Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 294231 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1975 on: February 19, 2019, 10:25:32 pm »

Alright team, we are again ambling sloooowly towards the deadline.  Let's get real and make this happen in the next 24 hrs, eh?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 19, 2019, 10:32:53 pm »

Alright team, we are again ambling sloooowly towards the deadline.  Let's get real and make this happen in the next 24 hrs, eh?

Let's do it! Who are you voting for again?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 19, 2019, 10:36:11 pm »

Mr. The Faust

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 19, 2019, 10:37:09 pm »

Mr. The Faust

Seems like a poor choice. Why not EFHW?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 19, 2019, 10:57:35 pm »

Mr. The Faust

You should put that in your signature.

I am much more keen on the Vote: Joseph tactic you mentioned earlier.

Or the Ariship idea, but that seems to be a no-go...

EFHW as a kill option seems to be hinging the game on chance, the possibility that she is scum seems really low, like, really low.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: February 19, 2019, 11:05:35 pm »

Mr. The Faust

Claim sounded towny, claim was risky as scum, I think the timing isn't as strange as faust paints it.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 20, 2019, 12:09:25 am »

@EFHW what do you think of faust’s pseudo-case in #1952? I say pseudo-case not out of disrespect but just that it didn’t over sell what he thinks.
He's being fair. I didn't say anything early about Eddie because I didn't want to be asked why. I planned to say it near the deadline. I guess he would have made a different choice. I wouldn't vote me based on that, and he isn't either, so far.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 20, 2019, 12:11:48 am »

Mr. The Faust
Are you still interested in silver?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 20, 2019, 01:33:35 am »

Anyway, I think there is some substantive and nuanced differences between the two plays you sense tension in. Most notably my posts that might "piss people off, frustrate people, draw attention to myself" actually contain evidence, references, and reasoned arguments, and attempts to be helpful to town. I don't see that from Ari.
And scum would not coach a newbie into appearing helpful to town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 20, 2019, 05:22:08 am »

Depending in how interested people are in voting for Joseph, I might put together a case for him being town. I think out of all options for today (excluding me), he is the worst.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07:06 am »

That would be interesting; I have a hard time seeing how Joseph's playstyle amounts to a town read.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 20, 2019, 08:00:46 am »

That would be interesting; I have a hard time seeing how Joseph's playstyle amounts to a town read.
Same

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 20, 2019, 08:36:26 am »

Depending in how interested people are in voting for Joseph, I might put together a case for him being town. I think out of all options for today (excluding me), he is the worst.
Don't you just love it when two scumreads defend eachother?  It kinda puts a nice bow on everything.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 20, 2019, 08:36:54 am »

Mr. The Faust
Are you still interested in silver?
Meh; definitely not my preference.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:41 am »

Okay, I tried to gather my thoughts. First I think everyone can reread Joseph, they (I just remembered that Jospeh said they prefer "they" pronouns; sorry about before) have not terribly many posts and the vast majority of them is short.

If you look at the posts, I think a thing that strikes me as townie is their reads are never hedgy. At every point Joseph's scum and town reads are very clear and when they are pressed to share what their read on a specific player are, there is always a short definite concise answer.

Some other posts that I think are townie:

LL is mason, so that's one of the big wagons off the table.
And we know that {mail-mi, raerae} aren't LL's mason partner (as LL suggested them as lynch candidates)

I think {raerae, DatSwan, mail-mi} are the 3 I'd prefer for today
None of them seem towny to me (mail-mi would be my least preferred of the 3, as it's mainly for anti-town lurking)

PPE: 1
He puts his would lynchs as 3 townies. I think Joseph is the kind of player that would name a scumpartner here.

Also a rules question:
Mod: if Masons are in the setup, are there guaranteed to be at least 2 of them
I am pretty sure scum has gone through things and knows that shraeye is LaLight's partner at this point. The question could be fake, but it is so awkward that I am not sure scum would come up with it in the first place.

Vote: Datswan
That "read" of me was a load of fake bullshit trying to pull a case from nothing
Very scummy
This just reads genuine to me. The case was pretty bad.

