Dominion > Rules Questions

Sauna and Innovation

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jeebus:

--- Quote from: AJD on January 27, 2019, 07:51:15 pm ---Also, here's my guesses: yes, you can call Coin of the Realm. Citadel tries to replay it but it has no effect because it's just a vanilla Estate now.

(Actually, what does Throne–Inheritance–Embargo so? I guess Citadel–Inheritance–Embargo does the same as that, but I don't remember what the ruling is.)

--- End quote ---

It does nothing; playing a plain Estate has no effect. So you're right that Citadel doesn't do anything no matter what. For practical matters it seems that this only matters for Coin of the Realm. (Edit: It also matters for Citadel, since if it replays a card - even with no effect - it doesn't replay your next card.)

I think my initial question is phrased wrong actually. "When does it trigger" doesn't matter I think. The question is if these cards are like Guildhall, that they only care that you played (or "finished playing") an Action card. It really seems so, especially on Citadel.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: Jeebus on January 27, 2019, 05:32:07 pm ---I'm pretty sure they have the exact same trigger, although it's phrased a bit differently?
--- End quote ---
Yes, they are the same but phrased so as to be clear to players.

--- Quote from: Jeebus on January 27, 2019, 05:32:07 pm ---If you Inherit Embargo and play an Inherited Estate, it's trashed and is not an Action card. Can you now call CotR or Royal Carriage? Does Citadel replay it?

--- End quote ---
So far it seems like, we have a not-ever-happening situation, involving those shapeshifting cards that I may still errata to get rid of this endless nonsense - maybe even if the errata will never make it into physical versions or even the online version. If there's no other way this matters then it doesn't really need a ruling, and if there's some other way this matters then I want to take that into account when ruling. So. Let's wait and see if there's some other way this matters.

Jeebus:
Well, there's also Mining Village, Experiment, Death Cart, Engineer, etc. that you can Inherit. But it still involves Inheritance so I guess it's not different. I doubt there's any way it matters without Inheritance.

faust:

--- Quote from: Jeebus on January 28, 2019, 12:33:23 am ---Engineer, etc. that you can Inherit.

--- End quote ---
Good luck with that.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: Jeebus on January 28, 2019, 12:33:23 am ---Well, there's also Mining Village, Experiment, Death Cart, Engineer, etc. that you can Inherit. But it still involves Inheritance so I guess it's not different. I doubt there's any way it matters without Inheritance.

--- End quote ---
You wouldn't be calling Coin of the Realm after a Mining Village or Experiment. So there's Death Cart, you might actually Inherit that and then want more actions after playing one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version