Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 176996 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: September 07, 2019, 11:53:37 am »

Great, so glad we are going to do a last minute lynch just because deadline is approaching, possibly with not enough people around, almost certainly hitting town... instead of the duel. You people really are the worst!

How would the duel have been better? I wonder if you even really believe what you are saying.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 07, 2019, 12:05:48 pm »

Would scum!Robz be this anti-town? Yes. Would town!Robz? Yes. So I'm voting him for being anti-town. pubby's vote on Robz was pretty opportunistic, so I might go back to him. I don't want to vote out of annoyance. But I also don't want this force of chaos muddling us up.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 07, 2019, 12:18:01 pm »

Would scum!Robz be this anti-town? Yes. Would town!Robz? Yes. So I'm voting him for being anti-town. pubby's vote on Robz was pretty opportunistic, so I might go back to him. I don't want to vote out of annoyance. But I also don't want this force of chaos muddling us up.

The problem I have with this is...you said Robz isn't scum with pubby right? But they're also not very likely to be town together, yes? This means we actually need to decide on which of them is scum, otherwise scum can just vote for the town one and we'll end up wondering why we let scum get away. This is similar to the duel problem: if we're undecisive, scum has full control over the duel outcome. Sure, maybe we get better reads...but what we want is dead scum in our hands.

So go reread Robz. Go reread pubby. Come back with answers. I'll do the same.

Oh, and I didn't finish my reread, but I don't think I'm lynching anyone other than these 2.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #578 on: September 07, 2019, 12:25:07 pm »

Great, so glad we are going to do a last minute lynch just because deadline is approaching, possibly with not enough people around, almost certainly hitting town... instead of the duel. You people really are the worst!

We will have so much more information day 2 than if we'd had a duel. So much more. We're so much better off.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 07, 2019, 12:35:34 pm »

The problem I have with this is...you said Robz isn't scum with pubby right? But they're also not very likely to be town together, yes? This means we actually need to decide on which of them is scum, otherwise scum can just vote for the town one and we'll end up wondering why we let scum get away. This is similar to the duel problem: if we're undecisive, scum has full control over the duel outcome. Sure, maybe we get better reads...but what we want is dead scum in our hands.

Oh, and I didn't finish my reread, but I don't think I'm lynching anyone other than these 2.
I didn't say they couldn't both be town, just that it's not indicated that they are by the vca.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 07, 2019, 01:02:47 pm »

Now Debate has risen up as a viable wagon, with {ADK, DatSwan and joth} on it. The emergence of a new wagon makes it more plausible that one of pubby-Robz is scum, with a partner in {ADK, Swan, joth}.

But these are all incremental shifts in likelihood. They could all be town, they could all be scum. Everyone on Debate's wagon could be scum (admittedly unlikely). It's fine if DatSwan has townreads on pubby and Robz, but I don't see how the VCA supports a conclusion that they must both be town. Did I miss something?

What is your read on MiX? Between DatSwan's vote count summary and VC 1.8 he votes Debatepro (#518), Glooble (#530), Debatepro (#535), and Pubby (#562) so his movement doesn't show in the data.

(My post # assume "Show most recent posts at the top" profile setting, if you have the default setting in place it is -1)
FNG

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 07, 2019, 01:05:13 pm »

Now Debate has risen up as a viable wagon, with {ADK, DatSwan and joth} on it. The emergence of a new wagon makes it more plausible that one of pubby-Robz is scum, with a partner in {ADK, Swan, joth}.

But these are all incremental shifts in likelihood. They could all be town, they could all be scum. Everyone on Debate's wagon could be scum (admittedly unlikely). It's fine if DatSwan has townreads on pubby and Robz, but I don't see how the VCA supports a conclusion that they must both be town. Did I miss something?

What is your read on MiX? Between DatSwan's vote count summary and VC 1.8 he votes Debatepro (#518), Glooble (#530), Debatepro (#535), and Pubby (#562) so his movement doesn't show in the data.

(My post # assume "Show most recent posts at the top" profile setting, if you have the default setting in place it is -1)

One day you will be scum, and you will rue the day you showed that pic.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 07, 2019, 01:33:20 pm »

One day you will be scum, and you will rue the day you showed that pic.

Uhg... my bad.
Vote#Post#By For
42508eJoseph
43508eRobz
44509DatSwanRobz
45510EFHWRobz
46511DebateproRobz
47512PubbyRobz
48514ADKDebatepro
49516DatSwanDebatepro
50518MiXDebatepro
51530MiXGlooble
52535MiXDebatepro
53540GloobleRobz
54542AwaclusPubby
55548JothDebatepro
56562MiXPubby
FNG

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 07, 2019, 02:25:12 pm »

Between the two, I'd rather lynch pubby

vote: pubby
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 07, 2019, 02:45:16 pm »

I’ll switch to pubby to get a lynch, but I’m not crazy about it.

I feel like town pubby doesn’t defend himself much which makes him a good mislynch go-to for scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 07, 2019, 02:47:34 pm »

I don't know about MiX. I usually have a stronger townread on him, but I don't really have a scum narrative on him, either. He's on the table.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 07, 2019, 02:51:19 pm »

I think Robz is town but I doubt there’s much scum in the five-vote pile-on because scum is scared to be that obvious.

Glooble’s gravitating toward the Robz wagon reaffirms my scumread on him.

