Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 294139 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2019, 07:17:59 pm »

Speaking of which, pulling out the “it was all a test” maneuver? A classic play.

To be honest I wasn't quite sure what EFHW had meant at first, but after rereading her, to solidify my read on her, I realized she had said that immediatly after saying I was scummy, so that was the only logical answer.

I like these back-to-back posts we do, they're fun.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

MiX (2): Debatepro, shraeye
silverspawn (2): Joseph2302, LaLight
raerae (2): faust, silverspawn
shraeye (2): raerae, MiX
mail-mi (1): DatSwan
EFHW (1): Uncleeurope

Not Voting (3): mail-mi, arishipshape, EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 05:00:00 pm

Airshipshape has replaced Teproc

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2019, 09:28:30 pm »

I suppose I should share my reads:
faust's null, his early votes are good and his questions are towny, but he could very well do all that as scum, still, it's pro-town, so I hope he continues it.
arishipshape's still towny and will forever be towny untill he does a very big scumslip, for recent evidence of his townyness I present his FoS on me and faust, which is precisely what I would expect from noob!town.
Does this imply that you think my FoS on Faust is wrong? Obviously you will think my FoS on you is wrong, but I want to hear more from you on Faust. You seem very neutral in your read. "Faust is null, Faust is towny but could be scummy" doesn't cut it for me. Are you truly neutral on Faust? Where do you lean?
                                                  Vote Count 1.5

First off, haha very funny. Next and more importantly, who is this Teproc? How did he play? What is his reputation? And please consider me an entirely separate entity from him.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2019, 10:42:00 pm »

1. Debatepro - praised datswan's incomplete summary post which was weird but mostly just feels new to me, not getting anything either way
2. faust - seems to disagree with my game play and that makes me scummy in his eyes, this reads more town than scum to me, scum would be trying harder to make a case whereas he's just pointing out things he finds scummy
3. mail-mi - nada, he's said he's busy, he already out-ed due to busy before the game started, I'm sure he'll catch up soon
4. silverspawn - hoping for more, seems okay, pushing when he sees weirdness
5. Uncleeurope - called out MiX for defending other people before they have a chance to respond, liked that a lot, seems to be calling it like he sees it, totally cool up until our disagreement re: quickhammers so, since we disagreed he's obviously scum, that's how this works
6. DatSwan - selective summary was weird and wrong, seems to be reaching hard/making things up, also never finished summary of remaining players
7. MiX - so active but the shraeye interactions early on are suspect, he's gone back and forth a lot, weird interactions w/uncle too (ex: quotes uncle in post #80, in #99 says "totally missed uncle"), weird reads list (way too many town) fake votes DatSwan, then finalizes a shraeye vote for reasons no more serious than his single other scumread (datswan)
8. LaLight - I got nothin' here
9. Joseph2302 - hasn't been extra active, hard to read based on not much
10. arishipshape - weird buddy thing with MiX early game, jumps on the MiX wagon middle-ish, it's safe to assume that there were at least some scum on that wagon and in the middle is always a good place to find scum
11. shraeye - hate everything about him, will expand on this in a case post
12. EFHW - wish she were more vocal, she hasn't said much and hedged her town read of me so that's a little sketchy

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2019, 11:55:44 pm »

Sorry, in my case against shraeye I stumbled on this (bolding is mine) and it's enough for me to change to vote: MiX, still REALLY don't like shraeye but this is just too obvious.  First he says he's never seen shraeye, then he says he knows what both town! and scum!shraeye would do, he obviously knew this wasn't just and RVS vote.  The only way to know that information is to have studied him previously OR discussed it with him in a QT.  That, combined with all his weird defending of shraeye's vote/case on him (posts #119, #132, #147, #161, and finally in #204), his most recent vote for shraeye, and his weird buddying (yes, it's still happening) w/ari, make me comfortable with this vote.

arishpshape posts EXACTLY how I would post my first post in my first game, therefore he is town; regardless, I do believe giving newbies a D1 pass has become customary: by those I clearly mean myself, arishpshape and Debatepro.

Love silverspawn's response, disagree with the votes as I've said.

