Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 385573 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 5)
« Reply #2850 on: April 07, 2019, 05:42:29 pm »

Garak being leftover doesn't matter either because, again, no vig, no cop, no doc.  Here's my concern, what if Ash is lying, what if he's loved, what if he pushes us to deadline and we end up with a No Lynch?  I'd rather get a guaranteed kill than push to deadline.

Impossible, scumteam is Garak/O'Brian if snow's scum. Unless...you're Garak? Impossible.

Yeah, I'm scum and shamelessly and loudly defended my partner for five days.  Caught me.  I'm that bad at being scum.

It's as good of a scum gambit as tunnelling town all day, so you tell me.

Also, one nice thing about Ash's fakeclaim is that it really does open the way up for talking about the SK siding with town here. There are a few possible circumstances where it's useful for the SK to take out the other Maquis, so it's possible they'll follow the fake-SK's lead on that.

SK will only kill MQ if we mislynch, so there's no point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 07, 2019, 05:43:31 pm »

Or I’m lying town trying to out an overly aggressive SK who overplays their hand.

Or I’m really the SK trying to lure out the mafia into giving themselves away with a seemingly sloppy claim so close to day’s end.

Or I’m SK lying about being the commuter to force a counterclaim to help me choose night targets.

Lots of ORs possible (I can think of more), all of which turn out badly for town.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 07, 2019, 05:43:42 pm »

Yeah, I'm scum and shamelessly and loudly defended my partner for five days.  Caught me.  I'm that bad at being scum.

If you're townie, and we've caught Ash in a scumslip because he didn't know that the SK was fully bulletproof, then it seems like you have a strong incentive to vote for Ash.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: April 07, 2019, 05:44:11 pm »

Garak being leftover doesn't matter either because, again, no vig, no cop, no doc.  Here's my concern, what if Ash is lying, what if he's loved, what if he pushes us to deadline and we end up with a No Lynch?  I'd rather get a guaranteed kill than push to deadline.

Impossible, scumteam is Garak/O'Brian if snow's scum. Unless...you're Garak? Impossible.

To test your theory, just put him at L-0, I promise I'll vote ADK after that. But you have to hurry.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: April 07, 2019, 05:45:03 pm »

Also, one nice thing about Ash's fakeclaim is that it really does open the way up for talking about the SK siding with town here. There are a few possible circumstances where it's useful for the SK to take out the other Maquis, so it's possible they'll follow the fake-SK's lead on that.

Not true. Think about it some more.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 07, 2019, 05:45:41 pm »

Or I’m lying town trying to out an overly aggressive SK who overplays their hand.

Or I’m really the SK trying to lure out the mafia into giving themselves away with a seemingly sloppy claim so close to day’s end.

Or I’m SK lying about being the commuter to force a counterclaim to help me choose night targets.

Lots of ORs possible (I can think of more), all of which turn out badly for town.

Town lying is terrible here and you absolutely know this.

You can't be SK because you slipped non-SK.

You can be MQ!Loved, which is kinda bad for town...

Not true. Think about it some more.

Are you including No Lynch scenarios? Because I was not.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 07, 2019, 05:46:01 pm »

If you're townie, and we've caught Ash in a scumslip because he didn't know that the SK was fully bulletproof, then it seems like you have a strong incentive to vote for Ash.

So many IFs. Might I suggest a re-think?  You can’t catch scum claiming scum in a scumslip. You (especially you) should be considering how much of my claims were true, not how much were lies, and decide if the risk is worth it.

If you really think I’m not the SK or the Commuter, then doesn’t the SK kill me tonight for town anyway?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 07, 2019, 05:46:57 pm »

Town lying is absolutely 100% the correct move here, and you probably don’t know this yet. But you will, someday.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: April 07, 2019, 05:47:55 pm »

The other thing nobody's pointed out is that the "real" SK hasn't counter-claimed.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 07, 2019, 05:48:43 pm »

So many IFs. Might I suggest a re-think?  You can’t catch scum claiming scum in a scumslip. You (especially you) should be considering how much of my claims were true, not how much were lies, and decide if the risk is worth it.

If you really think I’m not the SK or the Commuter, then doesn’t the SK kill me tonight for town anyway?

Lynching MQ's the safest way to get to LyLo, which means we need to lynch you right now.

Town lying is absolutely 100% the correct move here, and you probably don’t know this yet. But you will, someday.

It is not and I guess I'm wrong at the same time. Sadly, you're scum, so you have no reason to make a correct argument, which means I'll have to wait for another game to hear why this is true.

The other thing nobody's pointed out is that the "real" SK hasn't counter-claimed.

SA just agreed with me that ash is MQ. That sounds like the position SK would do. Then again, so did I.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 07, 2019, 05:49:19 pm »

To test your theory, just put him at L-0, I promise I'll vote ADK after that. But you have to hurry.