I will most likely not be around at deadline, barring a bout of insomnia.

So let me get this straight- scum wouldn’t vote for Robz before people started questioning the Robz wagon because it would be “too obvious” but my voting for Robz after the wagon has been called out as scummy isn’t “too obvious”?

Sorry, how does that make any sense?

Robz, you baffle me. No one has articulated a real case on pubby, but you’re gung-ho about his lynch. But now you want a case for debatepro? What’s the difference? Is one of them your partner?

I mean to tbf his potential need for a "solid skum read" on pubby has probably lessened in the last 24 hours. Which is kind of fair.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 07, 2019, 02:58:19 pm »

Vote Count Previous

Glooble (3): jotheonah, MiX, A Drowned Kernel
Joseph (1): pubby
jotheonah (1): Glooble,
e (1): DatSwan
pubby (5): mcmcsalot, Joseph2302, Robz888, Awaclus, EFHW
Not Voting (3): Debatepro, 0Ix, e

Vote Count Current

Glooble (2): jotheonah, MiX
Robz (5): E, DatSwan, EFHW, Debatepro, Pubby
jotheonah (1): Glooble
pubby (4): mcmcsalot, Joseph2302, Robz888, Awaclus
Debatepro (1): ADK
Not Voting (1): 0IX

Adding in the most recent vc

Vote Count 1.8

Robz888 (5): e, EFHW, Debatepro, pubby, Glooble
Debatepro (3): A Drowned Kernel, DatSwan, jotheonah
pubby (5): mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, Awaclus, MiX

Not Voting (1): 0Ix

Now that I'm at a computer, I want to respond to DatSwan's conclusion that both Robz and pubby must be town here. I don't see it that way. I am the only one who switched from pubby to Robz, so it's not like they are interchangeable in many people's minds. And I had voted Robz previously, so it's not like I'm being all that opportunistic. Given their positions on each other's wagons, I do think pubby and Robz are unlikely to be partners, as I said before.

The quick building of the Robz wagon could be indication that he is town, if one or more of {EFHW, Debate, pubby} are scum. This makes pubby somewhat less likely to be town if Robz is town.

{mcmc, Joseph and Robz} have been steady on pubby's wagon for awhile now. He is among the easier mislynches, so Robz is somewhat less likely to be town if pubby is town.

If I used the words "must be both be town", that was a mistake. My inference was that pubby's wagon staying up with the mass piling on the Robz wagon made meel feel it unlikely that Robz was skum. I already felt it unlikely Pubby was skum.

EFHW has a good point about something I want to read more into before commenting on though. Be back in like 2 hours.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 07, 2019, 03:14:05 pm »

EFHW is infuriating me, which likely points to her being town.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 07, 2019, 03:56:45 pm »

Vote Count 1.9

Robz888 (5): e, EFHW, Debatepro, pubby, Glooble
Debatepro (2): DatSwan, jotheonah
pubby (6): mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, Awaclus, MiX, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (1): Uncleeurope

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep. 8, 06:30 forum time. That is in 14h 33m.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:45:50 pm by silverspawn »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 07, 2019, 04:00:56 pm »

*sigh* fine

vote: pubby

That’s L-1
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 07, 2019, 04:08:12 pm »

Probably last post before I die. I'm gonna flip town, robz is gonna flip town. EFHW is JK and scum is Joseph, Awaclus, Glooble.  8)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #592 on: September 07, 2019, 04:13:20 pm »

Probably last post before I die. I'm gonna flip town, robz is gonna flip town. EFHW is JK and scum is Joseph, Awaclus, Glooble.  8)

Well, that isn't true.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 07, 2019, 04:20:01 pm »

Actually I think vote: Robz has a better chance of hitting scum. Robz, maybe if you answer my question I’ll move my vote.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 07, 2019, 04:29:57 pm »

How about things that actually help us lynch someone else?

I'm going full reread mode, don't hammer in the next 90 minutes please.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 07, 2019, 04:33:51 pm »

Vote: Joseph, potential lynches are pubby/Robz/Joseph/Glooble in order of likelyness.

I'll reread all of their posts and come back with something maybe.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 07, 2019, 04:42:12 pm »

Uncleeurope replaces 0lx, effective immediately.

I've never gotten around to teaching my program to handle replacements, so I'll edit past votecounts to include him instead of 0lx.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 07, 2019, 04:43:44 pm »

Uuuuh. Hello Uncle. Sadly we're not partners, bah.

Have you been reading the game?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 07, 2019, 04:52:51 pm »

Vote Count 1.10

Robz888 (6): e, EFHW, Debatepro, pubby, Glooble, jotheonah
Debatepro (1): DatSwan
Joseph2302 (1): MiX
pubby (5): mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (1): Uncleeurope

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep. 8, 06:30 forum time. That is in 13h 37m.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 07, 2019, 05:15:47 pm »

Uuuuh. Hello Uncle. Sadly we're not partners, bah.

Have you been reading the game?

We aren’t partners?

Vote: MiX

I have been doin aggressive skimming, but not with the perspective of actually trying to solve anything.

I feel like lately I have been trying to avoid playing games, then inevitably seeing someone in a game need to be replaced. And then I just get the itch again to throw myself into the fray of aggressively defending my innocence one more.

Vote: e
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65  All

Page created in 2.32 seconds with 20 queries.