I've read some recent games, in those, I don't think I've seen shraeye nor raerae, so I consider them my biggest threats.

In that case, vote: shraeye , you look like a better person to get reactions from, for no reason whatsoever.

Now, knowing the meaning, I approached it as a normal case, the case being whatever the initial reason was, which for me meant a minor slip (like me buddying or maybe just the way I worded things, I didn't know what, but I knew that town!shraeye and scum!shraeye would have some backing to that vote), so I mentioned it when stating cases on me; didn't want to leave out any information, that would just be scummy for no reason, more info is good.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2019, 12:58:22 am »

seems to disagree with my game play and that makes me scummy in his eyes
I strongly dislike this attempt to invalidate my read on raerae.

MiX - so active but the shraeye interactions early on are suspect, he's gone back and forth a lot, weird interactions w/uncle too (ex: quotes uncle in post #80, in #99 says "totally missed uncle"), weird reads list (way too many town) fake votes DatSwan, then finalizes a shraeye vote for reasons no more serious than his single other scumread (datswan)
Is going back and forth scummy? Why does he have too many town reads? He gives 3 scum reads, how many scum do you think there are?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2019, 01:00:58 am »

Sorry, in my case against shraeye I stumbled on this (bolding is mine) and it's enough for me to change to vote: MiX, still REALLY don't like shraeye but this is just too obvious.  First he says he's never seen shraeye, then he says he knows what both town! and scum!shraeye would do, he obviously knew this wasn't just and RVS vote.  The only way to know that information is to have studied him previously OR discussed it with him in a QT.  That, combined with all his weird defending of shraeye's vote/case on him (posts #119, #132, #147, #161, and finally in #204), his most recent vote for shraeye, and his weird buddying (yes, it's still happening) w/ari, make me comfortable with this vote.

arishpshape posts EXACTLY how I would post my first post in my first game, therefore he is town; regardless, I do believe giving newbies a D1 pass has become customary: by those I clearly mean myself, arishpshape and Debatepro.

I've read some recent games, in those, I don't think I've seen shraeye nor raerae, so I consider them my biggest threats.

In that case, vote: shraeye , you look like a better person to get reactions from, for no reason whatsoever.

Now, knowing the meaning, I approached it as a normal case, the case being whatever the initial reason was, which for me meant a minor slip (like me buddying or maybe just the way I worded things, I didn't know what, but I knew that town!shraeye and scum!shraeye would have some backing to that vote), so I mentioned it when stating cases on me; didn't want to leave out any information, that would just be scummy for no reason, more info is good.
I don't get this. The second post isn't actually about anything that town!shraeye or scum!shraeye would do, but rather on how the rest of people in this game would react.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2019, 01:01:57 am »

Much appreciated :)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2019, 01:31:05 am »

so far rereading page 3 (or 6) and I want to vote: raerae
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2019, 01:32:09 am »

asking a lot of questions and doing nothing of actual scum hunting so far

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2019, 01:35:46 am »

well, we have 4 relative newbies, two returned vets, that's quite a playerlist I would say
Am I being counted as a returned vet?
Because I'm so sporadically here

yeah, but you are here with some fixed frequency, so sorry but no. You're the vet, but not returned :)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2019, 01:39:23 am »

I don't get this. The second post isn't actually about anything that town!shraeye or scum!shraeye would do, but rather on how the rest of people in this game would react.
Ah, no, I understand now. I disagree still. Also the only way this makes MiX look scummy is if shraeye is his partner, so it would still be better to be voting for shraeye.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2019, 01:43:57 am »

wow it's so hard when I don't know meta of half of the playerlist

also why does everyone do read lists?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2019, 01:45:24 am »

i think at least one of silver/faust is scum, I've read nothing to move my vote from raerae, still think it's a good chance to catch scum there, DS sounds too inattentive which is weird for him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2019, 01:46:05 am »

shraeye sounds like town

nice to be in a game with mail-mi

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2019, 01:57:15 am »

finishing summary but just quoting the first part all together with update faust read so I can be over catching up with this game and get into it.

