Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 195882 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 5!)
« Reply #1625 on: May 31, 2019, 10:17:12 am »

Intent to hammer later today.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 31, 2019, 10:20:20 am »

Did Space vote already?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 31, 2019, 10:28:17 am »

I've realized that if I vote ADK here, that's the hammer no matter what Space does because ADK reached L-1 first.

I would obviously rather you didn't, then.

Look, I've made what case I can. I honestly don't know what mix's thought process or plan on day 2 was, but we're here, and if I can't convince then he's going to win, so whatever it was then it worked.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 31, 2019, 10:35:04 am »

Yaaaay I snuffed out ADK's will to live! Finally, one day scum has to acknowledge they're wrong, right? Wooooo celebrating before the decision's been made! Emotion will win!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 31, 2019, 10:41:36 am »

Oh, okay I understand this now.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 31, 2019, 12:39:33 pm »

Yaaaay I snuffed out ADK's will to live! Finally, one day scum has to acknowledge they're wrong, right? Wooooo celebrating before the decision's been made! Emotion will win!

I'm not acknowledging anything, dude. I'm just stating that I've made my case and there's no point in endlessly repeating myself. I'll grant you that you've played a very good game here, and I've been pretty complacent the past few days, so if town loses here, it's pretty much on me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 31, 2019, 02:33:41 pm »

No one has addressed the scum vs. town motivations of ADK proposing the promoter claim early on and mass claim later. How do those narratives go?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 31, 2019, 02:40:34 pm »

No one has addressed the scum vs. town motivations of ADK proposing the promoter claim early on and mass claim later. How do those narratives go?

I mean, the town narrative is that I thought those things would be helpful.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 31, 2019, 02:44:28 pm »

And the scum narrative is that it's anti-town to do so if there's a town promoter. But I did it too so I can't blame him.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 31, 2019, 02:51:29 pm »

And the scum narrative is that it's anti-town to do so if there's a town promoter. But I did it too so I can't blame him.

Oh, I missed the massclaim part. Again, I did the same, so whatever townieness/scummieness it inherently adds is nullyfied.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #1635 on: May 31, 2019, 03:02:57 pm »

Does this post come from scum or town?

We should massclaim.

I'm serious. I was looking at the setup and we can get fantastic PoE.

What I'm thinking is:
-bodyguard claims (who cares, they're bodyguard, dying to protect a PR is the point of the role anyway)
-if psychologist has an innocent result from last night (guaranteed to be innocent at this point) that is NOT one of the claimed PRs, they claim with that result
-if psychologist claims, vengeful townie claims

Scum can't counter or fakeclaim this early because we just catch them. If we accept galz's claim (I do), we have six ICs out of 12 people. That leaves 3 scum in 6 people. If we can determine the towniness of just one person in that group, we win

Scummy:
They forget about traitor, assuming that psychologist's cannot kill target would be IC.
They give Galz IC status prematurely.
Outing vengeful townie and psychologist is good for scum.
If the psychologist thought they could create an IC and that that would be good, they would do it without a mass claim.

Null:
I don't see why vengeful townie only claims if psychologist does.

Towny:
They protect the psychologist somewhat by suggesting they only claim with new information.
Creating ICs is bad for scum.
Their reasoning about bodyguard makes sense, and claiming PRs makes the bodguard's job easier.

I have to go. Maybe more on this later.

For the record, I don't like MiX's reaction to my intent to hammer.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 31, 2019, 03:03:23 pm »

Then you changed your mind. It would be helpful to hear how your thoughts developed.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 31, 2019, 03:16:13 pm »

EFHW, that post's just the next logical step town had to do. Nothing towny or scummy. If you assume Galz is town (which was a fair assumption at the time) then there's no contradictions in his post.

Sorry if you don't like my early celebration of victory, I'm just realizing how bad giving a pass to ADK was and I want to get my awesone towncred back.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #1638 on: May 31, 2019, 03:59:14 pm »

Does this post come from scum or town?

We should massclaim.

I'm serious. I was looking at the setup and we can get fantastic PoE.

