Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 195602 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 3!)
« Reply #1275 on: May 10, 2019, 04:55:08 pm »

Do we lynch Galzria? It means we get a normal day tomorrow.

No, we'll always get a normal day tomorrow. I mean, we'll have 4 people in our lynch pool, picking between 2 isn't that bad. We should absolutely not lynch Galzria.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 10, 2019, 04:57:44 pm »

No, we'll always get a normal day tomorrow. I mean, we'll have 4 people in our lynch pool, picking between 2 isn't that bad. We should absolutely not lynch Galzria.

Wow, strong words. Why absolutely not?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 10, 2019, 04:58:21 pm »

I don't want a galzria lynch. I don't think he was partnery with Datswan D1.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 10, 2019, 04:58:48 pm »

Space, would you be willing to post the voting sequence? I should write my own program, but my skills are pretty limited so it would be a big project for me.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 10, 2019, 04:59:03 pm »

Because if we simply lynch from the normal lynch pool, when scum flips it'll be obvious if Galz is scum or not.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 10, 2019, 04:59:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure if we lynch glooble, gkrieg, and chairs in any order, then we win. So let's do that.

This is true unless you aren't the lynchee. And if MiX isn't scum. I need to reread to figure out why galz and MiX are tied to each other.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 10, 2019, 04:59:59 pm »

Because if we simply lynch from the normal lynch pool, when scum flips it'll be obvious if Galz is scum or not.

And if scum doesn't flip?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 10, 2019, 05:00:54 pm »

If scum doesn't flip we lose regardless of Galz's alignment, so...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 10, 2019, 05:01:05 pm »

I don't buy the narrative that Galz can only be scum with MiX, so I don't think there's a point in favor of a MiX lynch there.

I also don't buy the narrative that MiX can only be scum with Galz. Wait...

Anyway my voice doesn't matter here: you can lynch me, but obviously from my perspective that'll be a complete waste of time. I like a gkrieg lynch more than anything at this point.

really??? why gkrieg? he reads hella townie to me

Hmmmmmm why? I also have a feeling scum is more likely to reread Swan and check EVERYTHING, even things about dead players. Also it's either that or chairs (I like Glooble's """case""" on me) and that just feels like lynching a lurker.

Lol, you clearly haven't played with me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Night 1!)
« Reply #1284 on: May 10, 2019, 05:02:42 pm »

So, first of all, sorry for all the anti-town crap I pulled to survive yesterday. Not exactly proud of it. Second of all, setup is such a mess I don't think there's much to talk about it yet, since I'm pretty sure we don't want claims. Third of all, good job lynching Joseph.

I would also like to take full credit for making joth, the towniest man alive, look like the scummiest man alive, enough for promoter to target him. Hopefully it was scum promoter, given that I have no idea who would target joth as town promoter here...

mcmc was town? Okay. The scummiest person right now is probably...Swan? Not sure I can even pick 3 players to be scum without thinking "no, this guy's obviously town..."

Is that all? I didn't get a lot of good reads, just the town!joth one.

Although this is pretty bold if MiX were scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 10, 2019, 05:03:53 pm »

Are you saying you wanted him to look scummy?

No, it wasn't intentional...I'm not that crazy. I just like how it "worked", in a way. I saw that joth's posts are way, WAY bigger when he's scum, and in this game he hasn't made one of those yet. That and he's actually scumhunting and following his townmeta and whatnot.

MiX! I was all set to not target you but that post makes me want to target you! Can you prove that fighting with me was a gambit? Is there a breadcrumb?

Answer's above, I just wanted to quote this to say...how can I breadcrumb a gambit? Then again I have no idea how to breadcrumb, so...

Ok, but you have to realize how this looks...

How what looks? For me, you being gladiator means you're town, and I'm extremely happy that I got this information, because I started the night thinking you're scum. The only problem here is I have too many townreads.

I'll get to analyzing the D1 votes, I guess I only have 3 days to do that...I usually like to take my time, but I guess it'll have to be rushed.

But then this is scummy. Assuming that being promoted means you are town shows that he thinks it is a scum promoter

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 10, 2019, 05:04:59 pm »

Let's face it, if it was (A) scum would have been smarter to target me. You voted for several people yesterday and seemed willing to move your vote to get a lynch. I parked my vote on MiX and kept trying to corall people back to him.

OTOH, I seem to have an uncanny ability to not be remembered by anyone.

I think scum would have targeted a lurker.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 10, 2019, 05:05:54 pm »

Let's face it, if it was (A) scum would have been smarter to target me. You voted for several people yesterday and seemed willing to move your vote to get a lynch. I parked my vote on MiX and kept trying to corall people back to him.

