Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 176949 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: September 17, 2019, 02:25:53 am »

Seriously, what a cop-out

^^scum^^

If E actually thought this, they would of torn eddie apart. This is not a Town!E response to this situation.

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory myself. Eddie is playing the classic role of "high road town" as in his decision to not participate somehow helps town.

It comes from a scummy mindset not a townie one.

Also, thanks for the high opinion of my play. Now I feel as if I have to live up to it....
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 17, 2019, 02:29:12 am »

wow there is like nothing that has been said today, that is all I have.

It has been a slow post-duel day, which feels like scum sitting back and watching a town member get lynched. Joth looked like a potential lynch early and only 1 person came to his defense in any real way (not me, I just stated I preferred lynching Glooble) and now Glooble is feeling like the lynch and no one is really coming to their defense.

So either partner distancing or disengaged scum knowing the outcome.

Hopefully the first, but it feels like the latter
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 17, 2019, 02:29:55 am »

Vote Count 2.5

Glooble (5): Awaclus, jotheonah, DatSwan, Joseph2302, e
jothenoah (3): Glooble, EFHW, Debatepro

Not Voting (4): Uncleeurope, mcmcsalot, Robz888, A Drowned Kernel

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends on September 18, 05:00 forum time.

Very interested in taking a good look at the not voting people here tomorrow

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 17, 2019, 02:34:24 am »

All that to say, if one of the two is scum, it is likely Glooble.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 17, 2019, 03:28:51 am »

wow there is like nothing that has been said today, that is all I have.
Yes it's been a really slow day
I still think Glooble over joth, although this lack of input from people makes me think the duel may just be town/town
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: September 17, 2019, 05:02:52 am »

I would draw the opposite conclusion.  The uncomplicated lynching of Glooble here suggests he is town. If you think scum is disengaged,  like you said you do think, how does that lead you to the conclusion Glooble is scum?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 17, 2019, 05:06:17 am »

Vote Count 2.5

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends on September 18, 05:00 forum time.

Very interested in taking a good look at the not voting people here tomorrow
This is misleading.  Robz voted and ADK just stated intent to hammer.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #932 on: September 17, 2019, 05:07:22 am »

I would draw the opposite conclusion.  The uncomplicated lynching of Glooble here suggests he is town. If you think scum is disengaged,  like you said you do think, how does that lead you to the conclusion Glooble is scum?

Scum could be Glooble, you, Debatepro.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 17, 2019, 05:11:50 am »

Could be,  but e said his reasoning led him to conclude Glooble was scum but that's not the logical conclusion from his reasoning.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 17, 2019, 05:21:25 am »

Yeah, I’ll vote later.

Willing to hammer either of them at the moment, as mentioned earlier.
We don't need a hammer, it's plurality lynch. You're essentially abstaining again. I don't know if that is scummy. But for town to somehow reach the correct answer, all the town players need to do their best in making a choice.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 17, 2019, 08:12:25 am »

Besides this game when was the last time you were scum? You are absolutely 33.33 percent (repeating of course) incorrect here. Adding my reads it’s 66.66. For people who have played with me in a few games, I’m probably at least the 2nd safest town read.

Town!awaclus should avoid this line and look elsewhere. If Glooble flips scum, I would still look at aweclus, he can’t possibly think Glooble’s scum partners would so visibly pile on the only alternative. It is more likely they are abstaining. Can’t discount the possibility bussing (it gets them to the end game), but I’ve played more games in a format where that is common.
FNG

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #936 on: September 17, 2019, 08:42:03 am »

So right now I think it's been obvious for a few days that I am the lynch, and aside from EFHW no one is stepping up to defend me. It might be interesting, for science, If we switched some votes around to make joth the preferred lynch, then see who stepped in to try and move the pendulum back to me.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 17, 2019, 09:19:41 am »

vote: glooble
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 17, 2019, 09:22:08 am »

My head says glooble, my gut says joth. I'll do a reread tonight if no one's hammered

Did a sort of skimmy re-read, mostly just reading joth's and glooble's posts

Intent to hammer glooble

What soothed your gut from the re read?

On a reread glooble turning on joth read as very artificial and kind of desperate. It was a narrow thing but glooble's the better lynch here
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 17, 2019, 09:23:02 am »

#1 - I abstained from voting.

#2 - I am kind of in Datswan’s camp in that I don’t really have a strong preference one way or the other and am worried that this flip might influence my read on the other wrongly.

#3 - So I voted yes for the power and no for the duel by not voting.

#4 - It makes sense, I promise.

This decision is completely different from voting yes for the duel and no for the power.

