Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 294337 times)

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2125 on: February 21, 2019, 10:35:29 am »

DS is a decent player. SS was skeptical of DS's case against EFHW and he even voted for DS. I don't think scum would push people to lynch a "lesser player", especially sense he already had plenty of cover to vote for DS.
So silver is townie for reading DatSwan correctly, and he is also townie for misreading him? Great. silver didn't push anyone, it was clear that DatSwan would be lynch, he just did not want to take heat for that lynch.

It's an even/if position. If you are right that SS is scum, there is no reason to stay on Ari. DS is a better player. His reason for voting for DS "as scum" is the same as yours "as town", fearful people would believe the claim and jump off the wagon. I don't quite understand why the logic covers you but not him. He can use the same cover you used or are using.

I get a question now. For both Ari, Joseph, and EFHW what do we learn if we lynch them and the end up town or scum? What conclusions should we draw about them and their partners? Ill make you a worksheet for your answers.

Ari (Scum): EFHW is town. You are probably town. Most likely partners, in that order: Eddie, silver, you, Joseph.
Ari (Town): EFHW looks worse. silver looks even worse. Eddie seems townie. Scum team: you, silver, EFHW with an outside chance of Eddie replacing EFHW.
Joseph(Scum): Would require an evaluation of that wagon. ari is probably townier. silver seems like a good partner option. Partner in order of likelihood: silver, Eddie, you, EFHW, ari. Also I will probably be lynched next.
Joseph(Town): Nothing that we don't already know. I guess depending on who the counter-wagon is it may be possible to draw some conclusions.
EFHW(Scum): ari is town. If EFHW flips scum Motion Detector, then Eddie is town. silver seems townier. Most likely partners: you, Eddie (if EFHW does not flip MD), Joseph, silver, Eddie (if EFHW flips MD)
EFHW(Town): Noone except me and raerae really suspected EFHW today, so I would have to see how this lynch happened. Scum team is silver, you, Eddie.

In summary, SS is likely scum in all but EFHW.Scum.No.MD case. Also perhaps in Joseph(Town) case which will require further analysis.
FNG

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 21, 2019, 10:40:05 am »

DS is a decent player. SS was skeptical of DS's case against EFHW and he even voted for DS. I don't think scum would push people to lynch a "lesser player", especially sense he already had plenty of cover to vote for DS.
So silver is townie for reading DatSwan correctly, and he is also townie for misreading him? Great. silver didn't push anyone, it was clear that DatSwan would be lynch, he just did not want to take heat for that lynch.

It's an even/if position. If you are right that SS is scum, there is no reason to stay on Ari. DS is a better player. His reason for voting for DS "as scum" is the same as yours "as town", fearful people would believe the claim and jump off the wagon. I don't quite understand why the logic covers you but not him. He can use the same cover you used or are using.
I don't quite get what you are saying? Sure scum!silver prefers a DatSwan mislynch over an ari mislynch. But he also prefers a lynch that is happening without him over one that is happening with him. You have to explain more how that is the same "cover" because I don't get it.

I get a question now. For both Ari, Joseph, and EFHW what do we learn if we lynch them and the end up town or scum? What conclusions should we draw about them and their partners? Ill make you a worksheet for your answers.

Ari (Scum): EFHW is town. You are probably town. Most likely partners, in that order: Eddie, silver, you, Joseph.
Ari (Town): EFHW looks worse. silver looks even worse. Eddie seems townie. Scum team: you, silver, EFHW with an outside chance of Eddie replacing EFHW.
Joseph(Scum): Would require an evaluation of that wagon. ari is probably townier. silver seems like a good partner option. Partner in order of likelihood: silver, Eddie, you, EFHW, ari. Also I will probably be lynched next.
Joseph(Town): Nothing that we don't already know. I guess depending on who the counter-wagon is it may be possible to draw some conclusions.
EFHW(Scum): ari is town. If EFHW flips scum Motion Detector, then Eddie is town. silver seems townier. Most likely partners: you, Eddie (if EFHW does not flip MD), Joseph, silver, Eddie (if EFHW flips MD)
EFHW(Town): Noone except me and raerae really suspected EFHW today, so I would have to see how this lynch happened. Scum team is silver, you, Eddie.

In summary, SS is likely scum in all but EFHW.Scum.No.MD case. Also perhaps in Joseph(Town) case which will require further analysis.
Well I said other stuff also, but yes I believe silver is scum in a lot of scenarios, hence my voting for him.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 21, 2019, 10:52:43 am »

From my perspective, i'm basically dead. If i'm not lynched today, i'm lynched tomorrow. My role, which would have been an ace in the hole, is now worthless due to dead neap. Everybody thinks i'm scum for 2 main mistakes I have made: Expressing "fake" emotion, and revealing my role at a bad time, both of which I will not do again, so i'll participate a lot more in the next forum mafia game I play at least. For now, this game feels sunk to me, as I kant escape the shadows of my idiotic mistakes. I have provided my reads, and find it difficult to sift through the muck of these last few days. I don't have much good to offer town at this point.
I will be here for the deadline. I find right before the deadline is more my style anyways, with everyone being online and everyone being aggressive. IMHO right before the deadline is the best time to see peoples townieness or scummyness, because of the real pressure. That is when I will do my quality scumhunting.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 21, 2019, 10:55:35 am »

From my perspective, i'm basically dead. If i'm not lynched today, i'm lynched tomorrow. My role, which would have been an ace in the hole, is now worthless due to dead neap. Everybody thinks i'm scum for 2 main mistakes I have made: Expressing "fake" emotion, and revealing my role at a bad time, both of which I will not do again, so i'll participate a lot more in the next forum mafia game I play at least. For now, this game feels sunk to me, as I kant escape the shadows of my idiotic mistakes. I have provided my reads, and find it difficult to sift through the muck of these last few days. I don't have much good to offer town at this point.
I will be here for the deadline. I find right before the deadline is more my style anyways, with everyone being online and everyone being aggressive. IMHO right before the deadline is the best time to see peoples townieness or scummyness, because of the real pressure. That is when I will do my quality scumhunting.