Let's do some maths here
13 players so max 10 town
Setup says at least 5 VT = max 5 PR

claimed PRs are:
LL- Mason (confirmed)
Shraeye- Mason
Mail-mi - neapolitan (confirmed)
Ari- neapolitan enabler
EFHW- motion detector

I know/believe the other 4 PRs, so the chance of ari being a fifth town PR isn't great

Raerae- I went off the thought of lynching raerae yesterday, because I thought Datswan was scum. Their interactions yesterday always struck me as scum/town
What do you think about mail-mi's supposed result on raerae?
What supposed result?
Clearly I missed it, can someone post it again please?
In a similar vein as before, this reads townie. Scum is clearly aware of the mail-mi thing, I don't think scum tries to fake having missed that when it was talked about so extensively already.

So of the people alive, my views are:

Town: me, shraeye, raerae, faust
Null: Uncle
Slightly scummy: EFHW, ss
Scummy: Debatepro, ari
Probably not as useful to others as it is to me, but I think in our current situation scum very much wants to keep to option open to vote for me, and Joseph puts me as squarely town.
PPE: 2
This is a pro-town effort. I wasn't aware of the 5 VT thing before that. Scum is hesitant to point out setup stuff like that because it tends to get them scumread.

ari, faust, Joseph
Great list. Ari and the two people who seem to find ari the scummiest

Naturally that must be the scum team.......
So, it seems like now is a nice time to claim.  EFHW and raerae have a chance to disagree on that decision, if they can make me believe their opinion.
I think we should've just claimed rather than waste 2 days posting scum reads and waiting for people to do it
But hey, each to their own
The tone in those isn't something that helps Joseph win people to their side. I think it sounds more like annoyed town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:54 am »

I buy the first one of those (naming three town people), but none of the others. Two of them, the rules question and the OMGUS, are even worth scum points imo. I think as a low-effort town you don't have a lot of reason to be frustrated if people scumread you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 20, 2019, 08:52:40 am »

Mr. The Faust
I figured you were just voting for me to bait scum, but no it has gone on for too long and we are too close to the deadline, so I guess somehow you feel I am scum? Does it not bother you that your top townreads disagree?

I don't quite know what else to tell you. I have done my work today and you can follow my thought process. I think you should be able to see that I am town if you read through this without bias. But then again, until some time ago you seemed to have me on the townier side and then you changed, so clearly something has not worked out.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 20, 2019, 08:53:58 am »

Okay, I tried to gather my thoughts. First I think everyone can reread Joseph, they (I just remembered that Jospeh said they prefer "they" pronouns; sorry about before) have not terribly many posts and the vast majority of them is short.

If you look at the posts, I think a thing that strikes me as townie is their reads are never hedgy. At every point Joseph's scum and town reads are very clear and when they are pressed to share what their read on a specific player are, there is always a short definite concise answer.

Some other posts that I think are townie:

LL is mason, so that's one of the big wagons off the table.
And we know that {mail-mi, raerae} aren't LL's mason partner (as LL suggested them as lynch candidates)

I think {raerae, DatSwan, mail-mi} are the 3 I'd prefer for today
None of them seem towny to me (mail-mi would be my least preferred of the 3, as it's mainly for anti-town lurking)

PPE: 1
He puts his would lynchs as 3 townies. I think Joseph is the kind of player that would name a scumpartner here.

Also a rules question:
Mod: if Masons are in the setup, are there guaranteed to be at least 2 of them
I am pretty sure scum has gone through things and knows that shraeye is LaLight's partner at this point. The question could be fake, but it is so awkward that I am not sure scum would come up with it in the first place.

Vote: Datswan
That "read" of me was a load of fake bullshit trying to pull a case from nothing
Very scummy
This just reads genuine to me. The case was pretty bad.

Let's do some maths here
13 players so max 10 town
Setup says at least 5 VT = max 5 PR

claimed PRs are:
LL- Mason (confirmed)
Shraeye- Mason
Mail-mi - neapolitan (confirmed)
Ari- neapolitan enabler
EFHW- motion detector

I know/believe the other 4 PRs, so the chance of ari being a fifth town PR isn't great
This is a pro-town effort. I wasn't aware of the 5 VT thing before that. Scum is hesitant to point out setup stuff like that because it tends to get them scumread.

ari, faust, Joseph
Great list. Ari and the two people who seem to find ari the scummiest

Naturally that must be the scum team.......
So, it seems like now is a nice time to claim.  EFHW and raerae have a chance to disagree on that decision, if they can make me believe their opinion.
I think we should've just claimed rather than waste 2 days posting scum reads and waiting for people to do it
But hey, each to their own
The tone in those isn't something that helps Joseph win people to their side. I think it sounds more like annoyed town.

