Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 158039 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1300 on: July 01, 2019, 08:38:56 am »

Reread the game while traveling for several hours. Pretty stoked that I don’t have to do an in depth post to elucidate my conclusion that grief is the best lynch candidate.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 01, 2019, 08:39:17 am »

Gkrieg not grief
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 01, 2019, 08:42:54 am »

Also, any punishment for the infraction, boss?
No infraction of the rules that I am aware of happened in this thread. If you have something, please point it out to me.

QT.
I cannot confirm or deny whether rules have been broken in some game thread that is not publicly accessible.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1303 on: July 01, 2019, 08:54:48 am »

Hmmm.

So let's say gkrieg is scum. There is, at most, one scum in the neighborhood (probably ash, but we can't say that definitively.) That leaves two more scum among {Glooble, MiX, pubby, pingpongsam}. In other words, if gkrieg is scum, someone is already bussing.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1304 on: July 01, 2019, 08:57:02 am »

And that someone would almost have to be pps. It could be pubby, but coming right out of the gate voting for your partner is next level. On the other hand, joth was convinced pubby was town. Maybe that's the scenario where you bus hard and enthusiastically, hoping to end up being very trusted in the end game.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1305 on: July 01, 2019, 08:57:53 am »

I need to hear from DatSwan and EFHW before I put down a vote.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 01, 2019, 09:24:18 am »

Hmmm.

So let's say gkrieg is scum. There is, at most, one scum in the neighborhood (probably ash, but we can't say that definitively.) That leaves two more scum among {Glooble, MiX, pubby, pingpongsam}. In other words, if gkrieg is scum, someone is already bussing.

It's not 2 more scum, it's just 1. Clearly the third party's being town here. Of those 5, pps is the only one who didn't vote gkrieg. So if he's scum, he's not bussing.

Also, recall that traitor doesn't always know scum, although I believe everyone knew e was scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 01, 2019, 09:27:22 am »

No infraction of the rules that I am aware of happened in this thread. If you have something, please point it out to me.

QT.
I cannot confirm or deny whether rules have been broken in some game thread that is not publicly accessible.

Can you confirm that if a player posts in a locked QT, that would be considered a breakage of the rules, and if so, if there would be a penalty?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 01, 2019, 09:27:41 am »

Or that player could just share with us the information.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 01, 2019, 09:32:58 am »

As for the actual game, pubby/MiX would be actual scum, traitor is...PPS or gkrieg.

I’m sold on Glooble as town.  I’m treating the neighbors as town.  That leaves POE as such.

I could be wrong on EFHW, Glooble, or Datswan, in that order.

Also, does anyone wonder if the three neighbors must die for the reporter to win? We discussed that last night.

Also, who chooses Reporter?  No traitor or survivor since they both would have actively had to choose NOT to win yesterday.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 01, 2019, 09:33:40 am »

QT.

Can you confirm that if a player posts in a locked QT, that would be considered a breakage of the rules, and if so, if there would be a penalty?
That would constitute a rules infraction. Whether there would be a penalty and if so, what the penalty will be, is determined on a case-by-case basis. All players witness to the rules infraction will be informed of the penalty, if there is any.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1311 on: July 01, 2019, 09:33:54 am »

Hmmm.

It's not 2 more scum, it's just 1. Clearly the third party's being town here. Of those 5, pps is the only one who didn't vote gkrieg. So if he's scum, he's not bussing.

Also, recall that traitor doesn't always know scum, although I believe everyone knew e was scum.

I meant to say 1. Sorry.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1312 on: July 01, 2019, 10:19:42 am »

Wall of text incoming. I'm bolding what I think are the juicy bits and putting a tl;dr at the end.

Ok, so post #1111- joth presents a case for e and gkrieg being scum, ending with a vote for gkrieg.

#1125- pps votes for joth. What?

MiX responds by voting for pps. Then I vote for pps. This makes joth nervous and he tries to get us to switch to e.

#1132- e shows up and expresses a scumread on gkrieg, but doesn't vote there.

pubby joins pps voting for joth.

MiX switches his vote to pubby, mostly for voting joth, his strong townread.

#1164- joth's day 2 reread. Reiterates his belief that gkrieg and e are scum, with pingpongsam as the probable partner. E immediately agrees except with EFHW instead of himself.

#1175- MiX votes for gkrieg

#1183- MiX switches to e, starting the e wagon.

EFHW vote pps, but expresses a willingness to vote for e.

#1197- e votes for pubby. Last ditch effort to start a town wagon?

#1200 - #1213 are all gkrieg, responding to various things from the last day. Not a lot that's alignment indicative to me, though joth would probably call 1208 an appeal to emotion and spin somethin out of it. But joth is dead. There might be something useful buried in these posts that I missed if someone else wants to read them.

#1221 starts a fight between e and pps. I could absolutely see them both being scum and this just being a piece of theatre.

#1232- DatSwan wants to lynch e, but doesn't vote yet.

#1236- joth starts the consolidation around e.

#1239- e votes for pps.Here's the question: is he doing this because he doesn't think there are any town he can realistically shift the lynch to and he wants to provide cover for a partner? Or is he doing it because pps is the only town he can realistically shift the lynch to? I think if gkrieg were town, e would be trying to shift the lynch there, given how many widely townread players have, at this point, expressed a willingness to vote there.

