Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 195354 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #750 on: May 03, 2019, 01:47:30 pm »

4) I am finding his play today consistent with a narrative where scum promoter chose me, expecting me to choose a non-MiX target based on the post I quoted earlier where I basically said I wouldn't choose MiX (with Mix's buddying as a back-up plan to urge this along).
I disagree with other parts, but here I strongly feel the confirmation bias. Surely if scum wanted to avoid MiX being challenged, there would be way better targets than you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 03, 2019, 01:48:21 pm »

Also I don't know about you guys, but I feel like MiX is always buddying me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 03, 2019, 01:48:50 pm »

4) I am finding his play today consistent with a narrative where scum promoter chose me, expecting me to choose a non-MiX target based on the post I quoted earlier where I basically said I wouldn't choose MiX (with Mix's buddying as a back-up plan to urge this along).
I disagree with other parts, but here I strongly feel the confirmation bias. Surely if scum wanted to avoid MiX being challenged, there would be way better targets than you.

I also felt like saying this, but joth is one of the few picks that don't out promoter as scum.

Also I don't know about you guys, but I feel like MiX is always buddying me.

Every time, all the time baby!

Vote: faust

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 03, 2019, 01:52:47 pm »

No, but seriously, Vote: Galzria untill he answers my question. Which is also directed at chairs, by the way, but I think Galzria is scummier.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 03, 2019, 02:09:33 pm »

Who's your second choice, after mix?

Ari, although Galzria is creeping up.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 03, 2019, 02:09:48 pm »

I would not vote MiX if he were challenged, as he has said something today that basically proves he’s town.

Can't currently think of a reason you would say this and not tell us what post you're referring to, given that scum already knows Mix's alignment.

Ok, fine.

If promoter is scum, I was either targeted (A) because MiX is town and scum thought I couldn’t resist challenging him, (B) because MiX is scum and scum thought I wouldn’t dare challenge him, or (C) because everyone has such a scumread on me that it doesn’t matter who I challenge because I’ll lose.

(C)'s the one that makes the most amount of sense here, given that if (B) then (C)'s still important in case you randomly pick another scum. This is especially true because Traitor exists. (A) sounds foolish, but given that you're thinking about (B) then (A) might actually be something scum think.

Can you tell I like those letters?

Lyncher Doctor means no jester, which is nice. Kills several theories I had yesterday about why certain people were behaving the way they were. And while losing a doctor sucks, he was realistically probably not going to be the most helpful doctor anyway. And we avoided the incredibly awkward scenario of having both him and his victim still around in LyLo. Not sure why he lied about his role though.

Bodyguard is the best fakeclaim for Lyncher, and I have no idea who wouldn't kill him after a Lyncher claim.

I support targeting MiX.

Do you think scum's thinking about (B) here?

I bolded the part above that’s relevant. Scum doesn’t make that mistaken point as they know that there is NOT, in fact, a Traitor, as we’re in BC/BD, not AD/BD - something I myself can validate as the Town Promoter.

With Joseph’s flip, the setup is:

5 VT
Vengeful Townie
Psychologist
Tracker
Town Promoter
Semi-Elite Body Guard
Mafia Godfather
2 Mafia Goons
Lyncher Doctor

I promoted Joth last night because I believed he was scum from D1. My choices were between anybody on the horrible Joseph wagon, or one of my own scum reads. I decided it was too random to just pick one of the people on Joseph, so stuck with my gut on Joth.

If I were to pick for Joth, I would make him choose between {ADK, Faust, Glooble}.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 03, 2019, 02:15:41 pm »

Knew it. Wait you're not Glooble...oh dear.

Notice how joth's sentence starts with "If promoter is scum", I've been over this when i voted faust in D1 because Joseph's slip wasn't actually a slip because of it (and Joseph wasn't even scum so he wouldn't know it). Why did you claim?

Also, we're in B. There's no other possible setup. I like Galzria's bold claim...I retract townpoints from Glooble now. But Galzria's scum for not knowing it's setup B with 100% guarantee.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 03, 2019, 02:16:24 pm »

I would not vote MiX if he were challenged, as he has said something today that basically proves he’s town.

Can't currently think of a reason you would say this and not tell us what post you're referring to, given that scum already knows Mix's alignment.

Ok, fine.

If promoter is scum, I was either targeted (A) because MiX is town and scum thought I couldn’t resist challenging him, (B) because MiX is scum and scum thought I wouldn’t dare challenge him, or (C) because everyone has such a scumread on me that it doesn’t matter who I challenge because I’ll lose.

(C)'s the one that makes the most amount of sense here, given that if (B) then (C)'s still important in case you randomly pick another scum. This is especially true because Traitor exists. (A) sounds foolish, but given that you're thinking about (B) then (A) might actually be something scum think.

Can you tell I like those letters?

Lyncher Doctor means no jester, which is nice. Kills several theories I had yesterday about why certain people were behaving the way they were. And while losing a doctor sucks, he was realistically probably not going to be the most helpful doctor anyway. And we avoided the incredibly awkward scenario of having both him and his victim still around in LyLo. Not sure why he lied about his role though.