This is what I already posted:

1) shraeye (11): Compared to the average player their interactions are minimal, and a lot of them raise eyebrows. However, I am reading Townish here under the assumption that lazy skum wouldn't be this sloppy with their posting. *Key Points Below* [/i]
- #112: Gives Joseph, faust, and Uncle "a guess" as to why voting for MiX.
- #129, #193, #229: Follows up by dodging raerae, then goes with blaming the above players for not answering the question (yet posting since it was asked).And in the last of the three posts calls out faust for "not posting anything substantial".
- #231: Gives reasons for MiX vote, but does not address why they selected [Joseph ,faust, Uncle] for the original question. They are then called out on it by raerae a few posts later and either misses the intent of the question or ignores it.

2) faust (8): see my post about the potential posting restrictions in regards to Nietzsche. Until that is cleared up, faust is unlynchable from PoV.

3) raerae (no shuffle ID, so IDK, but they have decent content): All in all just too damn paranoid for me to consider as a lynch rn. I am a pretty strong town read on them as of current.. they check all the correct boxes. 1) Frustrated with their wagon (not skummy, no matter what people have said), 2) faust pissing them off (townX1000), 3) They continue to attempt to open new venues of conversation, which is the easiest form of skum hunting in early days to avoid... so skum tends to you know... avoid it.
- Start of game has mostly to do with twin claim wars. To be expected. As I somewhat recently joined FDS from a twinclaim referral I can go ahead and say that gunning for your friend is essentially NAI... so if you are married it is probably just outright expected to happen (that was a joke, it is nice to play with both of you!)
- That being said... #138 is just downright incorrect. This is a form of RMM - if we bring every player to L-1 on Day 1, then on Day 1 every player will essentially have to claim. That is an exaggerated example (I am not promoting a mass claim by any means).. I am just saying that to wagon up players, under the correct circumstances, during early phases of this set up... def does NOT just "tell us nothing". If anything it is a stronger argument for the RVS stage of the game.

4) Mix (38) - I am torn. They open as an opportunist wagon, but some of the stuff they say is just so skummy. I could vote here, but not my preferred choice today.
- #113: "there are normally 3 skum in a 13 player game". As I mentioned I am torn. They stated pre-game they have never done this set up, so I suppose it would not be absurd for them to ignore the obvious things like SK, survivor, multiple skum factions, etc.
- #133: votes Dylan, while I am the only one voting Dylan. Given the wagon on them at the time, this strikes me as odd to go for the guy with 0 posts that the other guy you stated you would voted for is voting for instead of jumping on a wagon. I guess that is skummy? Whatever, if it is then like 1/4 point for it or whatever for now. Not reading super deep into it.
-then there are a lot of other responses which pretty much lead me to summary of...
- All in all this is a wagon that has been visited far too often for far to weak of reasons for me to consider today.

5) Dylan (6): Only relevant comment to date is #208. They did say they were traveling so giving them a wait for now.

6) EFHW (7): Hasn't really stated an opinion. Null.

I am updating faust now that I know he is not channeling the spirit of friedrich nietzsche:

faust: Someone pointed out I could not possibly be right about my restriction thing with faust because of the set up. Obviously correct, oversight on my end. To further on that point though, really really really weird for faust. LL came in and asked the money question ("faust - are you town aligned). So faust has no backdoor for being some third faction and fake claiming or whatever at this point... so super hard town lean on him as of now. I know that is gonna come off as some weak ass reasoning to players that have not played with faust, but just go like read... any other game ever.. it will make sense.

This is the rest:

7) DebatePr0 (11): I have several reasons why I would prefer not to lynch Pro (acceptable nick name?) today. I would like to keep a lot of them to myself for right now. As they do not seem to be gunned for, I can't imagine this will piss anyone off significantly. I will say that based on the fact that they are evidently as wet behind the ears as you can get.. when I combine that with their #289 reads list... that is just way too many nulls for new player skum to have on a list. They would of been coached, or they would of not posted a list, or any amount of other bazillion of options. Weak shit, I know, but it is day one, and it is pretty much tied for my strongest TR right now.