What I'm thinking is:
-bodyguard claims (who cares, they're bodyguard, dying to protect a PR is the point of the role anyway)
-if psychologist has an innocent result from last night (guaranteed to be innocent at this point) that is NOT one of the claimed PRs, they claim with that result
-if psychologist claims, vengeful townie claims

Scum can't counter or fakeclaim this early because we just catch them. If we accept galz's claim (I do), we have six ICs out of 12 people. That leaves 3 scum in 6 people. If we can determine the towniness of just one person in that group, we win

Scummy:
They forget about traitor, assuming that psychologist's cannot kill target would be IC.
They give Galz IC status prematurely.
Outing vengeful townie and psychologist is good for scum.
If the psychologist thought they could create an IC and that that would be good, they would do it without a mass claim.

Null:
I don't see why vengeful townie only claims if psychologist does.

Towny:
They protect the psychologist somewhat by suggesting they only claim with new information.
Creating ICs is bad for scum.
Their reasoning about bodyguard makes sense, and claiming PRs makes the bodguard's job easier.

I have to go. Maybe more on this later.

For the record, I don't like MiX's reaction to my intent to hammer.

The disregarding the traitor thing followed from the "assuming Galz is town" thing. Basically I found it extremely unlikely that scum!galz would claim the way he did, and galz being town implied that there wasn't a traitor.

The "vengeful townie claims after psychologist" was just to prevent someone from claiming prematurely; I figured that the massclaim was only worth it if we could create a majority of ICs, and if the psychologist's N1 result didn't do that, then they should have stayed hidden.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 31, 2019, 04:03:37 pm »

Then you changed your mind. It would be helpful to hear how your thoughts developed.

For the D1 plans, there were a lot of people raising decent points about the drawbacks of the promoter claiming. I'm still not sure whether it would have been a good idea or not; I suppose that's a discussion for after the game. My thoughts on the matter develop pretty much as you see D1, with me going back and forth on the subject.

For the D2 massclaim, the relevant PRs didn't come forward, so I figured they had either better info or different opinions than I did and dropped it. We got basically the same effect D3 so it all worked out.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 31, 2019, 04:09:35 pm »

For the D2 massclaim, the relevant PRs didn't come forward, so I figured they had either better info or different opinions than I did and dropped it. We got basically the same effect D3 so it all worked out.

Wait, this was D2? What was the point for a massclaim D2? It was obvious that bodyguard would protect Tracker, why out more PRs to confuse the bodyguard? D3 was a muuuuch better time for it, given we were winning there and scum couldn't counterclaim anymore.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 31, 2019, 04:16:43 pm »

Wait, this was D2? What was the point for a massclaim D2? It was obvious that bodyguard would protect Tracker, why out more PRs to confuse the bodyguard? D3 was a muuuuch better time for it, given we were winning there and scum couldn't counterclaim anymore.

We didn't know we were going to lynch scum D2 and be in the that position. The D2 massclaim would have still given us really good PoE.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 31, 2019, 04:23:14 pm »

We didn't know we were going to lynch scum D2 and be in the that position. The D2 massclaim would have still given us really good PoE.

But scum could counterclaim there. Clearly PRs didn't have a great result they wanted to claim, so why out them? We would be in a worse position regardless of the alignment of who would get lynched D2.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 31, 2019, 04:32:48 pm »

But scum could counterclaim there. Clearly PRs didn't have a great result they wanted to claim, so why out them? We would be in a worse position regardless of the alignment of who would get lynched D2.

The idea is that massclaiming would help us lynch scum on that day; it's only retrospect, having lynched scum anyway, that it looks superfluous.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 31, 2019, 08:29:23 pm »

EFHW, that post's just the next logical step town had to do. Nothing towny or scummy. If you assume Galz is town (which was a fair assumption at the time) then there's no contradictions in his post.

Sorry if you don't like my early celebration of victory, I'm just realizing how bad giving a pass to ADK was and I want to get my awesone towncred back.
How are you going to get your awesome towncred back?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:52 pm »

MiX, are you the vengeful townie?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 31, 2019, 10:25:04 pm »

MiX, are you the vengeful townie?

?!?!?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 31, 2019, 11:28:29 pm »

I know, doesn't make sense.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 31, 2019, 11:47:32 pm »

That would reconcile all my reads. You and MiX would be town, Space would be scum. MiX gets lynched, kills Space, town wins. Or you could be vengeful townie.

Grasping at straws.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 31, 2019, 11:52:38 pm »

No, ADK returned a can't kill result. MiX knows I'm leaning toward voting ADK. So he isn't planning some dramatic denouement.

vote: ADK L-1

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.