Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 195591 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #1075 on: May 09, 2019, 01:17:20 pm »

Uncleeurope was disappointed. He had hoped he could find a peaceful way to gain control of the game by making a voting layout so convoluted that LaLight would be forced into leaving him with the control.

He had been outsmarted once again by LaLight's genius and persistence.

"Oh well," Uncleeurope mumbled, "I will just have to move on from that plan."

"Maybe I could talk to Arishipshape the Semi-Elite Bodyguard, he might be able to provide his combat training to do what has to be do–" he paused and then lowered his voice. "Erm, to weigh in on what I should do."

And with that statement successfully stumbled through, Uncleeurope headed towards Ari's primary hangout with questionable motives in mind.

"Hmm, he seems dead," was all Uncleeurope could muster as a reply to the corpse that lay before him.

"This just isn't my day."

Day Three has started!

Not voting (10): chairs, jotheonah, MiX, A Drowned Kernel, gkrieg13, Glooble, Galzria, faust, SpaceAnemone, EFHW

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends SOMETIME LATER THAN NOW

Thread Unlocked.

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Night 2!)
« Reply #1076 on: May 09, 2019, 01:22:15 pm »

So we caught scum. Take that everybody who didn't like how I played the gladiator role.

So it sort of looks like Ari bodyguarded faust who scum targeted? That's kind of the only thing that makes sense here. I guess there's no reason for faust not to tell us who he tracked. And then the real Psychologist can claim IFF their results, combined with faust's, lead to an obvious lynch?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 09, 2019, 01:27:44 pm »

Unfortunately the flips and claims still don't tell us definitively whether Galzria is scum promoter or town promoter. But we're 1/5 to catch scum, and if you take faust and I out of that calculation we're 1/4 to lynch scum.

If we massclaim, Psychologist and Vengeful Townie are either ICs or CC'd, which gives us 50 percent to find scum. Assuming no counterclaims, that's 4 ICs and 2 scum in a town of 10 -- 1 in 3 chance of lynching scum. Also in the case where Vengeful is counterclaimed and we lynch the wrong one, we get a town vig shot on the other one, as long as we make them hammer each other. So Vengeful can really easily be IC, but then they do more or less lose their power.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 09, 2019, 01:28:21 pm »

Not saying this is a good plan or that people should do it or not. Just teasing it out since I already claimed VT so it's safe for me to do so.

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 09, 2019, 01:29:52 pm »

Not saying this is a good plan or that people should do it or not. Just teasing it out since I already claimed VT so it's safe for me to do so.

I think it's a good plan
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: May 09, 2019, 01:30:06 pm »

It's probably mass claim time, but I didn't really bother to think about this, too busy celebrating! Yeeeeeeeeah swan's dead, woooooooo!

8-2, so we have a total of...2 possible mislynches? right? 4 ICs means we're 4-2 now...hmm...numbers are failing me. Ah, we have 6 ICs, so...we win?

Okay, let's take a look at what we know:

- faust is tracker, so IC
- joth is IC
- Galz is probably IC, and if he's not we'll figure it out soon enough (?)
- I'm totally IC, unless somone has a problem with this?
- Lynchee is IC, and they're still alive
- Psychologist is IC
- Vengeful Townie is IC

So that's like 7 of us! Hahahaha! Fear scum, for we have already won! Can anyone find great flaws in this? We basically have an overflow of ICs here!

PPE 2: Yeah, basically that, plus everyone should believe me here right?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 09, 2019, 01:31:13 pm »

That you're an IC? Why?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 09, 2019, 01:34:23 pm »

That you're an IC? Why?

Because why not? We don't need this as long as I'm right about who Lynchee is, but still, it would make all of our lives much better. Also I believe this is what we determined EoD1 and SoD2, right?

(End of Day 1 and Start of Day 2)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1083 on: May 09, 2019, 01:36:16 pm »

MiX and Galz are probably town but neither of them is an IC.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 09, 2019, 01:36:58 pm »

MiX and Galz are probably town but neither of them is an IC.

Vote: Glooble, you've been scumreading me for far too long! Not taking that anymore, that's for sure.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 09, 2019, 01:37:14 pm »

Do we know that the lynchee knows they're lynchee? I kind of assumed they didn't.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1086 on: May 09, 2019, 01:37:50 pm »

I also agree with the claiming plan.

PPE1: I’m not scumreading you MiX, I literally just said you’re probably town.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 09, 2019, 01:37:57 pm »

It's probably mass claim time, but I didn't really bother to think about this, too busy celebrating! Yeeeeeeeeah swan's dead, woooooooo!

8-2, so we have a total of...2 possible mislynches? right? 4 ICs means we're 4-2 now...hmm...numbers are failing me. Ah, we have 6 ICs, so...we win?

Okay, let's take a look at what we know:

- faust is tracker, so IC
- joth is IC
- Galz is probably IC, and if he's not we'll figure it out soon enough (?)
- I'm totally IC, unless somone has a problem with this?
- Lynchee is IC, and they're still alive
- Psychologist is IC
- Vengeful Townie is IC

So that's like 7 of us! Hahahaha! Fear scum, for we have already won! Can anyone find great flaws in this? We basically have an overflow of ICs here!