EFHW says she'll vote for e tomorrow.

ash votes pubby, joth calls that scummy, says pubby is obvtown.

gkrieg, MiX, and I have all narrowed our options to e or pps.

#1253- MiX is trying really hard to make sure e is the lynch. I do not think scum busses this hard when there is still a chance of a town lynch that would win them the game.

DatSwan votes for e.

I vote for e.

#1260- gkrieg votes for pps, saying e’s been too active to be scum? LOL, what? At this point e has more or less only been active to defend himself. This is hella scummy.

EFHW puts e to L-1.

joth thinks he will be nightkilled and believes the scum team is ash, e, and gkrieg (I’m inclined to agree.)

#1272- pubby hammers.

tl;dr: MiX is way to instrumental in the e lynch to be scum, given that a town lynch would have won them the game and he pushed for e when several other options were viable. MiX is more or less conf!town for me.

I’m confident gkrieg is scum.

Either pubby or pps is scum, but I don’t know which one.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 01, 2019, 10:35:46 am »

"#1260- gkrieg votes for pps, saying e’s been too active to be scum? LOL, what?"

Yep, that's an airtight case if I've ever seen one. Problem? He could be traitor. Ash cannot.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 01, 2019, 10:37:01 am »

QT.

Did you read the post? I didn't see it, just the deletion. It clearly seemed like an accident, since the post was 1 minute after the post locking the thread. There aren't ppe warnings for qts.

Are you so sure you are on the opposite team from DatSwan?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1315 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:57 am »

"#1260- gkrieg votes for pps, saying e’s been too active to be scum? LOL, what?"

Yep, that's an airtight case if I've ever seen one. Problem? He could be traitor. Ash cannot.

What do you make of e not trying to switch the lynch to gkrieg? He votes for pubby and pps, but never gkrieg, despite expressing scumreads on gkrieg twice, and the fact that joth you, at the very least, have expressed a willingness to vote for gkrieg.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 01, 2019, 10:49:21 am »

Don't we need traitor as much as we need scum? I don't see the difference.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 01, 2019, 10:55:30 am »

Hmmm.

I meant to say 1. Sorry.
I don't get what's going on with numbers here. DatSwan made a number-of-scum error in the qt as well. There are 4 scum, we found 1, there are 3 more to catch. Right? Glooble assumed 1 in neighborhood, that leaves 2 more in the rest of you.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 01, 2019, 10:57:37 am »

Hmmm.

I meant to say 1. Sorry.
I don't get what's going on with numbers here. DatSwan made a number-of-scum error in the qt as well. There are 4 scum, we found 1, there are 3 more to catch. Right? Glooble assumed 1 in neighborhood, that leaves 2 more in the rest of you.
Ok, I see the premise here was that gkrieg was scum. Still wondering about the distinction MiX is making between scum and traitor.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 01, 2019, 11:04:38 am »

Presumably it's better to lynch mafia first because with all 3 dead the night kill is shut down. That's assuming the traitor hasn't joined their side yet.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 01, 2019, 11:23:52 am »

Current read: Ash, PPS as mafia. gkrieg as traitor.

If gkrieg is regular mafia, it seems very unlikely that PPS is scum based on yesterday's votes.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1321 on: July 01, 2019, 11:44:31 am »

I's like to hear from DatSwan and EFHW about their feelings vis a vis ash. Especially cause it sounds like something went down in the neighborhood last night.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 01, 2019, 11:49:26 am »

Presumably it's better to lynch mafia first because with all 3 dead the night kill is shut down. That's assuming the traitor hasn't joined their side yet.
Sometimes the traitor gets the nk if they are the only one alive, and that's true here:

"If a Mafia Traitor is targeted with the factional kill, they join the Mafia QT instead of dying. They may use the nightkill once they joined the QT or all original members of the Mafia QT have died."

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 01, 2019, 11:57:45 am »

I's like to hear from DatSwan and EFHW about their feelings vis a vis ash. Especially cause it sounds like something went down in the neighborhood last night.
I don't have a scumread on ash, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were scum. He's been towny, but he can do that as scum. Picking on DatSwan's mistake seems odd to me, unless he knows they are on opposite teams, so that is scummy.

DatSwan made a possible scumslip in the qt. Bascially asking me (paraphrasing here) if there is no scum in the neighborhood then which two remaining people do I think are scum.

gkrieg's attempt to deflect from e was definitely scummy. It's a scum mistake, though, that I would expect him to be able to avoid. I don't know, I always think he is scum, so that makes me cautious.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 01, 2019, 12:24:02 pm »

I was thinking that we could kill actual scum first so scum can NK the traitor. Sadly, they can just dodge it with tge neighborhood. That reminds me, EFHW is town for saying what ash was talking about.

So, since scum won't realistically NK the traitor, we can safely assume the third-party's reporter or survivor. If survivor, they're town (since they could just not bus), so let's assume the worst, which is reporter. I found this in the setup:

"- Traitor does not constitute a power role"

Which means we don't want to leave them as the last scum lynch. Now we need to know this:

Does Neighbor count as a power role for Reporter?

If yes, the reporter kinda lost already...and we let ash live. Otherwise, we take out ash and pray the remaining scum are PRs. There's also the possibility traitor's PR, but I would say that's slim (only if they got RB).
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.314 seconds with 19 queries.