Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 195374 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #350 on: April 28, 2019, 01:56:50 pm »

To me, faust and ari seem town
Feeling less towny on MiX
And like most games I play, space seems somewhat scummy to me, but maybe just confirmation bias
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 28, 2019, 02:21:25 pm »

Vote: gkrieg, faust is much more townier than I thought now that I ISOd him. Reads are still in a flux state but I don't want my vote on faust anymore.

Why are Sundays always this slow?
Faust is town, but dunno how that makes gkrieg scummy?

gkrieg's just not towny, which is more than I can say about almost everyone here...I also don't want to vote for mcmc, feels OMGUSy, and maybe he does play like this (although I didn't see it in RMM52).

To me, faust and ari seem town
Feeling less towny on MiX
And like most games I play, space seems somewhat scummy to me, but maybe just confirmation bias

I agree with your thought on Space, but I think I need to ask them a question.

@Space, what do you think of the promoter claim?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 28, 2019, 02:25:50 pm »

@EFHW - Is Galz more skummy than MiX is towny to you?
I don't have a particular read on MiX.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2019, 02:45:42 pm »

MiX as to rmm52, I got killed night 1 in an 18 person multiball game so that’s not a great day to try and match to my typical play.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2019, 03:13:58 pm »

MiX as to rmm52, I got killed night 1 in an 18 person multiball game so that’s not a great day to try and match to my typical play.

But I had such a big townread on you! I'll reread your past games, however. When I have time. Untill then I really liked your RMM52 performance and I was expecting more of it, not this tunnel on town no less. I guess I'll have to try harder to read you this game.

Do you think Galz is scummier than...everyone? Why is your case (Galz thinks mcmc is being uncharacteristic when he's not) indicative of scum!Galzria? Just to see what Galz's meta is, I wouldn't see this as scummy by default.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2019, 08:07:06 pm »

I agree with your thought on Space, but I think I need to ask them a question.

It's not so surprising that Joseph wants to vote for me, given that I have a habit of starting out voting for him any time he uses that same unimaginative game opening.

@Space, what do you think of the promoter claim?

I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about it, TBH. A lot of discussion had already happened by the time I actually went back to read the setup in enough detail to start forming opinions.

Overall, I believe that any plan based around "town should do this, and they have to because it's townie" is bound to fail because even if there's clearly a best play for town (which is not a scenario I think we're in here), there's also always at least one townie who's going to do the opposite just because they don't see the utility, don't think it's fun enough to aim purely for optimal play (getting a reputation for it could hurt a player's future scum games), don't like being told what to do, or a mixture of all of the above. I'm pretty sure something like the Worms RMM that faust ran a while back was a good example of a bunch of those factors occurring, at least as I remember my point of view being back then. (Though I do have a really sucky memory, so ymmv on a re-read!).

I do think that faust brought up an interesting point for this current game, about the possibility of lynching before the deadline by which the gladiator has to challenge their opponent. Presumably up until that point, we can all vote freely, rather than only being able to vote for the gladiator (is that correct?), so trying to get a lynch done by then could be an option. Equally, I see no reason to discuss that option right now because it can be left till D2, and any decisions we make now only serve to decrease the amount of conditional planning scum will otherwise have to do in the night phase.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 28, 2019, 10:03:03 pm »

Presumably up until that point, we can all vote freely, rather than only being able to vote for the gladiator (is that correct?)

Yes.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 28, 2019, 11:06:42 pm »

vote: space

That is one of the longest non posts I have ever seen.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 28, 2019, 11:46:49 pm »

But I had such a big townread on you! I'll reread your past games, however. When I have time. Untill then I really liked your RMM52 performance and I was expecting more of it, not this tunnel on town no less. I guess I'll have to try harder to read you this game.

Do you think Galz is scummier than...everyone? Why is your case (Galz thinks mcmc is being uncharacteristic when he's not) indicative of scum!Galzria? Just to see what Galz's meta is, I wouldn't see this as scummy by default.
He was trying to make mcmc seem scummy by spinning things in a way that people tend to go along with without realizing. I'd go back to ari as well. I think by day 2 I should be able to participate more meaningfully.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 29, 2019, 12:22:26 am »

How many games have ari and mix each played on this forum? I’m on my cell

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2019, 02:18:51 am »

1 and 2, respectively.

Same thought as me, sadly sounds like normal Space to me...I guess I need to metaread them as well.

He was trying to make mcmc seem scummy by spinning things in a way that people tend to go along with without realizing. I'd go back to ari as well. I think by day 2 I should be able to participate more meaningfully.