PPE 2: Yeah, basically that, plus everyone should believe me here right?

Actually this post is pretty scummy.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:44 pm »

That was a bit...fast...I'm sorry...

Unvote, can you tell I'm kinda scumreading you Glooble?

Do we know that the lynchee knows they're lynchee? I kind of assumed they didn't.

I do! And hopefully it's not you!

PPE 2: Yeah I know Glooble, sorry, I read it too fast.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 09, 2019, 01:39:30 pm »

I pretty sure they don't
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 09, 2019, 01:39:58 pm »

There's no lynchee role PM in the opening post. Where is this info coming from?

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 09, 2019, 01:40:16 pm »

Sweet - I’ll assume Ari died protecting a player, as he should’ve been in scum’s potential mislynch list for today.

I’m also taking Gkrieg as an IC for today, unless the Psychologist reports him as scum as that should’ve been the Psychologist’s target last night (Faust confirmed he didn’t do anything N1 so if he’s scum he still would’ve given a pure result to the Psychologist). If I’m wrong, obviously the Psychologist shouldn’t correct me (unless they found scum elsewhere, obviously)

Faust should keep his tracker information to himself here, at least for the time being, unless he tracked a person that targeted him (and isn’t Ari), as the Psychologist wouldn’t have targeted Faust, and thus the player in question here would have to be scum.

Obviously I can still potentially be scum to everyone else, but lynching me today would be a mistake, as you can force lynch me tomorrow (Gladiator challenges me) if it came down to it - but any scum lynch today verifies my claim.

MiX I still very much believe to be town, based on his posts regarding concerns/mistated beliefs about being in the upper right quadrant - something scum would know isn’t true.

Joth should also be removed from the lynch pool for today, as it’s not SUPER likely that scum!Joth challenged scum!Swan. Not impossible, but not likely.

That leaves: Chairs, ADK, Glooble, Space, EFHW as my primary suspects for today. I’m off to work, but I’ll start my rereads later tonight.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 09, 2019, 01:43:34 pm »

Actually I just realized Psychologist claim on anyone who isn't conf!town ends the game right here and right now. That is, if Psychologist targetted someone N1 that isn't conf!town (or swan, I guess :P ), they should claim: this would give us...6 ICs? In total, which is enough.

Also, I only have a hunch on who Lynchee is, but I think it's a pretty strong one.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 09, 2019, 01:44:45 pm »

Actually I just realized Psychologist claim on anyone who isn't conf!town ends the game right here and right now. That is, if Psychologist targetted someone N1 that isn't conf!town (or swan, I guess :P ), they should claim: this would give us...6 ICs? In total, which is enough.

Also, I only have a hunch on who Lynchee is, but I think it's a pretty strong one.

How is speculating on the identity of the lynchee at all helpful?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 09, 2019, 01:46:41 pm »

How is speculating on the identity of the lynchee at all helpful?

If we knew exactly who Lynchee was, we would win right now. That's mostly it, really.

Vote: EFHW

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: May 09, 2019, 01:47:12 pm »

Someone who a mild scum read has a strong hunch about =/= IC. Probably the worst use of "IC" I've ever seen.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 09, 2019, 01:48:09 pm »

MiX, you may as well share your hunch and your reasons for it. Not sure why you're holding back. If we agree with you that's useful PoE.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 09, 2019, 01:50:53 pm »

Someone who a mild scum read has a strong hunch about =/= IC. Probably the worst use of "IC" I've ever seen.

Fine, fine, geeez, just excited that we'll get a bunch of ICs. I agree that Lynchee will never be an IC, just town :P

MiX, you may as well share your hunch and your reasons for it. Not sure why you're holding back. If we agree with you that's useful PoE.

I would rather wait for scum to wake up first. No reason not to, right? Also it's only useful if we do the massclaim, which I believe...is not necessary. Because scum can't claim PRs otherwise they enter a terrible conflict. I'll use the hunch when voting, which will make it obvious, but no need for me to say it.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #1098 on: May 09, 2019, 01:51:41 pm »

Vote Count 1.final

MiX (2): Glooble, gkrieg13
A Drowned Kernel (1): mcmcsalot
jotheonah (5): chairs, Galzria, arishipshape, Joseph2302, MiX
Joseph2302 (6): SpaceAnemone, DatSwan, EFHW, faust, jotheonah, A Drowned Kernel

Not voting (0):

With 14 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

vote:chairs

It seems likely that at the end of day 1 when the main two lynch options were joth and Joseph, there would be at least one scum on each. That would make either chairs or MiX scum. And I really do think MiX is likely town.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 09, 2019, 01:53:34 pm »

what about just the vengeful townie claiming? That claim is basically guaranteed an IC since, as I said before, if we have a counterclaim we just make whichever one we don't lynch promise to hammer the other one. Is that more or less useful than letting them stay hidden and getting a possible vig shot if and only if we mislynch them (and no value if they're nightkilled)? It seems more useful to me.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 68  All

Page created in 1.944 seconds with 19 queries.