No, that would be too obvious. Joth was the best pick to ensure it made sense from a town!promoter perspective.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #1288 on: May 10, 2019, 05:09:25 pm »

I would not vote MiX if he were challenged, as he has said something today that basically proves he’s town.

My problem with what Joth is doing here is that he’s essentially out sourcing to find out who he can beat. He’s not looking to choose the player he most likely thinks is scum (something town would be aiming for) but is instead trying to figure out which player he can win against. This is an incredibly scummy approach. If Joth is town, his concern should be putting scum into a 50/50 and then arguing why we should lynch the other person - not petitioning to find out who he can challenge and win against (which gives him the right to cherry pick town players as scum).

This post looks like it comes from a town promoter that thought joth was scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 10, 2019, 05:22:04 pm »

Ok faust, so why does scum!promoter Galz claim when he does?

This is a ridiculously overlooked point:

Scum!Promoter Galz CAN’T claim to save Traitor!MiX because Scum!Promoter!Galz wouldn’t know that MiX was Traitor. The ONLY viable argument is that I’m Traitor & MiX is Promoter - which aside from being inaccurate, simply doesn’t make any logical sense if you look at him or me D1/D2.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: May 10, 2019, 05:22:42 pm »

1) All the skum is within [Ari, Swan, Chairs, ADK, GK, Glooble, Space, EFHW]... which is either 2/8 or 3/8
2) Some amount of skum is within the same pool, and another is within [Joth, Mix, Galz, faust]

Why is it either 2/8 or 3/8?

The overall post is a really big stretch to scumread ICs. Yeah, I want Swan to claim here.

Vote: Swan

This doesn't seem like newbie scum to me. Is this how he was in his first scum game? Pushing his partner hard?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 10, 2019, 05:24:58 pm »

1) All the skum is within [Ari, Swan, Chairs, ADK, GK, Glooble, Space, EFHW]... which is either 2/8 or 3/8
2) Some amount of skum is within the same pool, and another is within [Joth, Mix, Galz, faust]

Just separating the traitor out. Technically it is 3/8 either way.

Hold on, I just saw a contradiction here. It is impossible for the Traitor to lie there AND to be 2 scum there. I believe this mistake comes more from scum that absolutely know there IS no Traitor. How do you explain this Swan?

Swan’s “Mistakes” read a lot like scum trying to sow confusion because town is too close to figuring it all out.
I think scum doesn't do that often.

Do you think Swan's getting everything about the setup wrong as town? Because that would be according to his meta for sure, something scum!Swan would love to do as well.

Especially in this way, where someone may not have noticed this.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 10, 2019, 05:26:01 pm »

Works for me

vote: datswan

This also doesn't seem very partnery to me. Being the 3rd on a challenge wagon of your partner is not where scum tends to be.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 10, 2019, 05:27:30 pm »

Intent to vote swan. On mobile don’t want to accidental hammer will check back tomorrow

This however does sound like scum. Hoping to find a different situation tomorrow.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 10, 2019, 05:27:54 pm »

The overall post is a really big stretch to scumread ICs. Yeah, I want Swan to claim here.

Vote: Swan

This doesn't seem like newbie scum to me. Is this how he was in his first scum game? Pushing his partner hard?

I didn't have a first scum game...sad, right? Ooooh maybe it's this one, and I'm playing you all! But really, no.

Vote: chairs

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 10, 2019, 05:28:47 pm »

I’m a big fan of the guy read but that came off as floundering to me. Floundering why? Good question.

Firmly in vote: datswan territory now

Ugh, but then his actual vote for datswan when ADK gets off the wagon is kind of townie.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 10, 2019, 05:31:02 pm »

Is the right play here to lynch joth, then if DatSwan is lying scum, have the real psychologist claim tomorrow, and we lynch DatSwan then?

This is very scummy though.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 10, 2019, 05:32:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure if we lynch glooble, gkrieg, and chairs in any order, then we win. So let's do that.

This is true unless you aren't the lynchee. And if MiX isn't scum. I need to reread to figure out why galz and MiX are tied to each other.

I don't think mix is scum. And regardless of whether I'm the lynchee, I'm town. So yeah.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 10, 2019, 05:37:00 pm »

vote: Glooble

chairs is townier than Glooble, ADK is scummy for leaving the Datswan wagon when it stalled for a split second, but probably the lynchee, so whatever.

MiX just looks like he is town. I don't think newbie scum goes so hard for their partner.

Galz's claim is pretty townie, although him being town means that joth could still be scum, although I don't think it is likely at all that joth would challenge his partner as scum.

IDK, probable glooble partner is either chairs or ADK?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 10, 2019, 05:37:38 pm »

No, that would be too obvious. Joth was the best pick to ensure it made sense from a town!promoter perspective.

I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68  All

Page created in 1.876 seconds with 19 queries.