Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over: Town wins)  (Read 149901 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 4)
« Reply #1025 on: May 23, 2019, 04:44:11 am »

You are a VFD according to my cop result and if you aren't a town volunteer, that means you must be scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 23, 2019, 04:46:31 am »

You are a VFD according to my cop result and if you aren't a town volunteer, that means you must be scum.
Well I figured that this is what you are hinting at. It means either scum messed with your result or you are scum... now if only I knew which.

Can you explain why you chose to target me or does that go too far into talking about your reads?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 23, 2019, 04:49:15 am »

It is definitely interesting that this game seems to rehash the multiple Cops idea from DS9. That makes the claim believable. But at the same time, if town can have a Baudelaire Cop, scum can have a VFD Cop.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1028 on: May 23, 2019, 04:53:59 am »

Can you explain why you chose to target me or does that go too far into talking about your reads?

I thought you might be the remaining Baudelaire and hoped to be able to decide a counterclaim situation in town's favor. That didn't happen but this is also good.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1029 on: May 23, 2019, 04:54:40 am »

But at the same time, if town can have a Baudelaire Cop, scum can have a VFD Cop.

Are you saying that I messed with my own result then?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #1030 on: May 23, 2019, 05:04:20 am »

Rushing makes no sense really. We now have a scum flip, so it's a good time to reread and figure out who the partners are. But everyone just seems intent on quick voting. I don't think hunting for Eddie's partners will out the last Baudelaire.

So, did you find anything?
I find myself not having a whole lot of time. I started a reread and a noticable thing was the early wagon on ash which was like MiX, shraeye, raerae, WCD, Awaclus. That is an interesting bunch of people; I feel it is unlikely that Awaclus would join partner!shraeye there, and thus it would mean that that shraeye is town - that is, unless Awaclus is town whose result got messed with N2... but I am willing to go with town!shraeye.

If we look at the end of day, the Eddie wagon at peak is

Eddie (5): faust, Awaclus, mcmc, MiX, pubby

Well if MiX is scum then I think he joins the wagon, two scum wagons are bad for scum, you'd at least want to make it look like you're fighting. Awaclus gets town points for being on Eddie. MiX is being pushed by ash and Swan. Swan is like, quite agitated apparently and heavily opposed to no lynch... yet ends the Day voting for someone who (at the time Swan left) had no other votes on them. Not exactly helping to get a lynch.

There is this quote that seems more like white knighting than partner defending though:
I dislike the DatSwan votes, btw.

Feels like that's worth mentioning.

For now I am most feeling a MiX/ash team.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 23, 2019, 05:06:25 am »

But at the same time, if town can have a Baudelaire Cop, scum can have a VFD Cop.

Are you saying that I messed with my own result then?
If you are scum, it is well within the scope of the possible that you investigated someone else and claimed a result on me. Not sure if that counts as messing with things.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 23, 2019, 05:12:24 am »

Mf, I thought I'd check D3 to see if mcmc hinted anything about his target. Nothing there. We know that he didn't target Awaclus or ash I guess, other than that it's hard to discern.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 23, 2019, 05:20:00 am »

I am not sure about the vote count, but I think there aren't a lot of votes on MiX, so vote: MiX

I'm also not buying the VT claim, pretty sure everyone has a PR here.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #1034 on: May 23, 2019, 07:31:45 am »

This final chapter of Violet Baidelaire’s life, following the loss of her two siblings, might have been one of the darkest chapters of her life. But like all dark chapters, it had streams of light — a handful of Very Fine Days, one might say.

This was the time when Violet learned of the VFD, a secret organization of which her parents were members. It was the time when she met Duncan, Isadora, and Quigley Quagmire, three other siblings, three other orphaned siblings whose similar take of woe could fill its own mafia game. And it was when she met my own siblings, Jacques and Kit Snicket, agents of the VFD who would do their best to keep her alive.

Voting: Fever Dream

ash (1): A Drowned Kernel
faust (1): Awaclus
DatSwan (1): MiX
MiX (1): faust

Not voting (4): shraeye, raerae, DatSwan, ashersky

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch most players. Day 4 begins now and will go until 10:00 PM forum time on May 26th.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 23, 2019, 08:38:28 am »

Ash, who do you trust other than me?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 23, 2019, 08:40:44 am »

So your results come back VFD or not VFD?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 23, 2019, 08:43:44 am »

@faust, what's the sugar bowl do? You say it's powerful but when Didds claimed it didn't do much you voted for her.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1038 on: May 23, 2019, 08:44:29 am »

Yes, and to clarify:

N1 I targeted shraeye and got no result
N2 I targeted shraeye and got not VFD
N3 I targeted faust and got VFD

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 23, 2019, 08:50:25 am »

Yes, and to clarify:

So how does shraeye being "not VFD" mean he's town? So far as I can tell, and this is mod-confirmed early on, VFD means exactly three people in this game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1040 on: May 23, 2019, 08:55:04 am »

Yes, and to clarify:

So how does shraeye being "not VFD" mean he's town? So far as I can tell, and this is mod-confirmed early on, VFD means exactly three people in this game.

VFD means exactly six people in this game. Sources:

1)
for the purposes of this game the term "VFD" will refer to both the Arsonist and Volunteer factions

2) my role PM

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 23, 2019, 09:00:43 am »

Yes, and to clarify:

1)
for the purposes of this game the term "VFD" will refer to both the Arsonist and Volunteer factions

2) my role PM

It's volunteer that just refers to the protectors, gotcha.