Bodyguard is the best fakeclaim for Lyncher, and I have no idea who wouldn't kill him after a Lyncher claim.

I support targeting MiX.

Do you think scum's thinking about (B) here?

I bolded the part above that’s relevant. Scum doesn’t make that mistaken point as they know that there is NOT, in fact, a Traitor, as we’re in BC/BD, not AD/BD - something I myself can validate as the Town Promoter.

With Joseph’s flip, the setup is:

5 VT
Vengeful Townie
Psychologist
Tracker
Town Promoter
Semi-Elite Body Guard
Mafia Godfather
2 Mafia Goons
Lyncher Doctor

I promoted Joth last night because I believed he was scum from D1. My choices were between anybody on the horrible Joseph wagon, or one of my own scum reads. I decided it was too random to just pick one of the people on Joseph, so stuck with my gut on Joth.

If I were to pick for Joth, I would make him choose between {ADK, Faust, Glooble}.

I'm inclined to believe this claim. But what was so horrible about the Joseph wagon?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 03, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »

Notice how joth's sentence starts with "If promoter is scum", I've been over this when i voted faust in D1 because Joseph's slip wasn't actually a slip because of it (and Joseph wasn't even scum so he wouldn't know it). Why did you claim?

Also, we're in B. There's no other possible setup. I like Galzria's bold claim...I retract townpoints from Glooble now. But Galzria's scum for not knowing it's setup B with 100% guarantee.

Can you explain that last sentence?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 03, 2019, 02:18:30 pm »

I am so close to just challenging Galz right now.

Literally my top three town reads.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 03, 2019, 02:19:13 pm »

I'm inclined to believe this claim. But what was so horrible about the Joseph wagon?

I believe the part where he's promoter. But maybe not the part where he's town...

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 03, 2019, 02:20:10 pm »

Of course I did. I never had any intention of you being lynched. I did what Faust was trying to do, just better. Instead of making a bad case (or no case at all) on a player to see who “climbs aboard”, I made a much more reasonable case based on a lack of general information knowing full well that it’s exactly the sort of thing scum likes to promote because of it’s inherent reasonability.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 03, 2019, 02:20:49 pm »

I believe the part where he's promoter. But maybe not the part where he's town...

Why on earth would scum promoter claim right now?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 03, 2019, 02:20:57 pm »

Surprise!

Challenge me. Now.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 03, 2019, 02:21:55 pm »

Why on earth would scum promoter claim right now?

Why wouldn't they?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 03, 2019, 02:22:49 pm »

Surprise!

Challenge me. Now.

Well this is just very scummy, right?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 03, 2019, 02:23:13 pm »

What part of it?

Of course I did. I never had any intention of you being lynched. I did what Faust was trying to do, just better. Instead of making a bad case (or no case at all) on a player to see who “climbs aboard”, I made a much more reasonable case based on a lack of general information knowing full well that it’s exactly the sort of thing scum likes to promote because of it’s inherent reasonability.

"Of course I did" is an answer to what? What did you do that is so much better than what faust did? Did you answer my previous question of why you think joth's trying to see who he can win against instead of who's scum?

PPE 2

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 03, 2019, 02:23:32 pm »

Surprise!

Challenge me. Now.

Why are you still seeking opinions? Need to know if you can win?

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 03, 2019, 02:24:33 pm »

We have 3 days (well, mostly 2, because doing it last second might backfire), why do you want to be challenged right now? Do you think joth's scum?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 03, 2019, 02:25:17 pm »

Surprise!

Challenge me. Now.

You're not going to goad me into this. There's still a reasonable chance you are misguided town. And if you are scum, the last thing I want to do is the thing you want me to do.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 03, 2019, 02:25:59 pm »

What part of it?

"Of course I did" is an answer to what? What did you do that is so much better than what faust did? Did you answer my previous question of why you think joth's trying to see who he can win against instead of who's scum?

PPE 2

“Of course I knew we were in B”.

What’s to answer? He’s literally been soliciting opinions on who would vote for who over himself instead of scum hunting and making his own choices.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 03, 2019, 02:26:33 pm »

@Galz if you were town, you would be trying to talk me into targeting one of your other scum reads (the mislynch wishlist you posted before) rather than trying to goad me into targeting you.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 03, 2019, 02:26:44 pm »

We have 3 days (well, mostly 2, because doing it last second might backfire), why do you want to be challenged right now? Do you think joth's scum?

Yes. I’ve stated this.

Mafia Record:

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2019, 02:27:07 pm »

vote: Galzria

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2019, 02:28:11 pm »

@Galz if you were town, you would be trying to talk me into targeting one of your other scum reads (the mislynch wishlist you posted before) rather than trying to goad me into targeting you.

A) I think you’re scum.

B) You will target the person you think you can win against regardless.

C) My opinions on who you should target are stated. Unsurprisingly, you won’t consider the majority of that list.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 68  All

Page created in 2.874 seconds with 20 queries.