Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 177124 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2019, 10:35:34 am »

Vote Count 1.5

Glooble (2): jotheonah, MiX
Robz888 (1): pubby
jotheonah (3): Glooble, EFHW, A Drowned Kernel
e (1): DatSwan
MiX (1): Awaclus
pubby (2): mcmcsalot, Joseph2302

Not Voting (4): Debatepro, Uncleeurope, e, Robz888

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep. 8, 06:30 forum time. That is in 3 days and 19+ hours.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:46:02 pm by silverspawn »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2019, 11:02:50 am »

Oh good. For some reason I thought we had a lot less time.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 04, 2019, 11:08:07 am »

Vote Count 1.5

Glooble (2): jotheonah, MiX
Robz888 (1): pubby
jotheonah (3): Glooble, EFHW, A Drowned Kernel
e (1): DatSwan
MiX (1): Awaclus
pubby (2): mcmcsalot, Joseph2302

Not Voting (4): Debatepro, 0Ix, e, Robz888

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep. 8, 06:30 forum time. That is in 3 days and 19+ hours.

These are weak wagons. I want more stances on joth/Glooble guys. Come on how can I be the only one voting Glooble?

I'm not rereading the fight until more people talk about it, no point in doing so when I only want to talk after more people state what they think.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2019, 12:41:54 pm »

vote: Pubby. Absolutely no reason except I don’t like the other wagons and would prefer to lynch anyone like now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2019, 12:46:30 pm »

Here's a question for e: was there another player that, if you had been paired with, you would have voted "no"?

ooo that's a fun question.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 04, 2019, 01:48:29 pm »

vote: Pubby. Absolutely no reason except I don’t like the other wagons and would prefer to lynch anyone like now.

Can you show me a weak case that justifies this vote other any other?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 04, 2019, 01:51:22 pm »

Can you show me a weak case that justifies this vote over any other?

EBWOP

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 04, 2019, 03:56:26 pm »

Sorry, work these past two days has been busy.

Here's a question for e: was there another player that, if you had been paired with, you would have voted "no"?

Probably not. I sometimes do things randomly and change my mind at the last minute, but likely would have been a yes
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 04, 2019, 04:03:51 pm »

@ADK - you say in a couple posts that it is townier to vote yes for duel. Why is that?
FNG

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 04, 2019, 04:12:52 pm »

I think Joth is town and Glooble defended himself well so that leaves pubby.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 04, 2019, 04:15:12 pm »

That's a pretty big leap. Where is pubby scummy?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #436 on: September 04, 2019, 05:43:31 pm »

Where has he proven that he isn't scummy?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 04, 2019, 05:48:58 pm »

Where has he proven that he isn't scummy?

BTW I realized something. Whoever is getting wagoned at the time of the duel has incentive to vote for the duel in order to save themselves for a day. This incentive could be pretty strong - I mean I only had 4 votes on me but I sure thought about it.

This comes straight out of a town mindset: Scum's thinking about the two targets and how many scum are in them and if they can get away with voting yes, whereas town's thinking about their own survival. I can probably scavenge some more but this is why I started townreading him.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2019, 05:58:45 pm »

This comes straight out of a town mindset: Scum's thinking about the two targets and how many scum are in them and if they can get away with voting yes, whereas town's thinking about their own survival. I can probably scavenge some more but this is why I started townreading him.

I didn't ask you to explain why he's town, which is pretty useless given that your idea of an IC overlaps with your idea of the scummiest person around. Has he explained it himself?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:42 pm »

Huh? Scum is definitely thinking about their own survival. Moreso than town, especially in a setup where most town are VTs.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 04, 2019, 06:13:12 pm »

I didn't ask you to explain why he's town, which is pretty useless given that your idea of an IC overlaps with your idea of the scummiest person around. Has he explained it himself?

...I will probably stop answering your questions from here on.

Huh? Scum is definitely thinking about their own survival. Moreso than town, especially in a setup where most town are VTs.

Not that way they aren't. Besides, revelations like his just happen way more to town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #441 on: September 04, 2019, 06:15:04 pm »

You can answer if you have something useful to say.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 04, 2019, 06:17:30 pm »

You can answer if you have something useful to say.

Has he explained it himself?

No.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 04, 2019, 07:05:13 pm »

@ADK - you say in a couple posts that it is townier to vote yes for duel. Why is that?

My logic is sort of wifom-y, but I think the perception is that by claiming to vote yes, especially after a lot of people claim to vote no, makes you stand out, which is something scum ostensibly wants to avoid. Of course, something that is ostentatiously towny is something that's actually going to set off my scum radar.

Basically, it's scummy, therefore it's towny, therefore it's scummy
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 04, 2019, 07:44:45 pm »

Anyone with a wagon on them at the time of duel selection will think about this. NAI.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 04, 2019, 09:19:30 pm »

Not only that, but if thinking about survival were towny, we would expect all town not nominated to vote yes (since it guarantees they’re not the day’s lynch).

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2019, 01:32:07 am »

Defend your partner much?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2019, 04:27:20 am »

Not only that, but if thinking about survival were towny, we would expect all town not nominated to vote yes (since it guarantees they’re not the day’s lynch).

That's a really big stretch. But feel free to ignore my townread, Awaclus didn't need it anyway so I don't know why we're spending so much time analyzing that (and only that). Where's all the joth/Glooble discussion? Or any other for that matter?

Defend your partner much?

So you don't have a case, gotcha. Also, lazy answer, that's what anyone would instantly think of.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2019, 07:01:37 am »

Look, I’m town. I don’t know what joth is, but his case on me feels just as insincere as he said my case on DatSwan was. Joth’s day 1 cases tend to have more meat on their bones, as it were, plus he’s usually good at reading me. That combined with the ADK/ Sean mistake which seems more likely to be a scum!joth mistake than a town!joth mistake, constitutes my entire case.

The flaw in my case is why scum!joth would choose to start a wagon on me rather than someone else, or wait for a townie to start a wagon then jump on that. The second one is somewhat explained by the fact that joth apparently thought we were a lot closer to the deadline then we are, we I guess could make him want to jumpstart a mislynch? Consider he was already on the pubby wagon and it didn’t look like it was picking up much steam.

Alternatively, if joth thought we were close to deadline and pubby was joth’s partner, he might have been afraid of town defaulting to a pubby lynch when we ran out of time.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2019, 07:36:07 am »

Look, I’m town. I don’t know what joth is, but his case on me feels just as insincere as he said my case on DatSwan was. Joth’s day 1 cases tend to have more meat on their bones, as it were, plus he’s usually good at reading me. That combined with the ADK/ Sean mistake which seems more likely to be a scum!joth mistake than a town!joth mistake, constitutes my entire case.

The flaw in my case is why scum!joth would choose to start a wagon on me rather than someone else, or wait for a townie to start a wagon then jump on that. The second one is somewhat explained by the fact that joth apparently thought we were a lot closer to the deadline then we are, we I guess could make him want to jumpstart a mislynch? Consider he was already on the pubby wagon and it didn’t look like it was picking up much steam.

Alternatively, if joth thought we were close to deadline and pubby was joth’s partner, he might have been afraid of town defaulting to a pubby lynch when we ran out of time.

I can’t help but notice that your “flaw in my case” paragraph is longer than your “my case” paragraph. Usually not the sign of a strong case, buddy.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65  All

Page created in 2.213 seconds with 20 queries.