Vote EFHW with me then, if she flips scum you're safe tomorrow. If you vote faust you're absolutely tomorrow's lunch.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 21, 2019, 10:56:29 am »

If faust is scum, i'm fine with kamikazing him. He seems quite dominant on the board right now.

Vote EFHW with me then, if she flips scum you're safe tomorrow. If you vote faust you're absolutely tomorrow's lunch.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: February 21, 2019, 10:57:16 am »

If faust is scum, i'm fine with kamikazing him. He seems quite dominant on the board right now.

Well crud. I typed a reply but it doesn't seem to have worked. My reply went something like this:
If Faust is scum, i'm fine with taking him with me. He seems quite dominant on this board.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:00 am »

So if one votes for faust and EFHW flips town, then they targeted in d4. I don't understand, wouldn't one have been at least correct that they believed she was town?
FNG

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: February 21, 2019, 11:09:54 am »

So if one votes for faust and EFHW flips town, then they targeted in d4. I don't understand, wouldn't one have been at least correct that they believed she was town?

It isn't a threat it's just a fact. Regardless of what faust flips, Ari will be the lunch tomorrow. If faust is town we'll say, "Oh, Ari is so scummy! Look at all the scum all game long!" And if faust is scum we'll say, "Oh Ari must have been busing!" Ari's walking dead and EFHW's scum flip is the only thing that saves him.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: February 21, 2019, 11:16:02 am »

It isn't a threat it's just a fact. Regardless of what faust flips, Ari will be the lunch tomorrow. If faust is town we'll say, "Oh, Ari is so scummy! Look at all the scum all game long!" And if faust is scum we'll say, "Oh Ari must have been busing!" Ari's walking dead and EFHW's scum flip is the only thing that saves him.
Let's say EFHW and faust are scum. I'd rather we lynch Faust and I die too than lynch EFHW and live. Faust has been one of if not the most influential players in this game, and assuming he's scum, he is my top priority. Even at cost to me.
However, if Faust ISN'T scum, then we would have a different story. Perhaps my mind will change. We shall see in the next few hours

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: February 21, 2019, 11:17:59 am »

Nope, you and EFHW can't both be town. It's between you two. You want to lunch we EFHW and live to tomorrow or do you want to die today?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: February 21, 2019, 11:18:51 am »

Nope, you and EFHW can't both be town. It's between you two. You want to lunch we EFHW and live to tomorrow or do you want to die today?
I must have missed something. I'll take your word for it, but if someone proves this statement otherwise I'll unvote.

vote: EFHW

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 21, 2019, 11:22:57 am »

They can both be town.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: February 21, 2019, 11:23:59 am »

They can both be town.
Disagree. Seems way too overpowered to me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 21, 2019, 11:25:19 am »

They can both be town.
?

ari's role is actually worse for town if ari is town than if ari is scum...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: February 21, 2019, 11:31:00 am »

They can both be town.
?

I don't see it that way.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 21, 2019, 11:32:00 am »

They can both be town.
?

I don't see it that way.
Well sorry but you are not making any sense whatsoever. How does ari's role help town?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: February 21, 2019, 11:32:33 am »

Setup-wise, they can definitely both be town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 21, 2019, 11:34:25 am »

So you think that I wouldn't be bold enough to defend scumpartner!EFHW with this argument but would be willing to take town!EFHW out of the already small lynch pool?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: February 21, 2019, 11:37:18 am »

So you think that I wouldn't be bold enough to defend scumpartner!EFHW with this argument but would be willing to take town!EFHW out of the already small lynch pool?
I guess? It's really more based on how EFHW behaved in regards to you. I find it unlikely that she would claim a result on a scumpartner only to go on bussing him.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:31 am »

Think this is right - Updating from post #2001 & #2124- Vote Count 3.4.2 (db8)

Arishipshape (2): Silverspawn, Joseph2302
silverspawn (2): faust, EFHW
EFHW (1): raerae, arishipshape
faust (1): Debatepro
Joseph2302 (1): Uncleeurope

Not Voting (1): Shraeye

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends February 21, 2019, 04:00:00 pm.

Data:
Shraeye revote faust #2055
Shraeye unvote #2079
Raeyae vote Joseph #2086
Silverspawn vote Ari #2102
Joseph vote Ari #2110
Raeyae unvote #2120
Raeyae vote EFHW #2122
Aru vote for EFHW #2136

Correction to 3.4.1 (db8):
Should have listed two as not voting: Shraeye, Ari.
FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: February 21, 2019, 11:40:04 am »

EFHW, what are your thoughts on UncleEurope?
Towny
Why are you voting for silver? You got the same result on him as you did on Eddie.

@SS: What do you think about this fact?
FNG

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 21, 2019, 11:41:22 am »

This is not true; don't strongarm him into voting EFHW

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 21, 2019, 11:41:50 am »

They can both be town.
?

I agree.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 21, 2019, 11:42:59 am »

raerae, EFHW is NOT our lynch today.

We should find the scum in

{Joseph, silver, Uncle, ari} 

I don't think either of us want ari....so why did Joseph feel wrong?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 21, 2019, 11:43:14 am »

They can both be town.
?

I don't see it that way.
Well sorry but you are not making any sense whatsoever. How does ari's role help town?

Obviously it doesn't anymore but it did when mail-mi was around.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.