Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274503 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1975 on: February 15, 2019, 04:19:09 am »

Or maybe space first.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1976 on: February 15, 2019, 04:30:16 am »

Ok, doctor, tell me why you are alive

Yeah, that's definitely an interesting choice. Why didn't you kill him?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 15, 2019, 05:11:00 am »

Ok, doctor, tell me why you are alive

Yeah, that's definitely an interesting choice. Why didn't you kill him?

Because you didn't want to join me yesterday lynching them
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:26 am »

But UoS was allegedly going to confirm themself last night somehow, so let's see what that is all about.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 15, 2019, 07:10:44 am »

I thought UoS said that his "confirming" plan involved protecting the most-townread player and getting me to voyeur them at the same time. Which is all kinds of flawed because it required him to announce in-thread who he's protecting and who I've got to target, for the benefit of any scums out there in the increasingly-unlikely event of UoS himself not being scum.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: February 15, 2019, 07:12:23 am »

Bye, Glooble! It was nice to have played with you. I hope that this was less stressful for you so that you’ll keep playing!

Good morning, everyone. So UoS is hated today. Cool.  I can wait until my turn to share what I’ve learned. I agree with the order that e set.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 15, 2019, 07:24:41 am »

In case e did want to change up the order to put me first, then I didn't target anyone last night, and I've claimed everything else already. I wanted to make sure I have a shot left in case there is any kind of proof thing we can do, though at the same time I doubt it's all that workable.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1982 on: February 15, 2019, 07:34:02 am »

In case e did want to change up the order to put me first, then I didn't target anyone last night, and I've claimed everything else already.

You haven't claimed what happened N3.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 15, 2019, 08:34:43 am »

I do think Umbrage surviving looks bad for Umbrage, but I also think since we discussed that yesterday we gave scum the opportunity to mindgame us. I can’t imagine they were actually afraid of Glooble’s power.

If they want to leave as many lynch candidates available as possible, it makes sense not to target Space, UoS, WCD, or e, since those were the most discussed lynched yesterday.

It’s possible that, in choosing between me, Glooble, and Awaclus they wanted to pick the player Umbrage was least likely to doctor? But then, why not pick me? Umbrage was scumreadinf and voting me all day, I think there’s a zero chance UoS would protect me.

I’m leaning toward Occam’s Razor here. Umbrage is alive because Umbrage is a member of the s I’m team.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 15, 2019, 08:38:53 am »

That’s “the scum team”. Phone posting.

Also I’m back from V/LA so you can all look forward to a return to my regular levels of loquaciousness.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1985 on: February 15, 2019, 08:46:15 am »

My proposed order:
UoS
Space
Awaclus
Joth
e
WCD

Conveniently you have yourself and your scum partner claiming last.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 15, 2019, 08:47:49 am »

If UoS is town, the only way scum would want him alive so badly is if they felt they needed him available because one of them would be the lynch otherwise. And the other one would be next. I think if they had even one strongly town-read teammate, they would just be content to kill the doctor, bus Space, and position the surviving partner as well as possible for lylo. That’s what I do do anyway.

The scum team most likely to behave that way is e-Space, or maybe Space-WCD.

At this point I can’t fathom a scenario where Space and Snow are both town. I strongly believe one of them should be today’s lynch.

If UoS is scum, who is their most likely partner? Well, I think we have to look back at yesterday and catalogue UoS’s one day of interactions. That will be my next project.

PPE 1

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 15, 2019, 08:50:32 am »

My proposed order:
UoS
Space
Awaclus
Joth
e
WCD

Conveniently you have yourself and your scum partner claiming last.

Not a huge deal since they’ve both already fullclaimed other than last nights actions? And since WCD has an investigative ability it makes sense for her to save her result and try to catch scum in a lie. I hope she hasn’t already shared it in any QTs.