Yeah, I’ll vote later.

Willing to hammer either of them at the moment, as mentioned earlier.

#1 - Either you thought one was 1 skum, 2 were skum, or none were skum. You not voting lowers the thresh hold of needed yes votes to *potentially* only 5 with 3 skum in the game. So, if you thought there was 1 skum... ok I guess as like an almost trap plus the PR benefits... but you can't follow that up with "I will vote for anyone". If you thought both were skum, then it would check out I suppose... except your lack of effort on the day (and of course claiming the no vote) really is weird there. If you thought both were town it is just dumb.

#2 - No you are not. People are not allowed in this camp that throw out willy nilly "I will vote for anyone" crap. Trust me, I sell the tents. I DO have a preference either way. I made that like abundantly clear in my 2 wall posts. I simply think I am picking between a "skum and a hard place". But when chosen to pick, I am made it pretty cut that I am on Glooble.

#3 - This is not how that works. By not voting you lowered the thresh hold of needed yes votes to make the duel happen. Also, there cannot be a PR without a duel. So, even in a world where you can word that differently... it just doesn't make sense. You need to vote in a fashion that favors the duel in order to favor the PR, and vice versa.

#4 - No. None of it does.

1. The other option is I didn’t think either of them was more likely one or the other.

2. Okay, I will leave your camp, I’m sorry. I will go to my own, it is just lonely over here...

3. That was a joke.

4. That was the punch line.

I know me not voting looks bad, that’s fine with me, I didn’t want to vote one way or the other in case it turned out I was wrecking other town members from their plan. I preferred making an always-kinda-bad-play over a sometimes-worse play.

We agree on e, though. I kind of wanted to see who would jump on that post first chance they got.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 17, 2019, 10:16:15 am »

Does the day end when plurality is reached or at the deadline1? Also, is the plurality v. majority distinction worthless because 1. there are only two in the duel and 2. "Either one may still be lynched earlier via a majority vote."2

... Duels
...  [1] For the rest of the day, only votes for the two dueling players are valid. All other votes (including a no-lynch vote) will have no effect. At the end of the day1, the player with more votes is lynched (if it is a tie, a virtual coin is flipped). Either one may still be lynched earlier via majority vote 2.
FNG

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 17, 2019, 11:23:05 am »

Does the day end when plurality is reached or at the deadline1? Also, is the plurality v. majority distinction worthless because 1. there are only two in the duel and 2. "Either one may still be lynched earlier via a majority vote."2

... Duels
...  [1] For the rest of the day, only votes for the two dueling players are valid. All other votes (including a no-lynch vote) will have no effect. At the end of the day1, the player with more votes is lynched (if it is a tie, a virtual coin is flipped). Either one may still be lynched earlier via majority vote 2.
The day ends at the deadline or at majority vote. Otherwise, it would have ended a long time ago. It's not meaningless because there is no consequence of no lynch if we can't find a majority.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 17, 2019, 11:24:05 am »

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #943 on: September 17, 2019, 11:27:04 am »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #944 on: September 17, 2019, 11:28:48 am »

Wait, yes it was.

Well, good luck guys. If joth turns out to be town, I'm sorry I tunnelled so hard. If joth turns out to be scum I'm sorry I didn't tunnel harder.

He/ Him

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 17, 2019, 11:32:20 am »

Should be.

Vote Count 2.5

Vote: Glooble

vote: glooble
FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2019, 11:37:24 am »

Wait, yes it was.

Well, good luck guys. If joth turns out to be town, I'm sorry I tunnelled so hard. If joth turns out to be scum I'm sorry I didn't tunnel harder.

Have any scum reads?
FNG

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #947 on: September 17, 2019, 11:45:51 am »

Wait, yes it was.

Have any scum reads?

ADK for sure. I still think joth/ Robz scum team is a strong possibility. Awaclus certainly, but I'm often bad at reading Awaclus.

Feeling towny on you, EFHW, and Swan. Slightly less towny but still a little towny on e. Null on Uncle and Joseph. Who am I missing?

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 17, 2019, 12:24:36 pm »

Crap. Glooble doesn't troll, so he's basically town. Sorry bro.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 17, 2019, 12:25:10 pm »

Wait, yes it was.

Have any scum reads?

ADK for sure. I still think joth/ Robz scum team is a strong possibility. Awaclus certainly, but I'm often bad at reading Awaclus.

Feeling towny on you, EFHW, and Swan. Slightly less towny but still a little towny on e. Null on Uncle and Joseph. Who am I missing?

debate

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 65  All

Page created in 2.22 seconds with 20 queries.