Raerae- I went off the thought of lynching raerae yesterday, because I thought Datswan was scum. Their interactions yesterday always struck me as scum/town
What do you think about mail-mi's supposed result on raerae?
What supposed result?
Clearly I missed it, can someone post it again please?
In a similar vein as before, this reads townie. Scum is clearly aware of the mail-mi thing, I don't think scum tries to fake having missed that when it was talked about so extensively already.

So of the people alive, my views are:

Town: me, shraeye, raerae, faust
Null: Uncle
Slightly scummy: EFHW, ss
Scummy: Debatepro, ari
Probably not as useful to others as it is to me, but I think in our current situation scum very much wants to keep to option open to vote for me, and Joseph puts me as squarely town.
Formatting messed up. EBWOP.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 20, 2019, 09:22:20 am »

I went back and read some of Joseph's previous games because I had a moment of clarity about them as a player and I wanted to check it. I wondered if I was too harsh to them because of the depth & insight offered by their posts.  I can confirm:
1. They are not a person of many words or insights
2. Their analysis is almost always "definite & concise"

All the above is true when they are scum, go to his profile, click posts, and read his last scum games.

FNG

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 20, 2019, 09:51:31 am »

I went back and read some of Joseph's previous games because I had a moment of clarity about them as a player and I wanted to check it. I wondered if I was too harsh to them because of the depth & insight offered by their posts.  I can confirm:

All the above is true when they are scum, go to his profile, click posts, and read his last scum games.
No not really. I am using M118 as a reference game. He is very reactionary there, most of his posts are direct comments of waht others say. That is very much not the case here. For an illustration of this, Joseph uses the word "agreed" 6 times in M118 (that is 20.6% of all uses of the word in the game - including quoted stuff). He has not used it a single time here.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: February 20, 2019, 09:56:51 am »

No not really. I am using M118 as a reference game. He is very reactionary there, most of his posts are direct comments of waht others say. That is very much not the case here. For an illustration of this, Joseph uses the word "agreed" 6 times in M118 (that is 20.6% of all uses of the word in the game - including quoted stuff). He has not used it a single time here.

You are faster than the flash dude. I didn't do a deep dive. It's was more whether he is scum or town, there aren't a lot of words or depth.
FNG

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 20, 2019, 10:03:25 am »

That is actually an impressive stat.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 20, 2019, 12:15:05 pm »

Mr. The Faust

Claim sounded towny, claim was risky as scum, I think the timing isn't as strange as faust paints it.

In what way was it townie?? Also, screw what faust says (no offense, friend) this was my argument first and I'm not sheeping him. Believe it or not, I am capable of independent thought. Uncle was getting limited pressure when she claimed. She wasn't getting any pressure to claim and very easily could have just said, "He feels townie to me," like EVERY OTHER PERSON in this game has and I would have been the only one upset about it. As scum it was perfect timing because it gets her and her partner a pass for, now, going on two days. They force another mislynch here, she claims a movement result tomorrow on whoever we think is scummiest today (probably Ari), we lunch then and scum wins the game. Done and dusted, dude, done and dusted.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 20, 2019, 12:17:12 pm »

Mr. The Faust

In what way was it townie?? Also, screw what faust says (no offense, friend) this was my argument first and I'm not sheeping him. Believe it or not, I am capable of independent thought. Uncle was getting limited pressure when she claimed. She wasn't getting any pressure to claim and very easily could have just said, "He feels townie to me," like EVERY OTHER PERSON in this game has and I would have been the only one upset about it. As scum it was perfect timing because it gets her and her partner a pass for, now, going on two days. They force another mislynch here, she claims a movement result tomorrow on whoever we think is scummiest today (probably Ari), we lunch then and scum wins the game. Done and dusted, dude, done and dusted.
I look forward to the lunch.

Seriously, I see the deadline fast approaching. I'll be on for the next few hours, so let me know if you want anything from my pretty much doomed person.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 20, 2019, 12:19:52 pm »

Quote from: faust link=topic=19407.msg789240#msg789240
[/quote

Can you explain your math? Last 20 posts are ~600 words of his own text and one instance of agreed. That was about 1 out of 20 posts.
FNG
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100  All

Page created in 1.209 seconds with 20 queries.