Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377589 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Night 2)
« Reply #1725 on: March 19, 2019, 02:06:27 am »

Why was Raerae your first instinct?

Oh I just finished a reread as well. I can recommend it.

Vote: raerae

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 19, 2019, 02:40:55 am »

She stuck out the most when rereading shraeye. Then I reread all the people who stuck out and decided that actually, e is the scummiest.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 19, 2019, 03:09:28 am »

She stuck out the most when rereading shraeye. Then I reread all the people who stuck out and decided that actually, e is the scummiest.

Who would you want to kill if it wasn't e?

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 19, 2019, 03:28:33 am »

I do not want to answer that question.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 19, 2019, 03:32:24 am »

Well that is unfortunate. How many people are on your okay-to-kill-today list? And how many are you satisfied with?

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 19, 2019, 03:36:41 am »

Well that is unfortunate. How many people are on your okay-to-kill-today list? And how many are you satisfied with?
I don't have a list like that.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 19, 2019, 03:53:43 am »

I don't have a list like that.

Okay, well did you think of a name when I asked my initial question?

I don''t know why I am pursuing this, but it seems important for me getting a read on you, despite how meaningless any information I achieve is, now.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 19, 2019, 04:21:12 am »

Yes.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 19, 2019, 04:46:22 am »

Yes.

Perfect.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 3)
« Reply #1734 on: March 19, 2019, 05:18:47 am »

Okay, raerae, who would you vote for after MiX?

I want MiX, why do I have to compromise on that? I'm constantly accused of knowing anything and everything about shraeye, a shraerae team accusation gets made every game we're in, yet now when I actually feel confident about something related to him I'm dismissed because how could I ever possibly know anything about how shraeye thinks? It's nonsense. I'm not moving.

So your vote is locked in? No other person will be receiving your vote today? No other human in this game is worthy of suspicion at this moment?

I feel strongly enough that MiX is scum that I don't want to move. I'm pissed that people have dismissed my case because I couldn't possibly know what my husband (the man I've known since we were 14) could possibly be thinking. So, in defense of myself, in defiance of other loud voices in the game, and out of a not small amount of stubbornness, you're right and my vote is locked.

I am assuming I did not read your MiX case closely enough, so I will re-do that now.
Also though - you should probably read some other cases if you have time before DL. Tunneling one person at this junction is most likely not good for town.

Do you think I haven't been reading? Sticking to my guns and ignoring the game are two different things. I don't love the e case, don't really even like it, and I'm feeling less good about faust this game than last. He feels the same about me I'd guess so that doesn't really mean much.  But I have nothing other than feelings to go on there, I can't even give a blow by blow of what I don't like about the case, it just doesn't feel right to me.  I'm not sure about chicken because he's new so while I agree with some points made I'm not comfortable enough that he's scum to dive in on that one.

... I just meant I thought i missed your E! case and needed to re read it. didn't mean to imply anything else.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 19, 2019, 07:09:41 am »

ashersky, where are you likely to vote?

Anyone but me, basically.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 19, 2019, 07:40:10 am »

Didds, you don't like the e wagon because Eddie is on it, but you don't list Eddie as one of the people you would lynch. How does that work?

Ehhh....he jumps around a lot so I’m not convinced he’ll stay, although the longer that persists the less relevant this is. But if he stays just long enough for it to reach a critical mass and then hops, that feels disengenious to me. So, a rather minor point, but between the (increasingly suspicious) faust, MiX, and Eddie, it’s just seems like a rather unattractive option. If there were more of my town reads locked in there, I’d feel more secure.

What do you think, EFHW, of the pressure that faust is giving me about weighing options? Does this fit into your manipulation narrative about him this game? It feels decidedly odd to me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 19, 2019, 08:00:57 am »

Vote: WCD

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 19, 2019, 08:36:34 am »

I want MiX, why do I have to compromise on that? I'm constantly accused of knowing anything and everything about shraeye, a shraerae team accusation gets made every game we're in, yet now when I actually feel confident about something related to him I'm dismissed because how could I ever possibly know anything about how shraeye thinks? It's nonsense. I'm not moving.

So your vote is locked in? No other person will be receiving your vote today? No other human in this game is worthy of suspicion at this moment?

I feel strongly enough that MiX is scum that I don't want to move. I'm pissed that people have dismissed my case because I couldn't possibly know what my husband (the man I've known since we were 14) could possibly be thinking. So, in defense of myself, in defiance of other loud voices in the game, and out of a not small amount of stubbornness, you're right and my vote is locked.

Will you ever admit that you were wrong when I flip town?

Didds, you don't like the e wagon because Eddie is on it, but you don't list Eddie as one of the people you would lynch. How does that work?