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 07, 2019, 05:49:58 pm »

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

STOP BEING STUBBORN AND BE PRO TOWN FOR ONCE! PLEASE! I NEED YOUR VOTE! I KNOW YOU SCUMREAD ME ALL GAME, BUT FOR ONCE, TRUST ME!

Gotta love deadline activity.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: April 07, 2019, 05:50:36 pm »

Seriously, MiX just ensured I'm not voting for Ash today.  So we can have a lynch or not, you two get to decide.  Ash, come on over to ADK if you aren't there already.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: April 07, 2019, 05:52:25 pm »

Seriously, MiX just ensured I'm not voting for Ash today.  So we can have a lynch or not, you two get to decide.  Ash, come on over to ADK if you aren't there already.

Raerae, please, think about everyone, not just yourself. Set aside your ego, your pride, your stubborness, and believe in me. Please. This is how we'll win. Why is ADK in any way more MQ than scumslipping!ash? He's not! Dammit! I really don't want to think about an ash!raerae team but you're kinda making me do it! Just vote ash, I beg you, raerae, PLEASE.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: April 07, 2019, 05:54:13 pm »

Raerae, please, think about everyone, not just yourself. Set aside your ego, your pride, your stubborness, and believe in me. Please. This is how we'll win. Why is ADK in any way more MQ than scumslipping!ash? He's not! Dammit! I really don't want to think about an ash!raerae team but you're kinda making me do it! Just vote ash, I beg you, raerae, PLEASE.

You literally just accused me of being his partner.  Threatening me works just as well as telling me what to do. 

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: April 07, 2019, 05:55:54 pm »

You literally just accused me of being his partner.  Threatening me works just as well as telling me what to do. 

Look, I don't know how to convince you. I don't! I have no idea! But I don't have time to learn, you just have to trust me, please, raerae, just vote ash, he's MQ, can you believe me? Can you believe Space? Anyone? Please? Do something!

And it's not a threat, it's me not wanting to lose to ash!raerae because you were too stubborn to bus today, I really don't want to throw away the slim chance I have to win by doing that.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 07, 2019, 05:56:38 pm »

Is ADK here? Is Didds here? We need some coordination, I have about half an hour left and we need to consolidate our votes.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 07, 2019, 05:58:23 pm »

It's absurd, the SK hasn't counter-claimed, you're voting for him over semantics.  EVERYBODY (except for ADK) agrees ADK is Maquis.  He should be our lynch.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 07, 2019, 05:59:58 pm »

Vote: ADK

You know what who cares, ash!raerae is essencially impossible. You win raerae, not gonna argue more.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 07, 2019, 06:01:09 pm »

It's one single conditional, and that's on whether raerae is town. If she's town, there's a strong argument for her voting for you.

The rest is fact, it just depends on whether you classify SK as "scum" for "scumslip" or not. I asserted that we've caught you in a scumslip, meaning that we've caught you in a lie only Maquis would tell. It's clearly a lie because your narrative contradicted a mod-given piece of information. You've agreed yourself that there are a limited number of scenarios you've named where this might have happened, all of which involve active deception. By far and away the most likely reason for you to have done that is that you're Maquis fighting to save yourself from the lynch.

The fact that you then threw out a "likely Maquis pair" that included me shows that you haven't really been buying into the genuine Maquis-hunting going on here, because the people who're actively hunting will remember that EFHW cleared me.

PPE 5

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 07, 2019, 06:02:03 pm »

Vote: ADK

You know what who cares, ash!raerae is essencially impossible. You win raerae, not gonna argue more.

That was L-1. Oops.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 07, 2019, 06:03:13 pm »

So, Space, wanna convince raerae to vote ash or do you just want to lynch the next MQ? I'm fine either way...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 07, 2019, 06:04:43 pm »

Fake claiming SK as mafia is basically unforgivable if you have partners alive, because you are screwing them over. If I fake claim SK, I do it as town.

As for you being “cleared” stop resting on that possibility, given it could be from a number of other reasons. Including you being the “SK” if you want to keep pushing the idea that I am not.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 07, 2019, 06:05:17 pm »

I also wish raerae was my partner (or anyone really) because then I’m not in this position.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 07, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »

Fake claiming SK as mafia is basically unforgivable if you have partners alive, because you are screwing them over. If I fake claim SK, I do it as town.

As for you being “cleared” stop resting on that possibility, given it could be from a number of other reasons. Including you being the “SK” if you want to keep pushing the idea that I am not.

You knew you were getting lynched, so how does claiming SK hurt your partners?

I also wish raerae was my partner (or anyone really) because then I’m not in this position.

Come on, Snow was a good partner, and shraeye? Man, that guy was so towny SK took him out! Don't hate on your MQ buddies  :P
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.