This would be a good case on Galz...if you didn't end it with "oh maybe ari instead". Beats my gkrieg "case", so

Vote: Galzria untill I metaread mcmc and Space.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2019, 02:51:48 am »

It seems to me that Space was asked a question and they answered it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #362 on: April 29, 2019, 03:31:44 am »

Vote Count 1.3

A land of liars
A sea of swirling deceit
Clarity masked

MiX (4): gkrieg13, Glooble, chairs, A Drowned Kernel
Joseph2302 (2): SpaceAnemone, faust
Galzria (2): EFHW, MiX
A Drowned Kernel (1): DatSwan
chairs (1): Joseph2302
arishipshape (1): jotheonah
SpaceAnemone (1): mcmcsalot

Not voting (2): arishipshape, Galzria

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
Day 1 ends Wednesday, 1st of May, at 5:30 ft.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 29, 2019, 04:01:58 am »

It seems to me that Space was asked a question and they answered it.
Not convinced it was a really scummy post from Space either

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 29, 2019, 04:03:14 am »

Vote: galz

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2019, 08:07:25 am »

So... I have already crossed that bridge, so I may as well continue. Let's look at some of ADK's posts:

Good morning everyone!

So the thought I had on the setup is that I think the town promoter (if they exist) should just claim off the bat. It would create a pseudo-IC and give us info on the setup without actually revealing anything to scum, and it isn't a PR that we're worried about scum knowing about since it's negative utility. So unless there's something that I'm missing, there's really no downside to them claiming.

How does it create a pseudo-IC? What stops the scum-aligned promoter from claiming town promoter?

They would risk getting caught eventually if the traitor ever flips.
vote: MiX

Is voting without explaining just what all the cool kids are doing now?
I think MiX is scum pushing for traitor[ to claim. Mild suspicion

I don't think a traitor would claim, though; it's too easy for them to get caught.
I would say that his comments suggest that if he is scum, he's the traitor
(emphasis mine)

ADK namedrops the Traitor like.. a lot. Remember that a Traitor wants to signal to their teammates. Especially that second post looks heavily like "look I'm the Traitor but I don't want to claim".

Now there is some issue with this case and that is that if we have a town Promoter, they know that there is no Traitor, thus if you buy into my case you inadvertently claim non-Promoter. I'm posting this now since I have already virtually revealed that I'm not a Promoter by hastily accusing Joseph of knowing that there is a Traitor. I'm not sure what to do here exactly, but I wanted these thoughts out.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2019, 08:32:15 am »

How would you have answered MiX's question, if your actual thoughts were in line with the answer I posted?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2019, 08:48:39 am »

I think MiX was mislynched D1 in his first game, but I wasn't there and haven't read it. I played in MiX's second game. He was SK, and was also so unapologetically aggressive/rude that he caused several of us to consider quitting the game outright. In the end WCD and I king-made Ash (Mafia) over MiX, mainly because we couldn't countenance that kind of behaviour being awarded a win (and there was no way for us to win as town). He's been a lot more controlled this game so far, which is a hopeful sign. In the game we played, his analytical thinking ended up being pretty strong, so he could be a later-game asset.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2019, 09:05:18 am »

D1 pass for ari then. Almost said D1 pass for mix but that description of their behavior does not enamour me to them.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2019, 09:06:21 am »

Oh and Faust makes sense.

vote: adk

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2019, 09:26:20 am »

D1 pass for ari then. Almost said D1 pass for mix but that description of their behavior does not enamour me to them.

Don't worry, a lot of it was influenced by getting SK, someone who doesn't really care for day talk; regardless of my alignment here I have a lot more incentives to not screw up everything.

Oh, Space's town, by the way. Good to know, right?

Oh and Faust makes sense.

vote: adk

Quoting this so I don't have to edit faust's wall: he's missing one thing in his case, something that I thought was really important about ADK regarding his promoter talk, that faust seems to have missed. But hopefully it's not important (or I misremembered something).

I like all these soft non-promoter claims, but I fear they're worse than not claiming...

Random thought: faust, do you think ADK coming up with the plan alligns with your traitor case?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2019, 09:40:59 am »

Giving newbies day 1 passes is kind, but not optimal. Especially when said newbies are scummy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2019, 09:49:38 am »

Random thought: faust, do you think ADK coming up with the plan alligns with your traitor case?

I know I'm not the one you asked, but to me it seems really unlikely that a traitor pushes for the town promoter to claim and explicitly claims "not promoter". Feels like it seriously limits their options later for very little benefit.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2019, 09:51:26 am »

Giving newbies day 1 passes is kind, but not optimal. Especially when said newbies are scummy.

What did ari do that's scummy? Say he's scum? Seems weak, given that you have a great example of a scum!ari. Also, he somewhat dug his own grave D2 last time, so I suggest we let him slide untill then, at least.

Who else would you vote?

I know I'm not the one you asked, but to me it seems really unlikely that a traitor pushes for the town promoter to claim and explicitly claims "not promoter". Feels like it seriously limits their options later for very little benefit.

When did he claim "not promoter"?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2019, 10:12:37 am »

When did he claim "not promoter"?

Okay, turns out I misremembered. It was ari who followed you in claiming "not promoter". For some reason I thought it was ADK. I should have checked.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 68  All

Page created in 2.373 seconds with 20 queries.