Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ambassador + Beggar + Lighthouse + Triumph  (Read 1140 times)

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
  • Respect: +329
    • View Profile
Ambassador + Beggar + Lighthouse + Triumph
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:47:39 am »
+1

Sorry for even bringing this up, since it will almost never happen... Say you play a Beggar to gain Coppers to your hand, play Ambassador to return those Coppers to the supply but then your opponent has Lighthouse so they don't gain anything, then you buy the Copper back and then buy Triumph. Since you gained the same card twice in one turn, does it count once or twice for Triumph VP?
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador + Beggar + Lighthouse + Triumph
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 12:33:07 pm »
+4

Sorry for even bringing this up, since it will almost never happen... Say you play a Beggar to gain Coppers to your hand, play Ambassador to return those Coppers to the supply but then your opponent has Lighthouse so they don't gain anything, then you buy the Copper back and then buy Triumph. Since you gained the same card twice in one turn, does it count once or twice for Triumph VP?

Twice. Doesn't matter what the number of physical cards in your deck is at the end of the turn, or which copies of the card were or were not gained, simply the number of times you gained a card.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador + Beggar + Lighthouse + Triumph
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 06:49:46 pm »
+2

Chris is correct. It might even come up more often with Changeling and cards like Trader or Masterpiece: You are supposed to gain a bunch of Silvers in each case, but choose each time to exchange it for a Changeling. So you get the same physical Silver each time (which you then exchange for a Changeling and thus put it back on the pile for the next iteration).

Still, as Chris said, you gain Triumph VP for each Silver you gained (not for the Changelings, as they are exchanged, not gained).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.