit I do have a penchant for evil...

Hi Mix, Hi everyone,

Ford is fine, but is Maxford really that much longer to type to warrant the use of a nickname?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2019, 07:02:47 pm »

Huh? I didn't use anything I shouldn't have, did I? I don't think it's much different from me playing in the same games as Haddock back in the day...

It's not, I'm joking, if you couldn't tell by the "omg".

Ford's answers help, I guess he's as experienced as I was. And yes, maxford is too long, at least when ppl will inevitably call you max.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2019, 07:13:11 pm »

maxford is too long, at least when ppl will inevitably call you max.

Take this game as a sample: some people can't even manage the vowels in "people" ;-)

I think I really want MiX, Maxford and faust to be the scumteam so they could be MiXfaurd.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2019, 07:17:25 pm »

Take this game as a sample: some people can't even manage the vowels in "people" ;-)

I think I really want MiX, Maxford and faust to be the scumteam so they could be MiXfaurd.

Dream team! I think.

Space, got any insights that you wanna share or any early votes? I know you don't do much D1 but still.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2019, 07:24:57 pm »

I don't see any reason to think that prs are tied to specific cards but more importantly people should stop talking about it
I'm the seven of spades

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - All Full Up - Delayed Start
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2019, 07:25:50 pm »

Hi Mix, Hi everyone,

TBLPD

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2019, 07:28:39 pm »

It seems like everybody's making jokes that get misunderstood.  Raeraes joke is better than mine.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2019, 07:31:13 pm »

vote: shraeye
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2019, 07:33:11 pm »

8)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2019, 07:42:40 pm »

Space, got any insights that you wanna share or any early votes? I know you don't do much D1 but still.

I'm the D1 lemon :-)

I've RVS'd WCD already, so I'm good!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2019, 07:44:46 pm »

Hrm.. lest I get accused of being too fluffy a lemon, let me channel the anti-Awaclus here! The people I'm probably not voting for D1 are:

1) Lalight because it's been forever since we've been in a game together. I can also generally read him.
2) Maxford for a newbie pass and also because I need him to live long enough to see what his meta looks like.
3) faust because he's obliged to be useful even as scum.
4) Eevee, because he'll make the place happier :-)

That means my current D1 lynch pool is people numbered 2-9 on the signup post.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2019, 07:55:03 pm »

It seems like everybody's making jokes that get misunderstood.  Raeraes joke is better than mine.
It's fine, without ppl misunderstanding jokes we would get other ppl to explain them, and we all know that's the best part of a joke.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2019, 07:56:37 pm »

Vote: ADK

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2019, 08:00:34 pm »

How much do you want it though? This is a clear lack of enthusiasm:

The people I'm probably not voting for D1 are:

[...] Maxford [...] faust

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2019, 08:14:24 pm »

How much do you want it though? This is a clear lack of enthusiasm:

The people I'm probably not voting for D1 are:

[...] Maxford [...] faust

Dang, you're in a different timezone now, aren't you? I should've gone to sleep by now.

Anyway, even if there's a MiXfaurd team, I only need to lynch one of you per day, and MiX is conveniently not on my no-D1-lynch list. So you'd better coach him carefully not to scumslip :-P

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2019, 08:38:21 pm »

It's fine, without ppl misunderstanding jokes we would get other ppl to explain them, and we all know that's the best part of a joke.
It is!! That's because explanations always enhance the humor inherent in a joke.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2019, 08:41:58 pm »

Seems solid, I'm in.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2019, 08:42:43 pm »

Eerry single time.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2019, 08:59:41 pm »

Eerry single time.

Obvi
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2019, 10:32:50 pm »

Hrm.. lest I get accused of being too fluffy a lemon, let me channel the anti-Awaclus here! The people I'm probably not voting for D1 are:

1) Lalight because it's been forever since we've been in a game together. I can also generally read him.
2) Maxford for a newbie pass and also because I need him to live long enough to see what his meta looks like.

So I can get behind the other three but I'm not sure I love your "faust is helpful!" reasoning. The others are emotional but that one is just sort of random, sandwiched in the middle, and (watch out, my bias is showing) not that true. Is this a hard list or does it have some bend?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2019, 05:51:04 am »

So I can get behind the other three but I'm not sure I love your "faust is helpful!" reasoning. The others are emotional but that one is just sort of random, sandwiched in the middle, and (watch out, my bias is showing) not that true. Is this a hard list or does it have some bend?

That's just part of the "don't lynch faust D1" thinking which is pretty much correct and a lot of people follow.

Vote: ADK

Unexplained or looking for people to question the reason so you can explain afterwards?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56  All

Page created in 3.152 seconds with 20 queries.