Ehhh....he jumps around a lot so I’m not convinced he’ll stay, although the longer that persists the less relevant this is. But if he stays just long enough for it to reach a critical mass and then hops, that feels disengenious to me. So, a rather minor point, but between the (increasingly suspicious) faust, MiX, and Eddie, it’s just seems like a rather unattractive option. If there were more of my town reads locked in there, I’d feel more secure.

What do you think, EFHW, of the pressure that faust is giving me about weighing options? Does this fit into your manipulation narrative about him this game? It feels decidedly odd to me.

Hmm...what do you actually think of Eddie? Is he scum? Is he town? Null? Not liking how someone votes isn't a reason for not joining whatever wagon they're on.

And now, @chicken, what are your scumreads? And what do you think of Space and EFHW?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 19, 2019, 09:11:23 am »

Hmm...what do you actually think of Eddie? Is he scum? Is he town? Null? Not liking how someone votes isn't a reason for not joining whatever wagon they're on.

Sure it is. You say that like it is a universal truth.  It might not be a reason for you, but that isn’t true of everybody. And looking at the wagon and thinking about who is on it, is definitely one of the things I do.

As far as Eddie’s status....somewhere between null and scum.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: March 19, 2019, 10:07:31 am »

My guess is that you are his second choice after e so he is trying to make things uncomfortable for you.

My concern about manipulation is that the Awaclus case felt very iffy to me. Like he was spinning things as scummy as opposed to actually finding scummy things. His case on e feels very much the same.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:53 am »

Okay, I'm here. I still feel like garbage and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get all the way caught up because I have a bunch of other stuff I need to catch up on today too, I've been useless in all areas of my life not just forum mafia.

If there's anything anyone asked me that they want a response to, point it out for me and I'll address it, and I'll try to do some catching up and giving my thoughts over the course of the day.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 19, 2019, 10:15:31 am »

Odds are actually better than usual that I'll be around for deadline tomorrow, but I'll probably only be active for like the last hour or so before deadline.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 19, 2019, 10:17:58 am »

My issue with your case is that there are many possible reasons for why Shraeye's team killed Glooble. If MiX is scum, then Glooble's suspecting him would have been a factor. But MiX could be town and Shraeye's team would still have compelling reasons to nk Glooble. He was going to be hard to lynch and at one point Shraeye had a scumread on him. So for me it doesn't follow that MiX HAS to be scum.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 19, 2019, 10:19:51 am »

I'm at basically the worst level of focus for this ever, so no promises, but I think this is the VC right now:

Vote Count 3.5.UoS

2.71828..... (3): UncleEurope, SpaceAnemone, MiX
chickenwarlord (3): DatSwan, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds
MiX (2): raerae, chickenwarlord
faust (1): UmbrageOfSnow
UmbrageOfSnow (1): EFHW
Didds (1): faust

Not Voting (1): ashersky

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch most players. Day 3 will end at 12 pm forum time/US ET (16:00 GMT) on Wednesday, March 20th .

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:27 am »

Space/MiX, could you two summarize the e case for me?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:13 am »

My concern about manipulation is that the Awaclus case felt very iffy to me. Like he was spinning things as scummy as opposed to actually finding scummy things. His case on e feels very much the same.
I don't understand how the two would feel the same. The Awaclus push had some amount of insincerity of course, since I had a hidden agenda. I don't understand how the e case is similar however... with Awaclus, I have tunneled him all day, hammering home the same point over and over again. With e, I have deliberately withheld my thoughts in order to get unbiased rereads from other players, I have only made the case when pressed and it involves an evaluation of his whole game and interactions rather than just a single vote. The two things are different in basically every respect.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1747 on: March 19, 2019, 10:29:08 am »

Vote Count 3.6
Worf looks up at the sound of the turbolift, and is greeted by the odd sight of Kasidy Yates and Morn, marching towards his office. He walks out to meet them.
"Why are our ships being detained?" asks Kasidy. Morn nods in agreement.
"We have had six murders in the last three days," says Worf. "It would be irresponsible to allow any civilian traffic to leave the station until the murderers are caught."
"We'll see about that," says Kasidy.

Vote count:
faust (1): UmbrageOfSnow
MiX (2): raerae, chickenwarlord
WCD (1): faust
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch most players. Day 3 will end at 12 pm forum time/US ET (16:00 GMT) on Wednesday, March 20th . That's in a little over 24 hours, folks.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 19, 2019, 10:34:18 am »

Okay, let's ruin Glooble's hard work
Vote: MiX

MiX (3): raerae, chickenwarlord, Umbrageofsnow

WCD (1): faust

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 19, 2019, 10:59:42 am »

Vote: WCD

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 20 queries.