Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 294218 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1000 on: February 04, 2019, 10:53:04 am »

First things first: DANG IT! I knew it! I called it! I started to smell it all to late... RIP MiX. I will avenge you!
And I inevitably get flak for it.
Damn right. Vote: ari
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 04, 2019, 11:32:30 am »

I'm v/la today and tomorrow.  Will try to respond to questions and vote later today.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 04, 2019, 11:52:56 am »

And ari just doubles down on the fake moarning thing while also taking this MiX post way too seriously. Vote: arishipshape
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 04, 2019, 11:54:19 am »

Tunneling MiX: What are you talking about? Didn't you read my summary post of other people? What about my argument with Faust?

Tunneling only means that you pushed for his lynch, not that you ignored other people. There's nothing scummy about tunneling.

Super fake post: Ok, so I get emotional when the stakes are high and the time is low. Congratulations, you have discovered that I am human. Sue me

I agree that there is nothing inherently scummy about being emotional. What being emotional does is make it harder to fake stuff. Often, I think people reveal their towniness when they're emotional. I think you revealed your scumminess.

Conscience about how vote will affect outcome: I was thinking big picture. The way I saw it, whatever MiX was it was to late for me to make a difference. I was right. I didn't know his alignment, but my biggest reasons to suspect MiX vanished during his, in my opinion, very towny facing of his demise.
Knows the alignment and exaggerates: Again, my best reasons for suspecting him crumbled extremely quickly. Granted, I probably assumed he was town more than I should have, but suddenly having no case against the biggest lynch on the board does that to you.

Well, you [as in everyone] can read this explanation and see whether it convinces you

90 percent post: Just because the average towny has themselves overly convinced doesn't mean me throwing out a random high percent is scummy.

My argument was not that throwing out the 90 thing was scummy, it was that retracting it was scummy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 04, 2019, 11:55:03 am »

Tunneling only means that you pushed for his lynch, not that you ignored other people. There's nothing scummy about tunneling.

At least that's how I use tunneling. Now that I think about it, that might actually be nonstandard.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: February 04, 2019, 11:56:19 am »

At least that's how I use tunneling. Now that I think about it, that might actually be nonstandard.
I was just about to say that I don't use it like that, and I don't think people understand it like that.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 04, 2019, 11:58:13 am »

First things first: DANG IT! I knew it! I called it! I started to smell it all to late... RIP MiX. I will avenge you!
And I inevitably get flak for it.
Thanks alot. You voted for him. I retracted. Who has the right to be angry here again? Do you think my reaction was fake? If so, disprove my counterpoints to silverspawn.
And ari just doubles down on the fake moarning thing while also taking this MiX post way too seriously. Vote: arishipshape
Taking the post seriously was MiX's last request! Also, fake? Please, demonstrate with logic and quotes why it was fake! It wasn't! If this was fake, that would be a massive risk to jump off the MiX wagon at the last second, for fear of dismantling it and getting someone else lynched, correct?

PPE 3 more accusations that I will defend when I have time. For now, laundry calls.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 04, 2019, 12:10:55 pm »

Who has the right to be angry here again?
Noone. Also I am not angry.
Do you think my reaction was fake?
Yes.
If so, disprove my counterpoints to silverspawn.
No thanks.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 04, 2019, 12:34:24 pm »

Also a rules question:
Mod: if Masons are in the setup, are there guaranteed to be at least 2 of them
I think LaLight would have let us know if they were a lone Mason. But instead they explicitly talked about a partner. Do you think LaLight lied?
Don't think so. But always better to check with mod
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 04, 2019, 12:38:29 pm »

As someone else already said, of the 4 wagons being proposed yesterday, raerae looks like it would have been the best one

Also, no one has yet convinced me that MiX was actually scummy , and so I I'm sure there's some scum on that wagon (at a guess I'd say 2)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 04, 2019, 12:38:35 pm »

Also a rules question:
Mod: if Masons are in the setup, are there guaranteed to be at least 2 of them

Yes, if there is a Mason in the setup, they must have at least one partner.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 04, 2019, 12:39:23 pm »

There's some weird setups where you can get 1 (useless) mason

I feel like this is Bastard modding if you don't make the Mason an IC instead.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:25 pm »

So by my own logic, there would be 2 scum in {Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight, EFHW, Faust}. Scummiest people there IMO are raerae and Debatepro

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:47 pm »

Tunneling MiX: What are you talking about? Didn't you read my summary post of other people? What about my argument with Faust?