I’m happy to go before Awaclus.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:21 am »

In retrospect, we should have had ashersky make an order before he died.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1989 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:32 am »

I think the remaining scum are SA and Awaclus.  The remaining possibilities for me would be joth and UoS.

I wanted to lay out my thinking while I had a moment:

Glooble -- as you may recall, I scum read her pretty much all game.  Based on her claim, however, I think she must be town.  For the claim to be fake, she had to also have a fake plan to go with it that got called off.  For the claim to be real from scum, she never would have claimed it, they would have orchestrated a full town wagon and used the treestumped town to win.  So I think it's a real town claim.

2.7 -- a correct cop result on yourself usually makes for some confirmation bias, but I'm focusing on the Governor claim.  Obviously I didn't die, and it wasn't my doing, so I believe it.  Best use of a scum governor is saving your scum partner at an opportune time, not saving a random townie on Day 1.

WCD -- I guess at some point, too many rookie mistakes/misunderstandings/learning moments are too many to be faked.  Scum neighborizer and their various versions have existed, but I think it's more likely WCD was duped by being too innocent and upfront with unknown QT partners.

That leaves SA, UoS, joth, Awaclus.

I settled on SA/Awa based on their interaction all game seeming to not really be interaction at all.  Plus, SA has been scummy, per everyone.  UoS is also scummy, and the doc claim is suspect, but she is probably lying/holding back there.  And it's a meta-read, but I have a hard time imagining Robz quitting a game as scum, ever.  And joth has just been playing very, very well, which is something she generally hasn't done as scum (no offense).

Plus, someone has to still be Anaander, right?  That's just a random note.

Anyway, very firm town reads based on claims/actions, not on my own reads, which is probably better.  I'm generally trusting scum does what is best for them, and those three haven't.  Scum reads based on interactions and reads, plus a little meta.  Not as good, but POE is strong.

Here is ash’s reads list. If we were to establish a claim order based on that it would be:

Space
Awaclus
Snow
Joth
WCD
e

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1990 on: February 15, 2019, 08:57:06 am »

Not a huge deal since they’ve both already fullclaimed other than last nights actions? And since WCD has an investigative ability it makes sense for her to save her result and try to catch scum in a lie. I hope she hasn’t already shared it in any QTs.

I suppose that's true.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1991 on: February 15, 2019, 08:59:21 am »

You actually want to go before me? I'm next in the claiming order if we go by ash's reads.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 15, 2019, 09:04:21 am »

You actually want to go before me? I'm next in the claiming order if we go by ash's reads.

I don’t want to but I’m willing to. Ash’s reads seem like a reasonable way to do it fairly.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 15, 2019, 09:05:22 am »

I don’t not want to. I basically just don’t care — I strongly towmread you at this point.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1994 on: February 15, 2019, 09:15:59 am »

Okay. I'll go next then. I'm the town Anaander Mianaai. I roleblocked Space N3 and that's the only thing about my role that can be verified by anyone or is otherwise worth claiming. That's also the only time I used the roleblock.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: February 15, 2019, 10:04:05 am »

I’m am doing a good job of keeping my trapper shut. This, as you might imagine, is really hard for me.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 15, 2019, 10:11:37 am »

Umbrage doesn’t usually come around until later in the day, so I assume we’re waiting for a bit before there is anything new to think about or move through the claims list.

Which means I need to write an exam. Ugh.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 15, 2019, 10:16:40 am »

Okay. I'll go next then. I'm the town Anaander Mianaai. I roleblocked Space N3 and that's the only thing about my role that can be verified by anyone or is otherwise worth claiming. That's also the only time I used the roleblock.

So you’re not the one throwing around hated modifiers?

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1998 on: February 15, 2019, 10:17:15 am »

So you’re not the one throwing around hated modifiers?

No.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 15, 2019, 10:17:56 am »

Also, will you admit now that you hammered mail-mi to serve your personal wincon and not because it was necessary pro-town for the rest of us?

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93  All

Page created in 1.969 seconds with 20 queries.