Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274509 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2000 on: February 15, 2019, 10:19:08 am »

Also, will you admit now that you hammered mail-mi to serve your personal wincon and not because it was necessary pro-town for the rest of us?

I am town. I hammered mail-mi to serve the common wincon that all townies have.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 15, 2019, 10:31:56 am »

Also, will you admit now that you hammered mail-mi to serve your personal wincon and not because it was necessary pro-town for the rest of us?

Let me interpret for Awaclus: yes.  I needed mail-mi to be out of the way so that I could win with town.

going back to everything mail-mi claimed, I believe them (mail-mi).  i.e. Awaclus wins with town as the last remaining alive Anaander Mianaai

All of Awaclus' play makes sense given the role.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 15, 2019, 10:38:37 am »

Let me interpret for Awaclus: yes.  I needed mail-mi to be out of the way so that I could win with town.

going back to everything mail-mi claimed, I believe them (mail-mi).  i.e. Awaclus wins with town as the last remaining alive Anaander Mianaai

All of Awaclus' play makes sense given the role.

I agree. But it bugs me that Awaclus won't admit his obvious extra wincon. Just seems like pure stubbornness at this point.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 15, 2019, 10:39:22 am »

In case e did want to change up the order to put me first, then I didn't target anyone last night, and I've claimed everything else already.

You haven't claimed what happened N3.

I didn't take an action N3. Pretty sure I said so yesterday.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 15, 2019, 10:40:00 am »

I'm skeptical about your role as-claimed though. The Aanander thing is basically a drawback. I would expect you to have better powers to compensate.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2005 on: February 15, 2019, 10:48:53 am »

I'm skeptical about your role as-claimed though. The Aanander thing is basically a drawback. I would expect you to have better powers to compensate.

That's because I don't have the drawback.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 15, 2019, 11:01:22 am »

Even if you don't have the extra wincon, the fact that somebody else in the game wants you, specifically, dead is a drawback.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2007 on: February 15, 2019, 11:09:04 am »

Even if you don't have the extra wincon, the fact that somebody else in the game wants you, specifically, dead is a drawback.

It's a drawback for the entire town, not just me.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 15, 2019, 11:26:45 am »

I assume that either Aanander needed to be the only one to win with town. Is that your sense, Joth?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2009 on: February 15, 2019, 11:29:26 am »

I assume that either Aanander needed to be the only one to win with town. Is that your sense, Joth?

I don't know about joth's sense but that's not my win con.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: February 15, 2019, 11:30:28 am »

What is your wincon?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2011 on: February 15, 2019, 11:36:40 am »

What is your wincon?

You win when all threats to the Radch have been eliminated, and there is at least one Radch-aligned player left alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 15, 2019, 12:44:19 pm »

Is it an x-shot roleblock or a full roleblock you’ve been choosing not to use?

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2013 on: February 15, 2019, 12:48:42 pm »

Why is this relevant to know?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 15, 2019, 01:01:25 pm »

Look, are we mass claiming or not? Part of the point is to determine whether claimed roles are reasonable in a balanced game. But we need more info about the roles’ power levels for that.

Also, knowing whether you chose not to use a power, and why, helps us determine if those actions are believable from you as town.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 15, 2019, 01:18:15 pm »

Look, are we mass claiming or not? Part of the point is to determine whether claimed roles are reasonable in a balanced game. But we need more info about the roles’ power levels for that.

Also, knowing whether you chose not to use a power, and why, helps us determine if those actions are believable from you as town.

<satire>Ah, but you forget, Awaclus is the only confirmed town among us, why should he trust is with the details? He is the ultimate authority on All Things Mafia. At least for this game.</satire>
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2016 on: February 15, 2019, 01:19:03 pm »

How were you planning to confirm that I'm telling the truth about my number of shots?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 15, 2019, 01:21:43 pm »

How were you planning to confirm that I'm telling the truth about my number of shots?

That's the point though, isn't it? Scum lies, town tells the truth. (Generally). You claim, we judge your claim based on your play and the claims merit, then we either lynch you or not.

It's almost as if we have to use social deduction to figure out who the bad guys are. Weird

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2018 on: February 15, 2019, 01:25:13 pm »

That's the point though, isn't it? Scum lies, town tells the truth. (Generally). You claim, we judge your claim based on your play and the claims merit, then we either lynch you or not.

It's almost as if we have to use social deduction to figure out who the bad guys are. Weird

Well, then you should be judging my claim that I'm town based on the merit that I'm trying to win this game for town by not giving scum free info.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 15, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »

Remember when OuS claimed full doc and we were like "town had a full doc and a full JK, seems OP"? That's the sort of deduction I'm talking about.

Anyway, now that I know that we're going with a loose definition of mass claim, I'm ready to take my turn.

I am named after a character from an Ann Leckie book. I have at least one night action.

Woo! Mass claim!

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 15, 2019, 01:29:55 pm »

Ok, doctor, tell me why you are alive

If UoS is town, the only way scum would want him alive so badly is if they felt they needed him available because one of them would be the lynch otherwise.

I literally announced who I was going to doctor, not a single person in this game was really opposed to my lynch other than maybe Awaclus, and half of you wanted to lynch me over Ash (which was the equivalent of No Lynching in MYLO.)

Where is all this shock coming from that I'm alive? What scumteam in the universe kills me in this situation? I was hoping to get NKed back when I claimed but the play following my claim ensured that I was never going to be.

And how does e come out of the gate as soon as the day starts forgetting all this, casting suspicion on me like she knows my claim isn't going to be backed up and arrogantly setting the lynch order with herself so low and notably Space coming after me which is bizarre and dumb given what I was trying to do.

Vote: e

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 15, 2019, 01:31:36 pm »

But UoS was allegedly going to confirm themself last night somehow, so let's see what that is all about.

I literally spelled this out Yesterday

I thought UoS said that his "confirming" plan involved protecting the most-townread player and getting me to voyeur them at the same time. Which is all kinds of flawed because it required him to announce in-thread who he's protecting and who I've got to target, for the benefit of any scums out there in the increasingly-unlikely event of UoS himself not being scum.

And why have you adopted the scarequotes too now? It only involved announcing that in-thread because neither if you gave a moment's thought to what I was doing, and appear to have somehow forgotten overnight.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2022 on: February 15, 2019, 01:32:34 pm »

Remember when OuS claimed full doc and we were like "town had a full doc and a full JK, seems OP"? That's the sort of deduction I'm talking about.

I do remember when some people were like "town had a full doc and a full JK, seems OP" but I don't remember when UoS claimed full doc. Instead, I remember when UoS refused to claim what kind of a doctor he was.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: February 15, 2019, 01:36:03 pm »

I do remember when some people were like "town had a full doc and a full JK, seems OP" but I don't remember when UoS claimed full doc. Instead, I remember when UoS refused to claim what kind of a doctor he was.

Actually she said she wasn't a full doc, but all the evidence points to the contrary.

I am interested in the particulars of UoS' role.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 15, 2019, 01:37:10 pm »

I was a large part of the misinformation campaign to paint UoS as a full cop. Interestingly UoS has not challenged this herself.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.579 seconds with 20 queries.