Super fake post: Ok, so I get emotional when the stakes are high and the time is low. Congratulations, you have discovered that I am human. Sue me

I agree that there is nothing inherently scummy about being emotional. What being emotional does is make it harder to fake stuff. Often, I think people reveal their towniness when they're emotional. I think you revealed your scumminess.

Conscience about how vote will affect outcome: I was thinking big picture. The way I saw it, whatever MiX was it was to late for me to make a difference. I was right. I didn't know his alignment, but my biggest reasons to suspect MiX vanished during his, in my opinion, very towny facing of his demise.
Knows the alignment and exaggerates: Again, my best reasons for suspecting him crumbled extremely quickly. Granted, I probably assumed he was town more than I should have, but suddenly having no case against the biggest lynch on the board does that to you.

Well, you [as in everyone] can read this explanation and see whether it convinces you

90 percent post: Just because the average towny has themselves overly convinced doesn't mean me throwing out a random high percent is scummy.

My argument was not that throwing out the 90 thing was scummy, it was that retracting it was scummy.
"Tunneling only means pushing for lynch" If tunneling isn't scummy, then whats wrong with it?
"You revealed scummyness in emotions" Touche. If you think that outburst was scummy and not towny, I have no way to prove otherwise. Seems fair, as besides intuition you cant really prove it was scummy.
"See if this convinces you (everyone)" No reasons? No case.
"Retracting percentage was scummy" I only explained it. I didn't say I wasn't "very" sure. I only said 90 was arbitrarily large. I probably should have just said "very sure". I'll say that next time.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 04, 2019, 12:48:29 pm »

Yes.
No thanks.
"Not angry"
Most people don't throw around the word "damn" without being at least a little angry.
"fake reaction" Ok, it's fine to think that. But please give the town reasons and justification. Don't just say things and expect to be instantly believed. Besides, more information to the town is good.
"No thanks" ... what? If I ask someone "please prove your point" and they say "no thanks", what am I supposed to think? That they have a valid point? I would think this hypothetical person just can't prove it, and thus doesn't want to talk about it. Not wanting to talk and provide information is very scummy. I really wan't to believe you are town, as MiX says, but it's getting harder by the minute.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03:08 pm »

So by my own logic, there would be 2 scum in {Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight, EFHW, Faust}. Scummiest people there IMO are raerae and Debatepro

You've still never given a reason why I'm scummy.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 04, 2019, 01:06:16 pm »

Can you explain the math (logic) behind why there are 2 scum in that list? Curious, so i can use in the future.

Why would you include LaLight in this list? Lastly, who is your best guess as LaLight's mason partner?
FNG

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 04, 2019, 01:56:26 pm »

Yes.
No thanks.
"Not angry"
Most people don't throw around the word "damn" without being at least a little angry.
I gotta admit I DO get a little upset when people tell me they know my emotions better than myself.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 04, 2019, 02:00:01 pm »

You've still never given a reason why I'm scummy.
Why do you need to know?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 04, 2019, 02:15:02 pm »

Can you explain the math (logic) behind why there are 2 scum in that list? Curious, so i can use in the future.

Why would you include LaLight in this list? Lastly, who is your best guess as LaLight's mason partner?
I don't think MiX was scummy, but the more D1 went on, the more likely it was that he was going to become the default lynch
Which makes it easy for scum to be on that wagon
Honestly, MiX didn't look scummy, he was active, maybe a bit overactive at times (which should have been obvious newbie rather than scummy), and frankly we just gave scum an easy lynch option
LL is only on the list as it was a cut and paste

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1020 on: February 04, 2019, 02:15:58 pm »

i think at least one of silver/faust is scum, I've read nothing to move my vote from raerae, still think it's a good chance to catch scum there, DS sounds too inattentive which is weird for him

This is 339/338 depending on how you list the thread. faust pointed to 340/339 where LL townreads Shraeye.

Ppe: not caught up

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 04, 2019, 02:16:25 pm »

And I'm definitely not going to post who I think LL's partner is
Would give scum far too much info

PPE: 1

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 04, 2019, 02:18:43 pm »

To answer Shraeye, ari seems like he's jumping in with both feet. I haven't noticed anything suspicious from him.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 04, 2019, 02:20:14 pm »

@faust, why did you vote me? I know you have moved on, but I'd still like to know what you were thinking.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 04, 2019, 02:34:52 pm »

Now I have read the discussion about ari maybe faking his emotionality. My sense is that he is doing that as town, getting into the spirit of things without being calibrated to our group. I don't think jumping off the MiX wagon was any kind of a smart scum move. I think he got cold feet about the responsibility. He's trying to use it for towncred now, which won't work, but like I said, he isn't calibrated yet.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 100  All

Page created in 2.201 seconds with 19 queries.