Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament Bracket To Determine Best Dominion Card  (Read 1882 times)

kamikazepig

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • Rodriguez and Granderson Are Dead
NCAA Tournament Bracket To Determine Best Dominion Card
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:52:07 pm »
+1

I apologize if this has done before, but I just took every non-standard card (so this includes alt-victories and alt-treasures like Island or Cache, but not: Estate, Duchy, Province, Colony, Copper, Gold, Silver, Potion, Platinum, Curse), seeded them by % bought or gained on the Popular Buys screen, and constructed a bracket with 157 cards. There are 8 regionals, 5 with 20 cards and 3 with 19, and (of course) the first round will have 29 play-in games to whittle the field down to 128, then 64, etc.

The point is: I want to make this a thing where people vote on each round and we determine everyone's favorite card tournament-style, but I'm not great at making polls and I'm not very well-known, so I want help to get people voting. Is this something that people would be interested in? Can somebody help me set up the polls? I already have the bracket built.

Thanks,
Gavin

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: NCAA Tournament Bracket To Determine Best Dominion Card
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:14:51 pm »

It's annoying to make polls on this forum because it's limited to one poll per thread.  As much as I hate to say it, perhaps this would work better on BGG or some other independent site?

Alternatively we could just do it by upvotes.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:20:03 pm »
+1

Some of the free online survey providers may be able to help out. Google had something like this, but I don't know if it's still there.

If you have the brackets, I would suggest seeking out an online survey and present each pair of cards. After a week, compile the results and then post new surveys with the second level of cards. And so forth.

If the intent is to do that March ritual, you might not want to wait a week between votes.
A man has no signature

kamikazepig

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:06:11 pm »

Thanks for the help. I'm going to set this up on SurveyMonkey and I'll just post a link when each new round comes up. Obviously this makes the most sense in the context of March Madness, but it's already a little bit late and I don't want to rush so much that nobody ends up voting. I guess I'll kinda play it by ear a little bit. Thanks again.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:12:20 pm »

Thanks for the help. I'm going to set this up on SurveyMonkey and I'll just post a link when each new round comes up. Obviously this makes the most sense in the context of March Madness, but it's already a little bit late and I don't want to rush so much that nobody ends up voting. I guess I'll kinda play it by ear a little bit. Thanks again.

I imagine the best format would be where you create all the surveys first (natch).

Then, post all the links in one message. Though, I don't know how SurveyMonkey works. I suppose you could put all of the questions on one page. Mess up the order so people can't try to figure out what the bracket is going to (though I guess that's not important).
A man has no signature

kamikazepig

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:53 pm »

Part of the fun of it for me will be seeing the seeds and upsets and people forecasting future matchups (hopefully).

Turns out SurveyMonkey free accounts won't let you post more than 10 questions per survey, but that won't be a problem.

I just finished making 3 surveys for the 29 play-in games. Those seeds are a little bit mixed up. I'm going to post them, and see how many responses I get in the next day or two. Then I'll post the first full round (8 surveys with 8 games each), etc.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.767 seconds with 21 queries.