Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

4 cards, pick your favorite

<< < (3/3)

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: LittleFish on April 13, 2019, 08:14:39 pm ---Surveyor should be cheaper. In a platinum game it would be to strong for the other players

--- End quote ---

Lots of cards, like all Silver and Gold gainers, are weaker in Platinum games. That’s not a problem.

LittleFish:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on April 14, 2019, 10:31:13 am ---
--- Quote from: LittleFish on April 13, 2019, 08:14:39 pm ---Surveyor should be cheaper. In a platinum game it would be to strong for the other players

--- End quote ---

Lots of cards, like all Silver and Gold gainers, are weaker in Platinum games. That’s not a problem.

--- End quote ---
It says treasure. Platinum is included

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: LittleFish on April 14, 2019, 11:16:28 am ---
--- Quote from: GendoIkari on April 14, 2019, 10:31:13 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
It says treasure. Platinum is included

--- End quote ---

I know. Which means it’s weaker in Platinum games. Just like a lot of official cards are. This isn’t a problem.

segura:

--- End quote ---
Surveyor should be more expensive. In a non-Fountain, Bandit Fort game it is nearly (you might gain some Silvers and Golds and later trash them) as good as a Laboratory.

I hope you see now why arguments about card strength that focus on special cases are dubious; the strength of a card is always Kingdom dependent and it makes more sense to focus on the average than special cases (unless the special cases break the card or lead to rule issues).

popsofctown:
Yeah, but do you buy it turn 1? Surely you don't.  Turn 3?  Maybe, maybe not?  Turn 5?  The point of it is that it is interesting when you should pull the trigger.  It's possibly not as interesting in the dimension of, "should I buy this card ever this game at all".  It is like Donate in this way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version