Why'd you investigate shraeye?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 23, 2019, 09:02:36 am »

ash reread.

Starts with a bunch of setup talk.

Then we have the ADK vote. I don't know, at the time it felt like typical ash "going against the grain" kind of read... maybe that was the intention. It never made sense to me to scumread ADK.

It it wildly obvious that he is not a Volunteer from how he talks about stuff. He goes after MiX late D1. I would give some non-partner-cred, but a lynch isn't all that likely.

He does not express any sort of opinion for all of D2 until he hammers pubby, which I guess is NAI because raerae already announced intent.

Is scum getting super lucky or are masons giving themselves away?  Because the odds seem low of two random mason hits.
The kind of thing that town doesn't actually want to talk about, but scum might fake in an attempt to appear townie.

Anyway, I believe Eddie over ADK. Raerae seems like the most towny raerae ever, which reminds me of Bankers, which is scary. She also was going to hammer pubby, who was town. (Note: I hammered pubby, who ended up being town, but man, that role. That’s what we get for playing the mod.)

So, raerae is definitely town unless she’s Bankers-ing us.
Trying to avoid ICfication. For people who are not ash I might even give a townread for going against a town consensus.

Okay in summary... very little content, and what content there is all helps a scum agenda... I might even like this lynch more than MiX.

PPE: 6

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 23, 2019, 09:04:23 am »

@faust, what's the sugar bowl do? You say it's powerful but when Didds claimed it didn't do much you voted for her.
I don't know what it does, but I was told that it is important. I thought WCD had some use for it and thus she mentioned it, and then when she said it's not a big deal I thought she wants to hide its powers.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1044 on: May 23, 2019, 09:08:08 am »

Yes, and to clarify:

1)

2) my role PM

It's volunteer that just refers to the protectors, gotcha.

Why'd you investigate shraeye?

He claimed non-volunteer so there was no risk of running into a false positive on a town Volunteer. As for why shraeye instead of MiX who was also a claimed non-volunteer, shraeye claimed a lot later in the day when the focus was already on other things and nobody really paid any attention to it so I was hoping for a slight chance that scum would miss it.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 23, 2019, 09:08:56 am »

I don't know what it does, but I was told that it is important. I thought WCD had some use for it and thus she mentioned it, and then when she said it's not a big deal I thought she wants to hide its powers.

Did you start the game with it?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 23, 2019, 09:13:47 am »

Catching up, a lot of talk for faust and Awaclus to reveal themselves, giving us almost no info (since I didn't see faust's full claim, just "I can commute"), I like how Awaclus confirmed what I expected. Changes almost nothing for me, other than, well, I somewhat want to know what faust actually does.

Mix, what are your thoughts about ADK saying what seems like "poem might not point to ashersky"?

If he's right then it narrows down the messenger. But I think we need to coordinate to understand it, surely together we'll understand it.

It is definitely interesting that this game seems to rehash the multiple Cops idea from DS9. That makes the claim believable. But at the same time, if town can have a Baudelaire Cop, scum can have a VFD Cop.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think the mods would say "VFD refers to Volunteers and Arsonists" if no role needed to know this. Thus, if Awaclus is the only VFD-interacting thing, he needs to be town, because as scum this distinction makes no sense. Alas, maybe someone does have said role, but this is still good to know in case we massclaim for some reason.

He claimed non-volunteer so there was no risk of running into a false positive on a town Volunteer. As for why shraeye instead of MiX who was also a claimed non-volunteer, shraeye claimed a lot later in the day when the focus was already on other things and nobody really paid any attention to it so I was hoping for a slight chance that scum would miss it.

What does that have to do with your targetting? And did you really believe scum would miss a claim? I thought your philosophy was "scum will figure it out eventually", so why was it different here? Also, why did you target faust and not me? If faust was a Volunteer your result would just out an IC.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1047 on: May 23, 2019, 09:34:18 am »

What does that have to do with your targetting? And did you really believe scum would miss a claim? I thought your philosophy was "scum will figure it out eventually", so why was it different here? Also, why did you target faust and not me? If faust was a Volunteer your result would just out an IC.

If scum was under the wrong impression that I was going to target you, that could potentially affect how they make their night actions. I did not really believe scum would miss the claim, but as far as I could tell, there was no particular benefit in targeting you over shraeye so the tiny (but non-zero) chance of scum missing it ended up being the deciding factor.

I targeted faust because I thought he was a Baudelaire, as I have already mentioned. Two Baudelaires were dead already so the situation wasn't looking good, I thought it would be important to focus all of my efforts into protecting the remaining Baudelaire who I thought was faust by being able to confirm his claim if necessary. I recognized the risk of hitting a town Volunteer, but also the twice-as-likely possibility of hitting scum (which happened) and the risk just seemed worth taking in a situation that wasn't looking good.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 23, 2019, 09:37:04 am »

The third volunteer still hasn't claimed, why did you jump to faust being scum VFD instead of the third volunteer?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1049 on: May 23, 2019, 09:46:34 am »

The third volunteer still hasn't claimed, why did you jump to faust being scum VFD instead of the third volunteer?

2/3 chance.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.698 seconds with 19 queries.