8) Joseph (11) (6 real posts): I have not played a lot of games with you, and your first post has you traveling.. So I am assuming that is the explanation for the lack of anything. I can't really be one to judge on this game obviously. Don't have much to go off of. I disagree with the faust read. I personally think it is less likely that faust is skum now that they burned their out to fake claim a third faction (regarding the quoting weirdness in the beginning).

The remaining are Unlce, silverspawn, LL, and myself. I have a super hard TR on myself, and I am keeping the other three to myself for now.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2019, 02:00:45 am »

hm I just counted and I am missing one (airship). will re read that now.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2019, 02:03:50 am »

hm I just counted and I am missing one (airship). will re read that now.

(ariship)* mis read sorry
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2019, 02:12:17 am »

i think at least one of silver/faust is scum, I've read nothing to move my vote from raerae, still think it's a good chance to catch scum there, DS sounds too inattentive which is weird for him

1) I have been super inactive due to work, so you are right on that.

2) You should re read silver/faust.

3) Why rae rae? I suck as much as anything at reading you, but I normally agree with your reads and I am just on the other side of the planet on this one.

real good. That’s how

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2019, 02:34:06 am »

faust's null, his early votes are good and his questions are towny, but he could very well do all that as scum, still, it's pro-town, so I hope he continues it.
arishipshape's still towny and will forever be towny untill he does a very big scumslip, for recent evidence of his townyness I present his FoS on me and faust, which is precisely what I would expect from noob!town.
Does this imply that you think my FoS on Faust is wrong? Obviously you will think my FoS on you is wrong, but I want to hear more from you on Faust. You seem very neutral in your read. "Faust is null, Faust is towny but could be scummy" doesn't cut it for me. Are you truly neutral on Faust? Where do you lean?
                                                  Vote Count 1.5

First off, haha very funny. Next and more importantly, who is this Teproc? How did he play? What is his reputation? And please consider me an entirely separate entity from him.
Third off, it's arishipshape not airshipshaoe ;-)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2019, 02:37:16 am »

wow it's so hard when I don't know meta of half of the playerlist

also why does everyone do read lists?
Easy way to get lots of information out

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2019, 02:37:50 am »

Also Vote: raerae is my preference for now

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2019, 02:45:01 am »

Joseph's null, but I want him to answer this:

If it's not too much to ask, what do you think of raerae/shraeye? Oh and Debatepro.

Just in case he missed it.

Leaning towards scummy for raerae, and a bit for shraeye too (although I don't currently think they're both scum together based on interactions)
Null on Debate

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2019, 07:01:33 am »

This was my way of saying NO ONE would do that vote without something to back it up, it would destroy its purpose and would be scummy for no reason: thus, neither town!shraeye nor scum!shraeye would do that. If you don't understand my logic, please say so, but I believe it's evident.

You have a different way of seeing things: if you were anyone else I would think that misunderstanding was scummy, for you I think it's perfectly towny, if I am to believe EFHW

I think the FoS on faust is correct; what's keeping me away from doing it myself is his pro-town behavior, I would like to keep him around just for that. Well, that and he's faust. So I guess slightly scummy? I feel like I always think faust is the opposite of what he is.

I know that is gonna come off as some weak ass reasoning to players that have not played with faust, but just go like read... any other game ever.. it will make sense.

I should do this: got any special mentions for town!faust and scum!faust games?

Don't like how big the raerae wagon got, if she was scum she wouldn't leave shraeye's wagon since, as faust said, raerae's case on me implies shraeye's scummy, then there's

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2019, 07:05:03 am »

Okay what's the hotkey for posting? Oh wow it's 3 keys at the same time, any way I can disable that?

Don't like how big the raerae wagon got, if she was scum she wouldn't leave shraeye's wagon since, as faust said, raerae's case on me implies shraeye's scummy, then there's

there's WIFOM but still.

Good feedback from Joseph and DatSwan, but I don't like Joseph's vote, as I said above.

LaLight, can you say wht raerae's scummy? I've heard from others but not from you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100  All

Page created in 2.599 seconds with 20 queries.