Dominion > Dominion Articles

Fool

<< < (2/4) > >>

Titandrake:

--- Quote from: crj on April 01, 2019, 08:05:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: GendoIkari on April 01, 2019, 04:55:01 pm ---Fool is super underrated. It really makes me pity it.

--- End quote ---
I already did that one. :-p

--- End quote ---

Please check the source of the first Donald X quote, then report back to me. I take pride in doing due diligence in my joke articles.

--- Quote from: Commodore Chuckles on April 01, 2019, 09:56:06 pm ---I think you're seriously underselling the 3 Boons you get from playing it the first time. If you get River, Field and Forest, that's a friggin Grand Market!

--- End quote ---

Don't you mean Sea's Gift instead of River's Gift?

hhelibebcnofnena:

--- Quote from: hhelibebcnofnena on April 01, 2019, 09:14:22 pm ---Fool gets contested because it's too strong. This is fine with two players, but with three or four, Lost in the Woods will change ownership almost every turn, which slows the game down way too much because of the 3 Boons effect. I play IRL with my family more often than I play online, so that has kind of soured the Foolish experience for me.

It's great with two players though, or if some players skip Fool. And most people here play two player (I think).

Edit: I think part of the problem is also that we don't play as often as people who play online, which means we aren't as familiar with the Boons.

--- End quote ---

Oh my gosh, I didn't check the date... It was so obvious, too, in retrospect. It's literally about Fool, of all things. That whole post looks really stupid now, but I'll keep it for authenticity's sake. Well, I suppose I had to fall for something today. And if it wasn't clear, the portion which is now struck out was just me trying to come up with an explanation for why maybe other people had better experiences than me with Fool. Which makes me look like one.

LittleFish:

--- Quote from: Titandrake on April 01, 2019, 03:07:43 pm ---
Due to the power of Lost in the Woods, it's important to pick up as many Fools as possible. Not only does this protect you from other players taking the Lost in the Woods effect, it also gives you plenty of fodder to feed to Lost in the Woods. A Fool's a Fool, but you could discard that Fool to to Lost in the Woods and get The Sea's Gift to get +1 Card. You could draw anything! It could even be another Fool. This was strong enough that Donald X ended up pairing Fool with Lucky Coin to slow down the game.

--- End quote ---
If it is another fool that you draw with sea's gift, won't it just be useless then?

crj:

--- Quote from: Titandrake on April 01, 2019, 10:04:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: GendoIkari on April 01, 2019, 04:55:01 pm ---Fool is super underrated. It really makes me pity it.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Please check the source of the first Donald X quote, then report back to me. I take pride in doing due diligence in my joke articles.

--- End quote ---
I know you've seen that posting; I'm just not sure Gendolkari has.

(And the pun in my posting's subject line was unobtrusive enough some people may not have spotted it.)

GendoIkari:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I saw this right after my post actually. I had even read the thread just before it, from the OP's link, but didn't notice the title until after.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version